bad experience with CDNN sports

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

bad experience with CDNN sports

Post by piller »

On December 12th I ordered a couple of Ruger brand 25 round magazines for the kids 10/22 rifles for Christmas. I called 3 times and was told that they had been shipped and to call back later to check due to the christmas mail slowdown. Today I called and found out that the items were shipped to someplace not even in my town. 3 small towns share the same zipcode, and the street address shipped to is not even close to what was listed on the ship to portion of the receipt. They are supposed to be sending it out again to the correct address, but their customer service on the first 3 calls was terrible. I am not going to ever use them again.

Update: After several calls, I finally talked to a Michelle Stewart in the shipping department. I have now received the magazines ordered. She was very helpful, and if I call and speak to her in any future ordering situation, I might consider another order from them.
Last edited by piller on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Senior Levergunner

Re: bad experience with CDNN sports

Post by 2571 »

Ever notice that their firearms, especially the great price guns, always seem to have a tiny flaw or two? Like a smudge in the stock finish or a wee-bitty, small scratch in the bluing? My FFL pointed it out to me and suggests they deal in blemished, but not quite second grade, merchandize.
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

I've always had good luck with CDNN. The last gun I bought, a Winchester "Miroku" short-rifle in .44 magnum was flawless and beautiful. I just bought a bunch of Desert Eagle mags and they were all new in factory packaging.

However, I did order a compact flashlight that was advertised to take CR123's but was actually CR2 instead. When I spoke to them about it they checked one they had in stock and sure enough, the manufacturer advertised it incorrectly. The sent me a pre-paid shipping label and told me they will issue full refund.

I do know that their employees are, or used to be "commission-based". I had a guy there that I always ordered from and he'd gotten to remember me, but now he's gone. Anyways, with that all said - I do not believe that CDNN deals in selling 2nd's. I do believe that they buy out remaining stock from other companies that are going out of business for some reason and any handling marks could be the result of extra shipping trips. I watch their deals and if I see something - I order it right away because their heavily discounted items sell fast. I bought a speed-feed stock for my riot gun and only paid about 30% of the going rate (no flaws either). Consider giving them another chance.
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well sorry to hear this. I've had good dealings with them in the past but never bought a firearm from them...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

I purchased a 9422 w/ case coloring and custom "tex00nn" serial number. It's a fantastic rifle.

I think they do a mix of everything... But the one experience I had was positive.

I've also made several phone inquiries that were satisfactory...

Regards... Chad
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I have never bought a firearm from them but I have bought quite a few grips for 1911s and S&W and Ruger revolvers plus several magazines for 1911s, and ARs, plus a few other odds and ends small parts; screws, springs and stuff.

I have only had good experiences with them, everything shipped promptly; I have always felt that I've more than gotten my money's worth from them.

I hope that my good experiences with them continue.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

2571 wrote:Ever notice that their firearms, especially the great price guns, always seem to have a tiny flaw or two? Like a smudge in the stock finish or a wee-bitty, small scratch in the bluing? My FFL pointed it out to me and suggests they deal in blemished, but not quite second grade, merchandize.
This is old news. Lots of their stuff is what others can't sell, i.e. over-runs and closeouts. Again, old news and if you know what to look for good news! I've been dealing with them a long time and never had a problem with them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hobie wrote:
2571 wrote:Ever notice that their firearms, especially the great price guns, always seem to have a tiny flaw or two? Like a smudge in the stock finish or a wee-bitty, small scratch in the bluing? My FFL pointed it out to me and suggests they deal in blemished, but not quite second grade, merchandize.
This is old news. Lots of their stuff is what others can't sell, i.e. over-runs and closeouts. Again, old news and if you know what to look for good news! I've been dealing with them a long time and never had a problem with them.
+1. I wouldn't let one bad experience keep me from participating in the good ones!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've been fortunate as well. I purchased a Colt/Umarex M16SPR from them a year+ ago, and it was just fantastic. Have since purchased additional magazines from them for it, as well as other items. Their prices are great, especially the sales, and the service has always been very good.
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I've been dealing with CDNN for many years, with nary a problem.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

This is somewhat surprising as I have ever in the last 10 years had a bad expirience with them. They evne have taken returns on defective items marked no return. I suppose everyone has a bad day sometime or the other.
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Warhawk wrote:I've been dealing with CDNN for many years, with nary a problem.
Ditto.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

We get 6 or 8 handguns a year from them to stock the display case in our shop and they always seem to go well with the local traffic . Not had any trouble with them to date !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !