Unexpected Gun Show Find...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Stump Buster
Levergunner 1.0

Unexpected Gun Show Find...

Post by Stump Buster »

(As my old FTO used to say) "Here's the story"....my neighbor is my FFL dealer (read: enabler) and I've been REALLY good lately about downsizing the collection and streamlining my cartridges so I can shoot more and collect less. Well he KNOWS I'm addicted to leverguns and the .45Colt cartridge. So I guess at the last show my dealer attended a few months ago, someone asked if he'd take a Rossi 92 in trade for a Henry .22lr he had on the table. My "Buddy" said maybe, let's see it. The guy told him the rifle was at home and he'd have to bring it to the next show. Fast forward to today. The guy shows up at our local show with the Rossi and my dealer asks what caliber it was in....yep, you guessed it 45Colt!!! So in walks I a short while later just to poke around and say "Hi" to a few folks (I haven't been to the local show for a while due to work schedule conflicts). My "Enabler" sees me and just smiles that dirty rotten smile he smiles when he knows I'm going to be suckered into something he has on the table. As I get to his table, he pulls a levergun off the table and hides it down near the floor at his feet (Smiling all the time of course). Well, I should have told him to just leave it there, but instead tapped my finger on the table top and he pulled out the Rossi. The first thing I looked for was the silly little safety placed on the rear of the bolt....NOT THERE...Never Was... a Pre-Safety 92 replica!!! Next I take a look at the bore...PERFECT!!! He tell's me the original owner never shot it...just sat in his safe. How the heck do I not hand over the cash???? This is how....I just happened to drop off a used NM Blackhawk in 357Mag to him on Friday to see if he could sell it for me for EXACTLY what he wanted for the Rossi....$350.00! I ask, "Trade???"... He says, "DONE!!!!" He put the little rifle back under the table and just LAUGHED at me!!! Worse yet....My 70yo father was with me and witnessed the whole thing. He just stood there, shaking his head and LAUGHING at me too. Oh well.....I'm happy as I've never had a 92 and always wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I may have the last laugh after all!!! :)

Now...where's that Nate K. Jones fella's phone number?!?!?! :?

PS - I'll post up some pics when I can finally bail it out of KA gun jail. :oops:
Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, live like you ain't afraid to die and don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "The Ride" performed by the very much missed, Chris LeDoux.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Unexpected Gun Show Find...

Post by pwl44m »

What's Your call on that Stumpbuster - Luck or Fate ? Where was this Show ? Sac maybe.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Stump Buster
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Stump Buster »

pwl44m,

Probably a little of both!!! :wink:

This little show was in Lakeport.

Stump
Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, live like you ain't afraid to die and don't be scared, just enjoy the ride. "The Ride" performed by the very much missed, Chris LeDoux.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sounds like you did the only thing any upstanding levergunner could do. I just don't see what other form of action was plausable under those conditions. :D And, I'd of told my Dad it was his fault because he raised me to be like that, so quit shaking your head. :D Yep, sure would of.
Old Law Dawg
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

So essentially you swapped a New Model Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Magnum for a pre-safety Rossi leveraction '92 in .45 Colt.

Sounds like a heck of a good deal to me!!! 8)