Video editing/DVD burning software

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Video editing/DVD burning software

Post by getitdone1 »

I have an cheap video editing program called Pixlea that came with my Cannon camcorder and looking for better software for editing my videos and burning DVDs.

I've spent about an hour reading reviews and my best guess at this time is Cyberlink Power Director 9. Around 69 dollars, I think.

What do some of you use and like for editing and burning videos?

Little unrelated but plan to get a few videos of my shooting on YouTube before too long. Wouldn't even think of competing with the likes of Hickok45. He does a super job.

Don
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Video editing/DVD burning software

Post by perry owens »

Windows Movie Maker for XP and Movie Maker Live for Win7 are free to download from Microsoft. They are pretty basic but will give you some feel for editing so you can determine what facilities you really need, according to how ambitious you want to be. The shooting videos on my YouTube channel (perryowens1) were editied with Movie Maker. They are not very polished but they get the point across.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."