POLITICS - NRA and we as gun owners need to back Huckabee

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dgr416
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS - NRA and we as gun owners need to back Huckabee

Post by dgr416 »

Mike Huckabee took the Southy.He said I am the only one who fully backs the 2nd amendment.We need to get behind him or loose out forever.The rest of the canidates are worse and will take our rights away forever.This election is one of the most important ever.If you think Bill clinton was bad just wait for hiliary.Obohama will disarm the good people and reward crooks.Its time to take your stand of give up your guns.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Of the folks still in the race, I think I'd rate them, worse to best:

Hillary
Obama
McCain
Romney
Huckabee
Paul

Again, with Paul being the best. Problem with Huckabee is he is just as big of a "big government" fan as the "compassionate conservative" Bush is. We need a limited-goverment Constitutionalist in the race - someone who is disciplined enough not to chuck the Constitution overboard for political expediency - and the only person in that group is Paul. However, Paul's promise to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq and our other fronts with Islamofascism, no matter how Constitutionally-based, is just burying one's head in the sand and an open invitation for the jihadists to regroup and rearm, and attack us again - worse than 9/11.

At this point I'm just hoping it's not Hillary. Everyone else is just a lesser evil to one degree or another... :(
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Paul's promise to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq and our other fronts with Islamofascism, no matter how Constitutionally-based, is just burying one's head in the sand and an open invitation for the jihadists to regroup and rearm, and attack us again - worse than 9/11.
Why is that?
I mean honestly, theres countries out there that see dozens of attacks a year. We have seen only one, but it was a whopper. Anyway, my point is if after what, 6 years the danger is still omni present & imminent that the boogey mans coming than what exactly has been acomplished & why should an intelligent person believe 6 more years would matter?

I certainly dont want to see an increase in terrorism but I dont buy into the hyperbole either. Islamo fascism isn't going anywhere, its how they want to live plain & simple & we dont have a responsibilty to try & change that. Besides the fact the Iraq war has nothing to do with terrorism & is sucking us dry. We worry about the economy & such while ignoreing a few billion a week thats spent with zero return for America. Of course a select few are making millions rebuilding what we are spending billions to destroy. While our defecit goes thru the roof.

I kinda look at it like a bees nest. You either kill it or leave it alone. You never just shove your hand in & try to kill select bees & if you did you wouldn't leave it there for years & years.

Anyway, I think it would be a great thing for our country to dump Iraq & get on with chaseing terrorists where they breed. Places like Saudi Arabia that we dare not touch. Lacking that we should just come home.

In my mind voteing Huckabee isn't making a stand, its settleing for the least bitter big Govt non conservative because everyone says Pauls out.
Voteing for Paul is making a stand. We need change, real, signifigant change & he seems to be the only one willing to talk about it in a serious way.

No surprises but McCain won in CT.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I feel that Billary and Obama will actively go after our guns. I don't feel that McCain will.

I think Romney is compromised, Governor of Mass.? That liberal Bastion and he served as a Republican?? About like the Republican(?) Gulianai. Plus I'm not a fan of LDS. Although my best friend is one. We just agreed a long time ago not to discuss religion.

Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. Pastor Huckabee might have.

If given a chance I'll vote for Huckabee but I'll be ok with McCain.

ABHoO

All of the above is just my 2 cents.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

We here in WV fully showed our support of Huckabee yesterday. He won big here! :D
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Leverdude wrote:
Paul's promise to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq and our other fronts with Islamofascism, no matter how Constitutionally-based, is just burying one's head in the sand and an open invitation for the jihadists to regroup and rearm, and attack us again - worse than 9/11.
Why is that?
I mean honestly, theres countries out there that see dozens of attacks a year. We have seen only one, but it was a whopper. Anyway, my point is if after what, 6 years the danger is still omni present & imminent that the boogey mans coming than what exactly has been acomplished & why should an intelligent person believe 6 more years would matter?

