Model 94 Sight Hoods

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Model 94 Sight Hoods

Post by Swampman »

Are the older front sight hoods different?
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Model 94 Sight Hoods

Post by J Miller »

Yes, a bit. My post-64 hood won't fit properly on my pre-64 barrel. The difference is in the thickness of the two fingers on the hood that slide into the groves on the sight ramp.
Not sure if this is a vintage thing, or a tolerance thing.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

and maybe more?
PC010352.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I wish I could find a well used pre-'64 hood for the well used gun I found this weekend.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Swampman wrote:I wish I could find a well used pre-'64 hood for the well used gun I found this weekend.
Easy to do. They can be found on eBay or in your gunsmiths parts drawer. I like the 94 with a front sight hood, too.
brucear
Levergunner

Post by brucear »

I have a Model 94 made in 1997 does anyone have a Sight Hood that they would like to sale.

Bruce