Some humor: cattle having fun with remote car.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Some humor: cattle having fun with remote car.

Post by Topside »

I count myself lucky having grown up near Oviedo, FL where my dad had a small ranch. He kept about 60 head of cattle. My brothers and I were called on to make their lives sorrowful now and then branding, dehorning, castratin, worming'em. Had one big red Santa Getrudis bull. We would gather up oranges off the ground at a neighboring grove. We boys would sit in the back of the pickup, he'd come along side, and we'd cram an orange onto each of his horns. He'd scrape'em off, and we usually got sprayed with OJ as he crunched one in his front teeth.

My brother sent me this video this morning. Reminds me of how some of them were playful as pets. Had some fun times with those critters.
T.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-ST8nX ... ture=share
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Some humor: cattle having fun with remote car.

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Now thats pretty darn funny....
watching rawhide right now too!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

that was pretty neat. I had no idea.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Cows, not the smartest of critters, but sometimes very entertaining. Growing up around dairy cows, I learned they aren't near as slow moving as folks think, and patient. My, my are they patient. They will wait for an opening then take it. Oh, and they kick HARD.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Too funny.
Old Law Dawg
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Topside,

That has got to be the most enjoyable video we've watched in a long time.

Thanks for posting it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

I needed that....Thanks

Owen
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

:lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Topside, thought the video was cool! I have seen cows follow strange things, to them, all over a field before. They sure are nosey. Reminded me of the time when I drove to a friends farm to deer hunt. I was feeling a little lazy that morning, so instead of walking the near half mile distance from his house to the north end of his farm where I wanted to hunt, I opened the gate and drove my pickup about half way. I left it parked in the field and walked the rest of the way.
It had been snowing some a few days before so the roads were covered with salt, and yep, so was my truck! When I got tired of seeing no deer I walked back to my truck to find about 20 head of cows standing close to it. I also found that these cows had been licking the salt off my truck. :shock: My black truck did not look good with road salt on it anyways, but with lick marks all over it, and the mirrors turned sideways, it looked even worse!
I had to shoo the cows away to get inside! No damage was done fortunately, and later I thought it all was pretty funny.
Growing up on a farm I knew that cows can do some funny, and some very unfunny things, so I was cool with it.
I never parked in a pasture, or where cows were around, after that. :lol:
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

J Miller wrote:Topside,

That has got to be the most enjoyable video we've watched in a long time.

Thanks for posting it.

Joe
Glad you liked it Joe. I've enjoyed many of your posts!
T.
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

dennie wrote:Topside, thought the video was cool! I have seen cows follow strange things, to them, all over a field before. They sure are nosey. Reminded me of the time when I drove to a friends farm to deer hunt. I was feeling a little lazy that morning, so instead of walking the near half mile distance from his house to the north end of his farm where I wanted to hunt, I opened the gate and drove my pickup about half way. I left it parked in the field and walked the rest of the way.
It had been snowing some a few days before so the roads were covered with salt, and yep, so was my truck! When I got tired of seeing no deer I walked back to my truck to find about 20 head of cows standing close to it. I also found that these cows had been licking the salt off my truck. :shock: My black truck did not look good with road salt on it anyways, but with lick marks all over it, and the mirrors turned sideways, it looked even worse!
I had to shoo the cows away to get inside! No damage was done fortunately, and later I thought it all was pretty funny.
Growing up on a farm I knew that cows can do some funny, and some very unfunny things, so I was cool with it.
I never parked in a pasture, or where cows were around, after that. :lol:
Well Dennie that never happened to us since no snow (virtually as they say) in cent. FL, but we put out many a salt lick for'em.
T.
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Newtmaker »

Topside, that was great.
I have lived in Winter Springs for 22 years and have lots of friends in Oviedo, Chuluota, and Geneva. Some of them go back to the early 1900's when that area was nothing but celery fields and alligators. Great area to live even today!!

Walt
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

Newtmaker wrote:Topside, that was great.
I have lived in Winter Springs for 22 years and have lots of friends in Oviedo, Chuluota, and Geneva. Some of them go back to the early 1900's when that area was nothing but celery fields and alligators. Great area to live even today!!

Walt
Now you're talkin Walt. In the early 60's most of the growing was celery, water cress, sod and of course citrus. Our place was in an area called the black hammock. Our ranch bordered along the Sweetwater Canal. My dad would always let us stop at Bob Slavik's Sinclaire station in Oviedo on the way to the ranch. We'd get a Coke and a pack of crackers (nickel for each) and Mr. Slavik would offer us 10 or 12 empty Quaker State oil cans knowing we'd need some targets for the 22. When we'd arrive at the ranch, my dad would almost always say to watch out for rattlers and that some were big around as a tire and and could "break your leg" with an on target strike. He exaggerated a bit as he knew how to get a younguns attention. Hard to believe how many years have past since those good days! I've yammered enough. Nice hearing from you Walt.
T.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Reminds me of the Clint Eastwood move, The Dead Pool... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very enjoyable - except BHO's minion's putting their propaganda on the job's bill at the bottom! :evil:
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

:lol: Thats some good entertainment right there. East Central Floridia has changed a lot in the 30 years I have lived in Mims. A lot of the places I used to hunt are row after rowof houses now.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D