OT-New (to me) toys

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

OT-New (to me) toys

Post by Chas. »

As some of you may remember from a previous post, I lost my Mother-in-law a few weeks ago. She was an only child, as is my wift, i.e. small family. In the process of clearing out her house, my wife and I found her guns. She had a small single action revolver with no identifiable marks. It looks like it could be a 100 year-old NAA Mini-Revolver although I know it's not. It won't lock up so it's a tiny wall-hanger.

The other is a S&W nickel .38. Don't know what model it is, but the last patent date is Sept. 14, 09. That would be 1909, not 2009. Serial is 1685xx. It belonged to my wife's grandfather at one time. Don't know any history beyond that. Anyway, for practical purposes, I now have 2 new(old) guns since my wife could care less about either.

If anybody here would speculate as to model of either, please speak up. Here's a lousy pic from my cell phone.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-New (to me) toys

Post by JReed »

Glad to hear they ended up in good hands. They look like a neat pair sorry I have no info for you.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

The big one looks like a 3rd model hand ejector by S&W.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Swing the cylinder open, is the model #in there?
I have a little revolver that looks just like Yours, as they all did then. Mine is missing the cylinder.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

the little one looks like a S&W model 2 tip up.

on second thought, how about this Hopkins & Allen?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =198635067
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

bulldog, thanks for that reference to the gunbroker ad. That one is almost identical to the one I have.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

cool.
most of those H&As have a fluted cylinder - that smooth cylinder seems to be rare.