I certainly dont want to see an increase in terrorism but I dont buy into the hyperbole either. Islamo fascism isn't going anywhere, its how they want to live plain & simple & we dont have a responsibilty to try & change that. Besides the fact the Iraq war has nothing to do with terrorism & is sucking us dry. We worry about the economy & such while ignoreing a few billion a week thats spent with zero return for America. Of course a select few are making millions rebuilding what we are spending billions to destroy. While our defecit goes thru the roof.

I kinda look at it like a bees nest. You either kill it or leave it alone. You never just shove your hand in & try to kill select bees & if you did you wouldn't leave it there for years & years.

Anyway, I think it would be a great thing for our country to dump Iraq & get on with chaseing terrorists where they breed. Places like Saudi Arabia that we dare not touch. Lacking that we should just come home.

In my mind voteing Huckabee isn't making a stand, its settleing for the least bitter big Govt non conservative because everyone says Pauls out.
Voteing for Paul is making a stand. We need change, real, signifigant change & he seems to be the only one willing to talk about it in a serious way.

No surprises but McCain won in CT.
Wow. A fellow New England moderate. I thought I was the only one.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Of the folks still in the race, I think I'd rate them, worse to best:

Hillary
Obama
McCain
Romney
Huckabee
Paul

Again, with Paul being the best. Problem with Huckabee is he is just as big of a "big government" fan as the "compassionate conservative" Bush is. We need a limited-goverment Constitutionalist in the race - someone who is disciplined enough not to chuck the Constitution overboard for political expediency - and the only person in that group is Paul. However, Paul's promise to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq and our other fronts with Islamofascism, no matter how Constitutionally-based, is just burying one's head in the sand and an open invitation for the jihadists to regroup and rearm, and attack us again - worse than 9/11.

At this point I'm just hoping it's not Hillary. Everyone else is just a lesser evil to one degree or another... :(

I'd like to see this done again, but with electability against the Dems as the ranking criterion.
Can Huckabee win against Obama? No.
Can Huckabee win against Hillary? Again, no.
Can Romney win? I think yes.
McCain? Yes again.
Ron Paul? No way.

I don't see much difference between the Dems and McCain, but after last night he seems to be the Republican's guy, and he can win the presidency. Yes, he'll nominate more conservative SCOTUS candidates than the Dems but that's about the only difference (although a biggie.) My big frustration is that we conservatives have a candidate who is the lesser of two evils YET AGAIN. I'm going to end up voting AGAINST the Dems rather than FOR my guy. I'm getting really tired of it.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mac45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mac45 »

OK, I want to be clear on this.
You're saying it would be better to have Hillary or Obama, than McCain?
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That's truly warped and twisted thinking, Sir....... Be proud that you're helping grease the skids to hell for us..... :? That's the exact reasoning that got us 8 years of Clinton; and you want 4 or 8 years more of it?
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Idahoser wrote:
BlaineG wrote:That's truly warped and twisted thinking, Sir....... Be proud that you're helping grease the skids to hell for us..... :? That's the exact reasoning that got us 8 years of Clinton; and you want 4 or 8 years more of it?
I better leave it at that, I don't want to be banned from the leverguns. Politics is as bad as religion as a subject among friends, and I'd like to keep you as a friend.

I can't trust myself to comment at all on your statement, so I just won't.
I'll always be on your side..... Don't take it personal, I sure don't.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

The reason we keep getting crappy Republican candidates is that we Republicans keep voting AGAINST the Dem candidate. The only reason McCain is the front-runner is because so many Republicans believe the lie that he is the only one that can beat Hillary or Obama. If we would follow the conservative ideals we supposedly believe, we would be sending conservatives to Washington. We haven't had a true conservative candidate for Prez since Reagan.

I, for one, won't play that game anymore. I will vote my conscience. McCain as President with a Democrat-controlled House and Senate will be no different than Obama or Hillary in the White House. He won't veto anything of significance that comes his way. His voting record is proof enough.

