Ammo delivery

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Ammo delivery

Post by Marlin32 »

Ordered some new Remington 338ME ammo from Midwest Hunters Outlet? Never dealt with them, but they had the ammo I wanted.

It was shipped FedEx and they wanted a signature. Well, no one home, we both work here, I requested that they contact FedEx and drop the signature requirement

But they wouldn't do that. First told me it was their policy, then next told me it was ILLEGAL to leave ammo, a hazardous material, without a signature. I called their bluff and said bull puckey, have ammo left here all the time.
No, they wouldn't to dig their heels in and be right. So I told them to cancel order, then they wanted a 15% fee for doing so, Well, that is going to happen. So I have now offered to into town to FedEx and pick up my package (which defeats the purpose of ordering and having it delivered) and then will send them a bill for mileage, I think the IRS says 52 cents right now for mileage.

In the time they have been argueing with me (three days) they could have already contacted FedEx and have had the package dropped here, but they instead wish to fight it.

Good luck getting a 15%fee, already called card company and told them not to accept any charges from them, period.

Already ordered from Able's ammo, so I don't care what they do with theirs.
Hobie

Re: Ammo delivery

Post by Hobie »

We talked about the signature requirements, the carriers and certain vendors the other day. We feel your pain...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Yep, I see signature required and that's it -- I'm done with that outfit.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

In the new age of no one willing to accept responsiblity for their actions, having to sign for ammo will become a norm if not a law. Many local and state laws already have a proof of age requirement for ammunition sales. I know when I ship ammo or firearms, I always require an adult signature. If the carrier decides to ignore that responsiblity/requirement, I will have a good defense. In addition, I have a way to track the shipment for when someone claims "it never came". I have "signature required" items shipped to my office if no one will be home. By the way, how many people would be willing to sign a "release of reliability" that would allow a business to leave the items on the porch?
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

I don't want anything left on my porch, I have all packages sent to my office.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Porch, porch? I ain't seen my porch in 5 years! :P Wife mows the front yard. I go in & out thru garage, tried to open the front door for pizza delivery a few years ago... stuck. Formal, we ain't!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BC in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BC in TN »

I had a package of ammo delivered this week from Cabelas. The carrier left it on the porch.
Cabelas delivered the ammo at a better price than I could buy it locally - and I had a $20.00 off coupon which made the shipping free.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Marlin32 wrote:
It was shipped FedEx and they wanted a signature. Well, no one home, we both work here, I requested that they contact FedEx and drop the signature requirement
FedEx should have left a door tag with a place for you to sign,then they can come back the next day and take the door tag with your signature and leave the package. I have them do it all the time.

On a side note, when you ordered you agreed to shipping, which is the venders choice if you do not specify, so they may try to collect from you via a collection agency.

I try to use UPS at all costs and always make the vender ship via UPS, unless its CMP which there is no other choice.

Good luck and hope it works out for you,
Steve
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I ordered two boxes of the same ammo a few weeks ago from Midwest. fed ex missed last Tues as i wasn't home from work yet,left a tag on the door. I called fedex Wensday morning and after about three min talking to the computer finally got a human.was told they didn't know when driver would "try again" on wensday as there is no way to contact Him. :o . probably in the afternoon. We had a few hours of Sun and I was trying to catch up on some yard work in front of the garage. the driver come flying down the drive and runs right over my 100' extension cord in the driveway. I thanked Him loudly for that :twisted: , signed for the ammo and won't order from these guys again.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I have stuff left with a signature all the time. If we're not home,
FedEx and UPS always leave a door tag. I always tell 'em to tuck
it in the garage if it's raining. No major problems yet, although one or
two knuckleheads have left things out in the rain. No damage, although
you'd figure not leaving brandy-new things out in the rain would just
be common sense, wouldn't ya?

-Stretch
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Finally got to a manager of customer services or something. He explained how they simply follow BATFE. NOT REGULATIONS mind you, but their "desires"

Meanwhile figuring I am SOL, so just as well try to get my ammo (although trust me, not done with the card company angle yet, we will see how Fed Ex goes)

Well, FedEx tells me there is no store in my area that will hold the package so that I can come and pick it up. So, now on their customer service email thread trying to figure how to get this package.

Emailed Midwest Hunters Outlet again, thanked the manager for explaining his reasoning, but that I would not do business with them again, and had I known and understood that they were cowtowing to the desires (not REGS) of the BATFE, I wouldn't have done business with them in first place. Second, I would do my best to spread the word to keep others like me from doing business with them for the same reasons.