356 Win. sighted in today and almost wrecked the barrel.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

356 Win. sighted in today and almost wrecked the barrel.....

Post by afish4570 »

After sighting my 94AE 356, I decided to shoot up about 20 rds. of handloads from 2001 with Rem. primers.......I had one misfire (that I have not pulled to see if it has a powder charge). the primer had a good strike but did not go off. Next I had a squib load. I Ran a patch with solvent on it thru the bore and removed some black residue. Several round later I finished shooting and proceeded to run a wet patch down the bore to clean with still warm......Alas!!!A bullet was lodged just forward of the chamber. Worrying all the way home, I poured alittle Kroil down barrel and took a GI Steel cleaning rod and let the weight sliding down the barrel rap the stuck bullet out. Bullet was engraved with rifling and just stuck in front of chamber and plopped right out. My fear was that the next to last shot was stuck and I might have ringed the barrel....Doesn't seem so as I see no damage and won't know till I shoot it and check for accuracy......Looks like I lucked out. Shooting a full charge could have wrecked the gun and I might have gotten hurt....afish4570 :roll: :roll: :roll:
afish4570
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 356 Win. sighted in today and almost wrecked the barrel.....

Post by Tycer »

Glad you are OK! gun too!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Y'all be careful out there!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Someone was looking over your shoulder. Glad to hear you're okay and I hope your rifle is too.
Old Law Dawg
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

AF...levergunners are too valuable to lose. You just had a real close call. Glad that it was the last one. The rifle is rare, just like you. I ask that you pay more attention next time? Can't afford to lose you Pard, gotta watch out......always.

Best to you & yours....

LB
:|
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Glad you're OK. Hope your rifle is undamaged as well.

Dude, you should have throw those old loads in a bucket and pulled them all when you had a problem with the first one.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.