Also, don't be so sure we see the end of the Iraq War if we get Obama or Hillary. There is too much money to be made by the politicians for a pull-out. All their opposition to it has been carefully crafted as a way to demonize Bush and the Republicans. If they get full power of the Executive and Legislative branches, they'll change their tune and say the people want us to finish right in Iraq. Remember, Halliburton, the banks, and all the rest of the industrial/military/financial complex have Democrat shareholders, CEOs, and board members, too.
.........THE TWINS..........

cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

BlaineG wrote:That's truly warped and twisted thinking, Sir....... Be proud that you're helping grease the skids to hell for us..... :? That's the exact reasoning that got us 8 years of Clinton; and you want 4 or 8 years more of it?

The reason we got 8 years of Clinton was that nominated George Bush and Bob Dole for president. Had a true Reagan Republican been running against Billy Boy, he would have lost.

mac45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mac45 »

Thanks, just wanted to be sure I didn't misunderstand.
I don't agree, (as you may have guessed), but that's OK.
This is America, we don't have to agree.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

cubrock wrote:

The reason we got 8 years of Clinton was that nominated George Bush and Bob Dole for president. Had a true Reagan Republican been running against Billy Boy, he would have lost.
In both elections, Bill won with less than 50% of the popular vote..way less.....We cut our own throat by splitting the vote. I totally agree that we could have had better men running, but in the end Republicians chose to vote for themselves rather than support the party.... We can only hope and pray that there will be enough Green Party and other Commies splitting the vote against the Demorat.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

BlaineG wrote:
cubrock wrote:

In both elections, Bill won with less than 50% of the popular vote..way less.....We cut our own throat by splitting the vote. I totally agree that we could have had better men running, but in the end Republicians chose to vote for themselves rather than support the party.... We can only hope and pray that there will be enough Green Party and other Commies splitting the vote against the Demorat.

Imagine that - people voting for themselves. Isn't that what voting is about? I'll be hanged if I'll let the Republican Party dictate who I vote for. Had we had good candidates in 1992 and 1996, the vote wouldn't have been split to begin with. I applaud people who vote their convictions, even when they know the cost is great. That is what convictions are for.

Also, the popular vote numbers are somewhat misleading. A lot of people voted for Ross Perot that wouldn't have voted had he not been running. Same thing happened with Ralph Nader. The votes in both cases were a lot less split than people think.

I'll put a smilie in here so you know it isn't personal and I still like ya, Blaine. I just don't agree with you on this. :D
Last edited by cubrock on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I won't argue the points brought up so far. One isuue I have with the current political process is that as an Indiana resident, I won't get to vote in the primary until May 6th. The rest of the country will already have selected the candidates from both parties.
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

MikeS. wrote:

I think Romney is compromised, Governor of Mass.? That liberal Bastion and he served as a Republican?? About like the Republican(?) Gulianai. Plus I'm not a fan of LDS. Although my best friend is one. We just agreed a long time ago not to discuss religion.
I'll just gently point out that John Moses Browning who invented the levergun and semiautomatic pistol was an active Mormon who even went on missionary work. There might not be a Leverguns.com forum as we know it if it wasn't for the genius of Browning.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Politics benefit from lots of fresh air and sunshine......let 'er fly.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

nemhed wrote:I won't argue the points brought up so far. One isuue I have with the current political process is that as an Indiana resident, I won't get to vote in the primary until May 6th. The rest of the country will already have selected the candidates from both parties.

NC is the same way.

Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Of the folks still in the race, I think I'd rate them, worse to best:

Hillary
Obama
McCain
Romney
Huckabee
Paul

However, Paul's promise to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq and our other fronts with Islamofascism, no matter how Constitutionally-based, is just burying one's head in the sand and an open invitation for the jihadists to regroup and rearm, and attack us again - worse than 9/11.
Sometimes I get thinking I am in the minority since I for one am not ready to surrender. And make no bones about it, withdrawing is surrender. I have a nephew in Afghanistan and 2 friends and 3 former students in Iraq. To a man they all say the same thing, let them continue on offense and we'll win. Elect Hillary or Obama and we surrender.

