Sometimes you just get lucky.......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Sometimes you just get lucky.......

Post by Rube Burrows »

Well its not the find of a lifetime or even close but I was happy with what I picked up today.

I'll start off by saying that lever guns or cowboy guns in general are not big movers around where I live. I am currently building a 38-55 Winchester 94 and I was happy to find in my local gun shop 2 1/2 boxes of 38-55 and also two boxes of 25-35. Got all 4 1/2 boxes for $10.00.

The two full boxes of 38-55 had price tags of 35.99 on them. The 25-35 had price tags of 24.99 on them. I know the guys up there pretty good and they said they have had in for a long time and no one even asks about those calibers. I expressed my interest in them and they told me to make an offer. I threw out $10.00 jokingly and he told me we had a deal. I do a lot of business with these guys and have been a loyal customer from day one with them. Its good to catch a deal like that once in a while with the way most people and shops seem to be these days.

I dont even own a 25-35 but at that price I could not pass on them.

Here is what I got. (half box of 38-55 is not pictured)

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Sometimes you just get lucky.......

Post by claybob86 »

Now you have to get a .25-35 to go with the ammo! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

claybob86 wrote:Now you have to get a .25-35 to go with the ammo! :D

My thoughts exactly. I have never shot one or owned one so that give me a good excuse to get one.....in my book anyways.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I would Buy them and don't have either Gun.However they r both on the list
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Lucky is an understatement!!! :shock: :mrgreen:
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Lucky is an understatement!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

How's your 38-55 conversion going. I now have a donor rifle for the action and buttstock, so I am at least moving in the right direction. Did you order any of the parts yet? Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

fordwannabe wrote:How's your 38-55 conversion going. I now have a donor rifle for the action and buttstock, so I am at least moving in the right direction. Did you order any of the parts yet? Tom

I have ordered most of the parts including the 26" Octagon barrel. Im getting the receiver prepped the best I can to send it off and have it color case hardened. Im having a hard time finding the wood for it though. I building on a post 64 but want it to have the early look with the crescent buttstock. I was hoping to find the front forearm and rear buttstock all in the same place that way the wood would match.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Lucky isn't the word I'd use. I'm thinking that's a steal.
Old Law Dawg
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

That's the difference in supporting the Local small shop. they appriciate and rember You unlike Wally world or the box stores. We have a tiny Sporting Goods nearby that is jammed full of fishing tackle and reloading supplys. Good for You.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

.45colt wrote:That's the difference in supporting the Local small shop. they appriciate and rember You unlike Wally world or the box stores. We have a tiny Sporting Goods nearby that is jammed full of fishing tackle and reloading supplys. Good for You.

Yeah, I try to support them whenever I can. I dont mind paying a couple dollars more to get great service and friends out of the deal. Now, I have bought from the box stores too. Sometimes if its more than a few dollars saving I am like anyone else and will go where the price is right. Mostly on Ammo though.....cause Walmart or Academy just beats other prices by a good margin sometimes. That being said.....at Walmart, you have to search down someone to unlock the glass case and that can be hard at times....then you have to deal with some jack wagon who thinks he knows all there is to know about guns when in reality he knows nothing. :roll:

I hope that everyone supports their local shops as best as they can. They are the ones that will bargain when they can. You wont get Walmart to come off a single red cent.
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

"You might be a gun nut...."

Isn't that the very first punch line for all those... if you buy ammo in a caliber that you don't even have a gun for, just in case you get one?! :mrgreen:
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Markbo wrote:"You might be a gun nut...."

Isn't that the very first punch line for all those... if you buy ammo in a caliber that you don't even have a gun for, just in case you get one?! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I cant tell you how many times I have done that. More than a hand full though. Usually im gathering ammo for a gun I dont have if im building it....but when a deal come along I will pick it up and try to use that as an excuse to get the gun that goes with it.