Way OT-First Goats

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Way OT-First Goats

Post by pwl44m »

These R My first Baby Goats this Spring.They were born some time this Morning. My Neighbor has had 5 so far. Now the Coyote season starts. Will have to be diligent about watching for Them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Way OT-First Goats

Post by Rusty »

Looks nice. Are they meat goats or milk goats?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I call them Brush Goats,They keep the trees trimmed Up and the Fire danger Down.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Nice animals!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Best of luck with the goats. I had and enjoyed them for many years. Neighbors dogs killed many of them, selecting the young as targets. I killed only one dog and never got paid for any of them. They are comical to watch and will provide many hours of entertainment.

TomF
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Don't mind watching them so long as they're someone else's. We had some goats when I was growing up and those buggers were always looking for a way out and they usually found one eventually.
Old Law Dawg
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
I have three goats here, as well as 2 sheep and a llama. The goats are just a riot. They are so much fun to have around. My goats and sheep are all the same age and were all bottle fed so they are my pets much like a dog or cat. (Have a few of them too!)

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

My neighbor has just got a free range egg unit going, just watch the fox's move in now :roll:

He has all ready been on the phone!

Nice goats :)

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

I bought a pigmy goat for my daughter when she was younger.I also had a real fiesty red
Queensland healer.Not a good mix, at least with that dog.That goat never had a chance.I
dont have that dog anymore,I just wish I had a place for another lil goat.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

Nice looking goats. You should take that crushed beer can out from there pen.
They might try eating it. :lol: They do like eating everything.
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

I can remember my Mom telling me a story about when she was young her Mom & Dad had some chickens, ducks, and a Billy goat that was rather mean. They used to keep Billy tied up in the yard but when he'd see the local kids cutting through my Grandma's yard, the goat would run after them (as far as the rope would let him) and would lift up his leg and try to pee on the kids. According to my Mom he could shoot it about 10-15 feet or so on a good day :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

We've got two pygmies. Atleast once or twice a month "Hello this is your neighbor, your goats are over here again" "Sorry, I'll be right over". Goats laugh at fences. I thought pygmies would be too small to jump. Well guess what, they don't need to jump. They are determined and will find a way. They come back home, but it still bothers the neighbors. Now I've got one on a long chain so I don't make an enemy of my neighbor (they don't like to be separated to the other one stays too).

I do like em a lot though. Ours are a lot like dogs. They come when you call, they know their names. They want to be petted. They fuss at you when you leave or go inside without giving them attention. They also LOVE poison ivy. They ate all of it on my property. Also cleared the fences of all the honey suckle. Then the chickens ate ALL of the million ticks that were here. My animals have served me well
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Cute! Y2K's lil' sister will like this picture! :D
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

nobearsyet wrote:I have a goat in the yard right now, she's a little nanny goat, no idea what breed, she's all black, and she eats everything before the horses have a chance to get at it. Neighbor gave her to me when they moved to California, I'm thinking about another one as she's currently real bloated and acting sick, think she might have ate something bad. Going ot the vet tommorrow.
Could be that She is about to have U some Little ones. Does She have an Udder?
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

I'm sure ya'll aren't surprised to read this from me. :lol: We have 30 pregnant meat breed does who will begin kidding in mid-March. Look to have anywhere from 45-60 kids hit the ground by mid-April. They are really cute little buggers and to see them playing with each other after about 3 weeks old is a real hoot. Goats are the best animals for an old feller like me to raise. Less work and far easier to handle than cattle, or (da**ed) horses.

Sold all my doeling kid crop from last year to other growers and look to do the same this year. Bucklings mostly get wethered and sold at a buying station at around 45-60#s. I do keep out 2-3 bucklings intact for sale as breeding stock. Get better $ for those. We love goats, and with proper fencing and gates don't find they get out and leave the place. 4"x4" sheep and goat wire fencing is the way to go.

Planning to fence in another 15 acres or so in the next year. Starting on 7 acres this spring. Will eventually have our herd at 75 to 90 adult breeding does. Not much more work in in 90 or 100 than there is in 50, ... yeah sure! :roll:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

@ Goat Guy, hope U have some nice weather in March for Kidding. We had 2 weeks of sunshine but now is raining. Will have to go out and check for new ones to make sure they r dry until they can get around. Mine have plenty of sheds and shelters they can get under but it seems they would rather have them under a tree. Good Luck with Yours.