I'm voting for 'The Huck'. For ME the 2nd Amendment comes before anything else.

Jeff
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
However, Paul's promise to immediately withdraw our troops from Iraq and our other fronts with Islamofascism, no matter how Constitutionally-based, is just burying one's head in the sand and an open invitation for the jihadists to regroup and rearm, and attack us again - worse than 9/11.
Not directed at Ysabel but addressing the hiding head in sand/Jihadist notion.

It is a matter of Constitution and strategy. 3948 service men and women dead, 32,773 wounded and $492,075,000,000.00. (last count and estimate).

What is the ratio to the perpatraters of 9-11? Were there 15-20 hijackers? Get out of their backyard (American interests-cheap oil) here's the enemies gripe http://www.history.navy.mil/library/onl ... .htm#intro Just like if I was to move on to your property, invited by you maybe, but not your wife. How do you think your wife would feel?

The current strategy dictates we keep invading/occupying ALL of middle east and elsewhere. Terrorism is a TACTIC, it should be fought as such. http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Garden/5213/marque2.htm
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/901 ... terrorism/

Know the enemy, or buy into the fear/hype "they hate us because of our freedom".

Realize the current strategy also promotes a New World Order, not good if we want to keep our guns. Our service men and womens ranks may decline, but there are always thirdworld people/mercs looking to better their lives with a check from Blackwater, KB&R or other "security" contractors. And who pays for that? You and I because of unfounded fear. And most importantly, our soldiers and their family. It's not surrender, it's not hiding, it's strategy.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

The hard truth is the average American voter is not a hard core Conservative. Another hard truth is gun rights is not in the top tier of issues for the average American voter.

Huckabee for all his appeal to gun rights folks, doesn't have a wide appeal to the avereage American voter.

The good news is that the 2nd. Ammendment has survived as bad or worse Adminstrations than will take power in 2009.

The gun rights folks are not strong enough to elect a president based on that one issue. They are strong enough to tip the balance if the match up is close. The gun rights folks are also strong enough to keep Congress listening and off balance.
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

bunklocoempire wrote: Not directed at Ysabel but addressing the hiding head in sand/Jihadist notion.

It is a matter of Constitution and strategy. 3948 service men and women dead, 32,773 wounded and $492,075,000,000.00. (last count and estimate).

Bunkloco
I make it a point to not argue politics, but this will be the 3rd and last time this year I touch it.

We have an enemy that wants us dead, I think we all recognize that. Most of us :wink: Being part of a Military family I am very aware of our servicemen and women that have and will be lost. In wartime OR peacetime. But, take our dead and multiply it by 1000, take the dollars and add 1000 zeros. That is what we would be looking at at home if a WMD goes off in an American city. Maybe more than that.

Nearly all Americans are much like my wife when she was pregnant with or first child. While she was pregnant she was all smiles and fully behind the whole pregnancy idea. But as soon as things got tough (actual childbirth!) she hated it and said she wanted to be done and would never do it again. But as soon as the pain went away she forgot about it and was ready to have another :shock: :lol: It is the exact same thing with nearly all Americans. As long as things are going good (like the invasion) they are behind it and ready to fight the good fight. But as soon as things get tough (actual childbirth) they want to quit and will do ANYTHING they can to get out of it. Then give them another 30 years and they are willing to try war again to protect peace. That is my over simplistic way of thinking.

I reckon if we are going to surrender we (I) should DEMAND that we send our President and heads of Congress to formally surrender. That way, Americans can learn what happens when we surrender.

I guess I should be off to buy a prayer rug and beat the rush........................... :cry:

Jeff
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Jeff Pitts wrote:
I reckon if we are going to surrender we (I) should DEMAND that we send our President and heads of Congress to formally surrender. That way, Americans can learn what happens when we surrender.
Jeff I'm not talking about surrender, I'm talking about strategy. I was all for stompin terrorists, I still am. Explain this current strategy to me, and where does this thing end? It doesn't, Iraq, Afghanistan, talk of Iran, and now Pakistan, where were the original 9-11 hijackers from? Most were from Saudi Arabia. You call it surrender to rethink strategy. Have you read the reasons Binny gave for the attacks? Did you understand my crappy analogy?

