Chicom 1887??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Chicom 1887??

Post by Nath »

I know lots of you don't touch Chinese products n' all and I know the Norinco 1887 has been discussed before but I am tempted over one not far from home.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/101124125117700

If anyone has one, how's it doing? Any advise?

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chicom 1887??

Post by Rube Burrows »

I just got one last week and shot it this weekend. I really like it. Only problem I had was that the 100 round box of Winchester ammo I bought for it had the alum. rim on it and every now and then it would swell and I would have to take a cleaning rod and tap it out throuth the barrel. I first thought it was the gun not wanting to cycle.....and was bummed out. Then I realized that it was the ammo. I put some with the brass on it and the gun functioned great. You really have to man handle the action but I think after Christmas I will send it off and get the action slicked up.

The cool factor of this gun is nice, The overall look is great. I love it. Glad I bought it and will be picking up an original Winchester when I find the right deal.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks Rube. I will ponder some on it :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ter
Levergunner

Post by Ter »

I've had mine for 2 trouble free years. As Rube Burrows said, stay away from the aluminum base shells.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have one. No, it is not an original Winchester by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a good representation - and one heck of a lot less expensive! I haven't had any problems with it other than it kicking like a po'd mule - but that would be the same with an original too! :D
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I have one. No, it is not an original Winchester by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a good representation - and one heck of a lot less expensive! I haven't had any problems with it other than it kicking like a po'd mule - but that would be the same with an original too! :D
Yeah, the gun does shoot hard. My nine year old can hit shotgun shells out of the air with it though so it cant be all that stout.

I like the Chippa version with the color case hardened receiver and two load system but at 1200.00 ......well.....I like my Norinco pretty well.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

IIRC NKJ wrote some about these and the potential problems they could have. It wasn't all bad.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

I have one its a blast! Love the short overall length, 7 round capacity, and lightweight. Hate to buy from china too :cry: . Try to find products made here, its tough. The US arms manufactorers quit making the guns i like, so i have little choice but to buy overseas :evil: But, it wasn't me who put in the tax incentives to offshore America. :twisted: :x
Gary7
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gary7 »

tman wrote:I have one its a blast! Love the short overall length, 7 round capacity, and lightweight. Hate to buy from china too :cry: . Try to find products made here, its tough. The US arms manufactorers quit making the guns i like, so i have little choice but to buy overseas :evil: But, it wasn't me who put in the tax incentives to offshore America. :twisted: :x
These are assembled in China from parts made in the U.S. and China. It really should be called a 12 ga. 1901 because that's what it is. From what I've read, these are well-made, though some of the early ones had QC issues. When "Coyote Cap" was working with the Chinese in designing the prototypes of these they pressure tested it to +40,000 psi which locked up the action but the gun still did not blow up. Thus, this repro is more than capable of handling even the hottest modern factory loads, even 2-3/4 magnums.
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

I have one of the newer versions. It is made to better tolerances in my opinion. I tried it with several brands of ammo and was going to take it back because it jammed, would not feed or extract, etc. Did some research that recommended only AA hulls. Tried those and it is slicker than butter, no problems. Bought 1,000 hulls and am happy.

Don