OT Late for work

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stanforth
Levergunner 1.0

OT Late for work

Post by stanforth »

A gentleman had reached retiring age but was frustrated at sitting at home with nothing to do. He went to his local store and asked if there were any jobs stacking shelves. The boss said yes and the pay was reasonable. So the gent started working there.
After a few weeks he was 10 minutes late for work one morning.
The boss called him into his office and asked him what they would have said at his last job if he was late for work

He answered that they would have said ....'Good morning Admiral. Would you prefer tea or coffee.'
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Late for work

Post by Nath »

stanforth wrote:A gentleman had reached retiring age but was frustrated at sitting at home with nothing to do. He went to his local store and asked if there were any jobs stacking shelves. The boss said yes and the pay was reasonable. So the gent started working there.
After a few weeks he was 10 minutes late for work one morning.
The boss called him into his office and asked him what they would have said at his last job if he was late for work

He answered that they would have said ....'Good morning Admiral. Would you prefer tea or coffee.'
:lol: fire got damp quik and went out :lol:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

:D
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Better than:

A home mortage
A car note
A wife
and
A girlfriend

All three months late... :shock:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sad thing is, with this economy, you see things like this happening. People with vast amounts of talent and experience having to do jobs they were well beyond 20 years ago.

I hope to retire someday and then get my dream job - working in a gun store. May even pay for the priviledge! :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
I hope to retire someday and then get my dream job - working in a gun store. May even pay for the priviledge! :D
You and me both. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I hope to retire someday and then get my dream job - working in a gun store. May even pay for the priviledge! :D

I've worked in a couple gun shops a few years back as a weekend little extra cash type thing but in reality I spent more working there then I ever made !
But I enjoyed it then !

Now I'm between jobs (for about 2 years) and I kinda do internet sales for a gunsmith friend that sells retail also . Anyway I sit in the backroom tapping away on the PC posting stuff on GB most of the time . Anyway after awhile you get darn tired of listening to people on the phone or in person that cannot get the words out of their mouth to tell you what they want !

Now I know everybody likes to shot the s..t , but I can't type and listen to that at the same time without generally F'ing something up .

So watch what you wish for !
You may get it and then realize the error of your wants :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !