Montana makes a stand

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Montana makes a stand

Post by draperjojo »

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Montana makes a stand

Post by Rusty »

GOOD FOR HIM. I HOPE HE GETS RE ELECTED TILL HE'S TOO OLD TO WALK.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I hope Montana sticks with it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

"Brian Schweitzer for President!" :wink:

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

its a dog and pony show by the gov the state doesnt investigate any wolf problems while the wolves are listed only when they are delisted. Ive never heard of the feds defering to the state on wolf problems grizzlies yes in accidental shootings by home owners( I thought it was a black bear). I noticed the gov didnt offer to protect a rancher from the feds or pay the fine. danny
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

BigSky56 wrote: Ive never heard of the feds defering to the state on wolf problems . I noticed the gov didnt offer to protect a rancher from the feds or pay the fine. danny
No, I'm sure the feds won't defer to the state on this and shooting wolves is against federal law. But if the state won't enforce the "don't shoot" rule, and we know the feds are too busy attending meetings with each other to get out on the ground, I'd say them there wolves have become "fair game".

Does a feller need a hunting license to shoot obnoxious endangered species in Montana?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Don't get too excited, nobody has busted a cap yet.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
wavetrain75
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wavetrain75 »

Last edited by wavetrain75 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wavetrain75
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wavetrain75 »

Rusty wrote:GOOD FOR HIM. I HOPE HE GETS RE ELECTED TILL HE'S TOO OLD TO WALK.
Bogie35 wrote:"Brian Schweitzer for President!" :wink:

bogie
No, No, No. Schweitzer is a classic political opportunist. Soon as the prevailing winds change, so will he. Listen to the speech he made at the DNC in Denver.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I also noticed the remark about not being prosecuted by Montana game wardens. That sure leaves a guy swinging in the wind. The state says go for it but you're on you're own if the feds come a calling. SSS
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Bullard4075 wrote:Don't get too excited, nobody has busted a cap yet.
That would surprise me, Bullard. The modern politico seldom leads, but is really good about playing "catch-up" with his constituents.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Earl I believe SSS is the unwritten code of the west. The feds are rear end deep around here in vehicles and planes as they fly weather permitting tracking griz and wolves and dumping problem bears from the glacier park & yellowstone area and dumping problem wolves from all over, they also have the friends of the three toed newt and clan of the cave bear watching and investigating by talking and emailing to USFS personnel about any activity's that might be a lead. More that once Ive seen do gooders at trailheads looking at vehicles and lic plates. One of the things to remember is not reporting a shooting can be as bad as the shooting on a ESA animal and the statue of limitations goes back to 1973 ESAct. Whats the statue on treason 7 years ? In the last few years Ive seen several rewards for info in the local paper about wolves shot and left. danny
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Out of sight.......out of mind

Post by pricedo »

BigSky56 wrote:its a dog and pony show by the gov the state doesnt investigate any wolf problems while the wolves are listed only when they are delisted. Ive never heard of the feds defering to the state on wolf problems grizzlies yes in accidental shootings by home owners( I thought it was a black bear). I noticed the gov didnt offer to protect a rancher from the feds or pay the fine. danny
More hot air than substance in this PR stunt by the Governor. :roll:
Doubt if the feds will be rolling in the troops like back in the 50s at Little Rock, Arkansas over a few mangy wolves brought to the limelight by a "politicking" Governor.
Smart Montanans looking for a quiet solution aren't going to drive around with the dead wolves visible on the hoods of their pick ups.
A shot draws little attention in rural Montana & a dead wolf that's buried under a foot or two of dirt or gravel even less.
If Montanan farmers, ranchers, hunters have problem critters making a nuisance of themselves & damaging their livelihood they will take care of those critters efficiently & quietly & Uncle Sam will be none the wiser. :mrgreen:
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We need a LOT more of this kind of common sense, guts, and understanding of federalism. If more states told Washington where they could stick it, we wouldn't be in half the mess we are today.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

BigSky56 wrote:Earl I believe SSS is the unwritten code of the west. danny
A couple of months ago a buddy forwarded me an email from his son in Montana. Showed a typical "elk camp" pic -- wall tent, firewood stash, good batch of tracking snow-- but instead of elk carcass hung from pole there were about 13 wolf skins: some of those red-necked Montanans have been fighting back for a while now.

Hmmm... didn't realize how thick the feds might be in the Montana skies. Around here they spend all their time in the office going to meetings. Thanks for the info, Danny.
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pricedo »

earlmck wrote:
BigSky56 wrote:Earl I believe SSS is the unwritten code of the west. danny
A couple of months ago a buddy forwarded me an email from his son in Montana. Showed a typical "elk camp" pic -- wall tent, firewood stash, good batch of tracking snow-- but instead of elk carcass hung from pole there were about 13 wolf skins: some of those red-necked Montanans have been fighting back for a while now.

Hmmm... didn't realize how thick the feds might be in the Montana skies. Around here they spend all their time in the office going to meetings. Thanks for the info, Danny.
Unlike federal bureaucrats, ordinary hard working folk trying to make a living off the land don't have the luxury of sitting around air conditioned offices or rubbing shoulders at gala meetings with peers in custom tailored suits & Gucci loafers pulling down annual salaries of $100,000+ while packs of problem wolves destroy their livestock, wild game & livelihoods.
In this economy the resources these rampant wolves are decimating can mean food on the table or not for some.
As the quoted poster observed necessary business is being taken care of.
That's why John Browning designed guns with triggers........to take care of business.
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Out of sight.......out of mind

Post by vancelw »

pricedo wrote:
BigSky56 wrote:its a dog and pony show by the gov the state doesnt investigate any wolf problems while the wolves are listed only when they are delisted. Ive never heard of the feds defering to the state on wolf problems grizzlies yes in accidental shootings by home owners( I thought it was a black bear). I noticed the gov didnt offer to protect a rancher from the feds or pay the fine. danny
More hot air than substance in this PR stunt by the Governor. :roll:
Doubt if the feds will be rolling in the troops like back in the 50s at Little Rock, Arkansas over a few mangy wolves brought to the limelight by a "politicking" Governor.
Smart Montanans looking for a quiet solution aren't going to drive around with the dead wolves visible on the hoods of their pick ups.
A shot draws little attention in rural Montana & a dead wolf that's buried under a foot or two of dirt or gravel even less.
If Montanan farmers, ranchers, hunters have problem critters making a nuisance of themselves & damaging their livelihood they will take care of those critters efficiently & quietly & Uncle Sam will be none the wiser. :mrgreen:
Don't kid yourself. You'd be safer cooking a batch of meth and feeding it to daycare kids. Whatcha gonna do when they're following a certain wolf and all of a sudden, it's track stops moving right where you plugged it? CSI has nothing on all the tricks they'd pull to make you a poster child of backwards rednecks. The third S is there for a purpose.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
grass range
Levergunner 1.0

Post by grass range »

Actually the 3rd S has been dropped. Do not go near the animal to bury (Shovel) it. Get out of that location quickly
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

grass range wrote:Actually the 3rd S has been dropped. Do not go near the animal to bury (Shovel) it. Get out of that location quickly

The 3rd S doesn't stand for shovel...
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

S..............Shoot
S..............Shovel
S..............Shut-up

For those of short attention. :D :D
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
pricedo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pricedo »

Bullard4075 wrote:S..............Shoot
S..............Shovel
S..............Shut-up

For those of short attention. :D :D
Yup........I think he's got it ........the 3 S's.......that's the ticket. :mrgreen:

Fed Wildlife Officer: "What happened to all the wolves that used to be in these here woods?" :?:

5 rednecks drinking coffee around a fire pit: "WHAT WOLVES??" :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
NRA & GOA LIFE MEMBER