Bunkloco wrote:
Just like if I was to move on to your property, invited by you maybe, but not your wife. How do you think your wife would feel?
Think on it, get some beer I'll be movin' into your place next week. :lol: It aint surrender it's strategy.

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Ho HO...

There's always going to be another boogeyman.

Have you noticed people these days sit around watching the news in fear after their day making rich peole richer? Sure, they may go out and consume some goods, but for the most part, the majority of Americans hides and ignores what's really going on. Cable, Satellite, Tivo.

Nobody thinks or goes out anymore, they all find endless distraction in the Idiot Box, that carnival of endless entertainment and distraction. Networks owned by mega corporations stream a constant barrage of crime, hate and fear; it's no wonder most people believe in whatever boogeyman is being paraded around to instill fear. Who needs to think when some suited talking heads and experts can do it for you? I mean, aren't we at war? Fighting "terror"? Shouldn't we be afraid?!?

Well, the people who pull the strings are afraid, too.

Afraid that the masses will one day think again for themselves. Govern themselves. Save money for themselves. Choose for themselves.
Be themselves. Creat a decent future for themselves instead of spending on credit and going nowhere.

I'm tired as heck of the banking cartels lending money to the US gov't, and controlling inflation and national debt. Tired of the manufactured depressions, recessions and inflations for the benefit of a few.
I'm tired of the puppet shows, the bogus debates, and the rhetoric.

I'm tired of the distractions and static. It's confusing for a reason.

They distract us because they don't want us to see what they REALLY do to us, how we are in bondage from cradle to the grave. How we power their vast machine like slaves. How we send sons and daughters to die for their profit, while waving pariotism in our faces. It's BS. They make money on all of it, Germans, Russians, Muslims, you name it, and the international banks fund all of it. The worst, most morose aspect of this whole debacle is that we as a people clamour for this. We WANT it. We're afraid of cavemen in Afghanistan they can never seem to find and Madmen and Mullahs in Iran. To hell with all of them. What's wrong with not policing the entire world like Captain Planet?

The things I like: get rid of the federal Reserve, lose the IRS and the federal income tax, return to the gold standard, and start saving money.
Return to the Constitution. Encourage self-reliance, as the founding fathers and pioneers did. Encourage peace and prosperity instead of endless suffering and fear. Get rid of the public educaton system with it's tricks and traps and endless dumbing down of our kids; our futures.
They only serve to train the masses to work for 40 hours a week under supervision anyway.
The pelosi is weak, gentlemen...

All of it.

Did you know Ron Paul wants to go back to the gold standard? Did you know he supports the Constitution? Did you know he introduced a bill to eliminate the Federal Reserve once? Did you know he wants to abort the IRS, and an unconstitutional tax system designed to pay interest on the money printed for inflationary spending to fund wars and welfare? Were you aware Ron is doing much better than the talking heads and experts tell you?

Count the signs you see as you drive around.

I see as many Ron Paul signs as Huckabee, and McCain...
Check the straw polls.

Got to youtube and do a search on him and whatever issue you can think of.

He's got his stuff together, and set a record fundraisng this year by raisning the most ever in a day.
Sadly, though not surprising considering the Fear factor and the "Oh, he can't win" snowjob, I was among the 2.9% in GA that voted for him yesterday.

At least he was on the ticket... My friend in MA wasn't able to vote for him at all, which is why the electoral college is a farce. It is abused beyond recognition by both major parties, and used to limit any option for change.

At least I feel good about my candidate, and am truly voting FOR him.

And I am unanimous in this.

