OT: best TV episode of all time

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT: best TV episode of all time

Post by J Miller »

Me and this stinking dial up. Can't watch it. The theme song to that show was always melancholy and kind of sad to me. But I liked it and watched it every week.

I missed the turkey drop episode and have never seen it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

well as my title implies, I think it's worth finding a way to see it. Do you get netflix? I guess I could make you a DVD if it wasn't illegal (pm me your address just in case I decide to send you a Christmas gift)
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

"I thought turkeys could fly."
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Idahoser wrote:well as my title implies, I think it's worth finding a way to see it. Do you get netflix? I guess I could make you a DVD if it wasn't illegal (pm me your address just in case I decide to send you a Christmas gift)
Nope, no netflix, no cable, no satellite, nothing but regular broadcast tv a telephone and dial up modem.
Maybe someday.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

Great show!!! it is dearly missed!! My kids thought this was hilarious!

Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

SPOILER ALERT!!!
Hobie wrote:"I thought turkeys could fly."
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

The people on our local radio station say it was not a television program, but rather a documentorary(sp) about radio stations. :D :D
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I was a regular fan of the show, and Loni Anderson; the turkey drop was prolly one of the best shows they had.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

My Dad, sister and I use that line frequently... :lol:

Les Nesman ranks in my top 5 of Greatest TV characters.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
JR5
Levergunner

Post by JR5 »

Idahoser,

Thanks for the memories! We lived just south of the City when the show aired, near Gary Sandy's family home in Ky.

One summer, Gary brought Loni Anderson along to a family reunion & picnic at a family residence, whose lawn faced out to the only central highway in the county.

Man the when the word got out the gawkers and party crashers were everywhere. It was the first and only traffic jam I had ever seen on US 27 (in the middle of nowhere)!

She was a good sport and would occasionally throw us a big smile and a wave! LOL

JR5
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

The people on our local radio station say it was not a television program, but rather a documentary about radio stations.

In many ways, it was. I was working in small market radio during the run of the show and some of the things 'rang true'. Sadly, we didn't have the 'eye-candy' in the character that Loni played.

But we did have affairs, one DJ almost OD'd on the air, a tower fall, major embezzlement by an accountant and other day-to-day weirdness.

Just for reference, I got the DVD set of WKRP. Watched a couple of shows but they weren't like I remembered. Started paying attention and discovered all the original music they played, they had to take it out because of licensing issues. Sort of like having chicken and sausage gumbo without any spices.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!"