45 colt load ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

45 colt load ?

Post by ollogger »

45 colt load

has anyone tried pacos RL 7 loads in 45 rifle ? ive burnt 2 lbs of it in my rossi with good results. ive not gone to max nor do i want to . im shotting 255 cast lee boolit . im 1 gr over his starting load of 25 gr, he used a 260 keith .

ollogger
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: 45 colt load ?

Post by Griff »

I haven't; only the "one-true powder", Red-Dot, Unique & 700X.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Have not used Rl7 but have 4198 with good results, and can tell you 4064 :shock: works but not well.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I didn't try RL7 in the 45 Colt case, but in the 454 Casull case 33 grains with the 300gr. Hornady XTP was mucho compressed and gave only 1600 fps. (20" bbl Rossi 454) That is about 400 fps under what you get with other powders such as H110, H4227, or Lil' gun in the 454 case, which is about .1" longer than the 45 Colt. I didn't try them for accuracy, was just seeing what I could get velocity-wise. Pressures mild (for a 454, anyway).
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry