OT Police shoot Gator in KC.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

OT Police shoot Gator in KC.

Post by TedH »

I won't be too critical since I didn't see the critter, but I'm just picturing Barney Fife out there with his one bullet. :lol:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... f6878.html

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. • Police responding to an alligator sighting in a suburban Kansas City pond took quick action to dispatch the big reptile.

It wasn't until after the second rifle shot bounced off the beast Sunday that the three Independence officers realized it was a concrete lawn ornament.

Independence police spokesman Tom Gentry says the department received a call from a man who said a gator had been spotted in the woods.

Gentry says the alligator was in the weeds near a tree by a pond and it looked real. An officer shot the gator twice in the head - per instructions from a conservation officer - before realizing it wasn't moving.

Gentry says the landowner told officers he put the fake gator there to keep children off his property.
NRA Life Member
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: OT Police shoot Gator in KC.

Post by Griff »

Oh there just isn't enough :lol: allowed for this one!
Image Image Image Image
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

To funny. :oops: :lol:
Old Law Dawg
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I'm reminded of a display the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept had sometime back. They set up a fake deer to catch poachers and got it on film. They had the deer on display and a monitor showing just how dumb the poachers could be.

Multiple shots (firearms and bows) didn't seem to faze it and at least one poacher ran out and knocked it over he was so frustrated...:lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Boys, I've been in the biz a looong time and it ain't very often you get this much stupid together in one place.
An officer shot the gator twice in the head - per instructions from a conservation officer - before realizing it wasn't moving.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This was in our local news the other day.. :roll:

Hampshire 'tiger sighting' causes major alert A stuffed toy animal led to a large-scale police operation in Hampshire and stopped play at the Rose Bowl cricket ground.

The alarm was first raised by a concerned member of the public who believed there was an escaped white tiger hiding in a field near Hedge End.

Officers were sent to the scene along with a helicopter and thermal imaging cameras, at about 1600 BST on Saturday.

When no body heat was detected police moved in and found a cuddly toy tiger.

A police spokeswoman said officers had responded as if it was a real incident, close to junction seven of the M27.

We sent some local officers and they confirmed they were looking at it and it was was looking at them”
End Quote
Hampshire police Contingency plans were even put in place to close the motorway, but that proved unnecessary.

Police enlisted the help from animal experts at nearby Marwell Zoo, who offered advice and were prepared to send a team with tranquiliser darts to overcome the tiger.

The Rose Bowl said a game between South Wiltshire and Hampshire Academy was stopped for about 20 minutes before they were given the all clear to continue.

Golfers at a nearby golf course were also told to go indoors.

A police spokeswoman said: "After a brief stalk through the Hedge End savannah, the officer realised the tiger was not moving and the air support using their cameras realised there was a lack of heat source.

"The tiger then rolled over in the down draft and it was at that point it became obvious it was a stuffed life-size toy.

"This incident will definitely be the highlight of our day. The CCTV footage convinced us all we were dealing with a real tiger.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Oh that is too good! :lol:
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

Really? These idjits carry guns? Makes you wonder where the ricochets ended up. :shock: There is no level of re-training available to address the issues these officers demonstrated. I wonder if they have the smarts to become meter maids. In the words of Barney Fife, "You've got to nip in the bud, nip it in the bud."
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Can you imagine the chagrin of their chief, having to deal with this story. Poor guy likely will not be able to show his face in public for a year or so! :lol:

As to the cops who did the shooting, their buddies will take care of them, they will never live it down, razzing will follow them for the rest of their careers, story will probably get told at their funerals!! :shock:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The conservation officer apparently got his degree from Disney Studios. Since the "beast" didn't respond to kind words or being poked with a stick he decided it was a "bad" animal.

It might turn at any second. Lightning speed. Totally unpredictable. Our first priority is to protect the children.

Another loud example of people out of touch with nature, and being frightened by shadows.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

Hey, that just got me thinkin’,
I’ve got some hard cast “Big Bores” and I pass by one of those lawn ornament stores on the way to the range….. :D
Levergunning & Handloading
Yeah, I roll my own pilgrim
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

That is just too sad for words(except: sad,sad,sad, I would have to turn in my badge). God Bless. :oops: :cry:
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!