Nope... You can't but those in Massachusetts...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Nope... You can't but those in Massachusetts...

Post by Old No7 »

< < < WARNING... RANT ALERT!!! > > >

OK, so I do live in Maine...

( Thanks be to God! )

Went into a gunshop in the People's Republik of Mass today with my best friend, where I knew I couldn't buy any firearms (without paying the shipping and transfer up to a Maine FLL), and I also knew that I could not buy any loaded ammo.

So I carried a box of bullets, or "heads" as the guy behind the counter called them, up to the counter.

Nope!!! I could not buy them without a Mass Permit!!!

Huh?!?! :shock:

Turns out, not only could I not buy those, they couldn't even sell me lead pellets or even -- get this -- plastic shotgun wads for reloading!!! :roll:

Not that I wanted the wads -- as I really wanted the bullets -- but the shop owner used those as an example of the extreme restrictions of Mass Gun Laws...

So my buddy says "Hey, no problem, I'll but them and you can pay me back later..."

Uh, ahem, sorry, but um, no can do to that! Once they knew I wanted the bullets, they wouldn't sell them to my friend either.

Oh yeah -- all of us in the shop all "felt much safer" by the way.

So since you can't buy "human shaped" silhouette targets in Mass either, I did the next best thing... I bought one of those "Zombie" targets that are getting popular. I think it was about the only thing I could legally buy there... (Gee, and it was printed on a plastic sheet too -- almost the same type as those "deadly" wads!)

Then we went over to my buddy's local range and posted it out at 15 yards, and wow -- it sure looked "almost human" to me at that range! It was really ugly though -- sorta like a Mass legislator! Which looked MUCH better when "ventilated"... :wink:

The guy behind the counter said as we were leaving... "You know, in many ways, it is even BETTER for gunowners in Kalifornina than it is in this state..."

I am SO GLAD I escaped from that state 20 years ago..................

< < < Rant Over > > >

Later, as I crossed the big green bridge in Kittery, this sign greeted me...

"Welcome to Maine. The way life should be."

Amen to that!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Nope... You can't but those in Massachusetts...

Post by JerryB »

At least you were legally able to travel back to your home without a travel permit. What a fine nation we have become!!!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

And just think, we might end up with a former Mass Governor as the GOP candidate. :roll:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yep remember Mit from Mass.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I feel better in CALIfornia. You know Straw purchases are Illegal.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

All of the individual bits that make up ammo are each classified as ammo.
Even fired .22 rimfire brass is ammo.
It is not supposed to make any sense. It is all what liberals see as "common sense gun laws."
And, yes Mitt approves of all this and more. A good part of this foolishness was passed while he was in office here. Massachusetts is a one party state with a solid two thirds Dem majority and there isn't a darn thing that can be done about it.

BTW, the gunshop was wrong about the targets. They can be used anywhere except at a "licensed club", of which there are none.

Jack
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

I'm missing Florida with every passing second.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Yall would truly love Alabama. You could almost count our gun laws on one hand.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

Jack is correct...it's not supposed to "make sense". It's not supposed to fight crime, "make children safe, or ANYTHING of the sort. It's supposed to make being a shooter so difficult that the sport/hobby we enjoy will GO AWAY of it's own accord in Mass., shrivel up and die.

Jack is incorrect however if he believes "there isn't a darn thing that can be done about it".

Massachusetts wasn't FOUNDED by sheep who willingly accepted tyranny. Things there will change when enough people are sufficiently unhappy with the current pathetic situation to get out and do whatever it takes to change it. I'm not just picking on Mass. here...( and certainly not Jack).This is the kind of stuff we will ALL get if we continue to feel obligated to "compromise" with those who have openly declared themselves to be our enemies.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Massachusetts wasn't FOUNDED by sheep who willingly accepted tyranny.
Nope, but its being ruined by them. And the fact that the GOP and republicans in general are willing to even consider Mitt as a candidate does not make the GOP or Republicans look very conservative at all.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

