Rock Springs Coyote contest

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Rock Springs Coyote contest

Post by Les Staley »

My son and I teamed up against the coyotes and 37 other teams Sat. and came up with a fourth place.. not much money, but got our entrance fees and $50 back..ended up with two coyotes, but a third one we couldn't recover as he got onto a ranch won't be killing any fawns this spring.. I used my new AR15 in 6mmX45.. loaded some 69 gr bergers .. I'll have to say it ain't fur friendly...but all we wanted was body count.. great way to spend a Saturday with your boy and some guns... Les
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Rock Springs Coyote contest

Post by Griff »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
old06
Levergunner 1.0

Post by old06 »

Les Staley wrote:My son and I teamed up against the coyotes and 37 other teams Sat. and came up with a fourth place.. not much money, but got our entrance fees and $50 back..ended up with two coyotes, but a third one we couldn't recover as he got onto a ranch won't be killing any fawns this spring.. I used my new AR15 in 6mmX45.. loaded some 69 gr bergers .. I'll have to say it ain't fur friendly...but all we wanted was body count.. great way to spend a Saturday with your boy and some guns... Les
Its news like this that makes me smile. Every deer season I kill a few 3 this year but for the first time in over 25 years we'll be able to hunt at night ......with a light even. Starts 1 Feb to Aug 31..........I sat in my stand last Sat eve till dark and listen to them thinking there day is coming......I hate a fawn killer
Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

I don't remember the exact count, but I think around 26 coyotes bit the dust that day...It will help...

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

As they come into your area, shoot the "big" coyotes too :wink:
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Yeah, they are already here... the rancher next door said they saw three a couple of days ago, I had to go over a few miles to get coyotes that would come to the call.. coyotes keep their heads down when the big'uns are around...

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I was born this way.