:)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Steve -

I agree with you that I'm sick of voting against candidates, versus for someone. However, think of it this way. Would you carry a knife to a gun fight? Sure, a knife would be better than nothing, but if you knew you'd be in a gunfight, you'd take a gun (probably one of those beau-ti-ful revolvers! :D ).

Where am I going with this? The Dem's always carry a gun to the gunfight, figuratively. They vote in block - with rare defections. This is how they won the Clinton elections. In a way too, this is how Bush won the election against Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2008 - Nader took just enough of the undisciplined Dem's to give Bush the election.

Republicans, on the other hand, are harsher on their judgements and expectations of fidelity to conservatism, and either lodge protest votes (usually for the Libertarian) or sit elections out. That doesn't teach the party anything. It does elect Democrats.

With several members of the SCOTUS in their 70's (and Stevens in his 80's), I just can't bear Hillary as the President. This is why I have said I'd vote for the devil himself to beat her. McCain does stand an excellent chance of beating her or Obama - because he'll drag in a lot of moderates and independents, some Dem's dissatisfied with Hillary, and some bigotted Dem's. This may offset the true conservatives that sit out. It may not. As much as I want to teach the GOP a lesson, having Hillary or Obama in the White House is just too harsh a penalty for all of the country to have to pay.

Here is a great article with much the same sentiment:

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/Burt ... _the_party

My bet is McCain picks Huckabee as his running mate. This brings in the southeast, which he needs. It balances the ticket. Huckabee is staying in to help McCain against Romney with the hope of the VP pick.

A McCain/Huckabee ticket is a nightmare for true Constitutional, limited-government conservatives - but still better than a Clinton/Edwards, Obama/Edwards, or more likely, a Clinton/Richardson or Obama/Richardson ticket.
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

"By the pricking of my thumbs........." :roll:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
dgr416
Levergunner 2.0

NRa and us should stick behind Huckabee

Post by dgr416 »

I think if we elect Mccain we will loose unless he runs with Huckabee .Hes too old dang even my dad whos 68 says so.Huckabee said the other night I am the only one that sticks by the 2nd amendment.Clinton or worse obama are going to disarm us and let the criminals in our jails free.Rember three strikes and midnight basket ball and gun buy backs.It kills me they reward them to dsteal your guns.They should arrest them on the spot if they are stolen which 99% are.This is our chance to save our butts before its too late.I might support a mcain Huckabee ticket if mcain gets out in 6 months or less .Have any of you seen the movie about the mormons out west.They were arming the Indians to attack the settlers .They tricked the settlers into disarming themselves then they killed them.Yeah romney just quit the race.Ok get your heads together folks.If we loose our rights its gone forever.Huckabee will help us gun owners, hes the only one that will.I do like Ron Pauls ideas but on independent has never won.The press does not like Huckabee because he is for conserative values and the 2nd amendment.
Billy Boy
Levergunner 1.0

Hey Cubrock!

Post by Billy Boy »

Excuse me Cubrock!
Kindly do not refer to Slick Willy as Billy Boy!
I'm sure no harm to moi was intended; but really dude!
Anyway, I heard one of the political analysts on CNN the other night stating that even Ronald Reagan wasn't "Ronald Reagan" until he became Ronald Reagan! I assume they meant he was not the uber-conservative he became when he was just governor of Cali!
Alot has been said against McCain. Who else do you feel could walk righ tinto the position of "Commander in Chief" right outta the gate?
Not the good reverend or the guy who dropped out this afternoon either!
Heck, Hillary's warchest is so bereft of funds that she hadda write a check for $5M this week to cover expenses. The only thing that scares me about her is what she would do IF she became president. I work with alot of (for lack of a better word) "lower-class" democrat-hangers-on. People who are just looking for a free hand out at the rest of our combined expenses. All I keep hearing from these uneducated masses is "Obama will make changes that will make my life better!" They don't know how he'll go about doing that anymore than he does. But, they like the idea; so that's who they'll vote for!
Very scary stuff this poitics! No?
BB

:wink:
You can get alot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone!
Al Capone