UGH!............I hate it here. If my wife could leave our grandkids, I'd be GONE!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jhrosier wrote:All of the individual bits that make up ammo are each classified as ammo.
Even fired .22 rimfire brass is ammo.
:shock: Amazing, but I don't doubt it at all, because, as you say...
jhrosier wrote:It is not supposed to make any sense. It is all what liberals see as "common sense gun laws."
The anti-gun people don't even think that deeply about it - they just want to 'get at' gun owners - same thing as when the LibTards who are in the middle-class want to 'get at' the rich people, regardless of the consequences.
Leverdude wrote:
Massachusetts wasn't FOUNDED by sheep who willingly accepted tyranny.
Nope, but its being ruined by them. And the fact that the GOP and republicans in general are willing to even consider Mitt as a candidate does not make the GOP or Republicans look very conservative at all.
Very true - we've supported the Republicans as 'the lesser of two evils' so long that the evil has only grown, rather than diminished.
guido4198 wrote:Massachusetts wasn't FOUNDED by sheep who willingly accepted tyranny. Things there will change when enough people are sufficiently unhappy with the current pathetic situation to get out and do whatever it takes to change it. I'm not just picking on Mass. here...( and certainly not Jack). This is the kind of stuff we will ALL get if we continue to feel obligated to "compromise" with those who have openly declared themselves to be our enemies.
Yep. Evidently we prefer to sit home and watch football, or spend our money on new toys, vs. spend the kind of time and money our nation's founders did (against far worse odds and opposition and threats than we have to deal with) to gain freedom.

Our national emblem needs to be changed from the eagle to a sheep. :(
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[OK, so I do live in Maine...Went into a gunshop in the People's Republik of Mass today ]

See dat ? ANOTHER furrin' agitater, comin' in, jes' lookin' fer trouble ! . :mrgreen: . :mrgreen:

Buzzard II
Levergunner

Post by Buzzard II »

Peoples Republik of Numb Jersey is no better than Mass. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Smokeless powder is just a passing fad.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Here in Texas it isn't bad. I can buy anything other than a firearm without being carded or any questions asked. Firearms require a Drivers License and a signature. Since we have a lot of land in private hands, we do have to pay to go hunting in most parts of the state. I can put up with that in order to have the other freedoms.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
1894c

Post by 1894c »

we need to "occupy" Mass... :[
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Massachusetts wouldn't allow us to occupy anything there because we would not stop traffic, would not assault others, would leave the place cleaner than we found it, and would get the proper permits. Nope, Occupy movements must frighten the sheeple into turning to the Government for help, and we would do the opposite. :shock: Here in Texas, we do have some weirdness, such as in Austin around the U.T. party and around 6th street, and some in Dallas, but, for the most part, we are pretty good about understanding that parts aren't the whole cartridge. In the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, I can go into any gun store which sells ammo and components and purchase what I can afford, no questions asked. Well, sometimes the clerk will strike up a conversation with you about what you are shooting or reloading just to be friendly, but not to be nosy. I have even had a few of them make suggestions which were helpful, though those were mostly in the dedicated gun stores. One gunrange, Alpine Range, near Mansfield, TX, even called one of the Powder Manufacturers to answer a question which their books couldn't. Very helpful, and they will special order what you need.
Heck, even 86er moved to Texas. Now if we can just get him to lose that Long Island accent a little faster... Anyway, if you have a difficulty with the restrictive laws where you are at, move here to Texas.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Gee I feel safer already....

I feel your pain.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

On your way back home Downeast, you had to feel some comfort when you crossed the sate line into our little refuge "Welcome to New Hampshire - Live Free or Die".
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Heck, you only need to move a few miles west into VT to get to the model of gun rights states VT. A couple Western states are catching up but the north east has the benefit of many thousands of acres of open land, both public & private. If its not posted you can hunt on it. Of course its nice to ask permission, but the concept of paying just to hunt Gods wild creatures on private land is foreign to me.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

RIP Teddy Kennedy
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Thank you, God, for giving me Wyoming for my home. :shock:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bridger wrote:Yall would truly love Alabama. You could almost count our gun laws on one hand.
Same with South Carolina. I can buy a long gun from any adjoining state, and most other states (purchased one in PA when I was there this summer). Purchased black powder in PA too - no sweat. Can purchase a black powder firearm and have it mailed to my door step. I love the south!