More Kalifornia madness!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

More Kalifornia madness!!

Post by jnyork »

I am almost speechless with rage over this, but not quite!! These idiots have been doing this since the 1960's. My first experiece with them was when I returned from my last tour in Vietnam in 1969, there were several busloads of UC Berkeley students in the San Francisco airport terminal, waving signs, sitting in, cursing and spitting at the soldiers passing through. Welcome Home!! The town and the university of Berkeley have continued along these lines ever since. I guess Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Association dont mean anything if you are military. I moved away from Kali in 1978 when I retired from the Air Force, one of the happiest days of my life>

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/ci_8127493

Post by J Miller »

Actions like this should be considered felony assault and battery. Victims of this assault should have the legal right to take what ever action is necessary to bring it to a halt.

Since that will never happen, how about a covert mission to Berkeley to extract all the perpetrators; students, administrators, government officials, who ever is responsible. Take them out to sea in an old derelict ship, lock them in the hold, sink it and create a well fertilized artificial reef.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

It is sad to see. Mr. Miller, I like your idea :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That was enough to make me vomit. I think a good idea would be to build a fence around the city, then hang a sign on the gate, "Plunderers & Looters Welcome, Especially By Raghead Nations".--------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

I want to be there when the earthquake hits, and all the Berserkleys are begging for help, and the National Guard stands at the city limits to watch. "Sorry, wouldn't want to intrude."
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Such vile behavior. Do you see the difference between "D"s and "R"s now? :evil:
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

MAN! That is SNAFU & FUBAR!

Blocking the sidewalk with yoga moves & smoking in doorways! Those are some mixed-up people!

The town council needs to be recalled, and the protesters all need to be spanked in public. The Marine Corps needs to make it clear that they WILL NOT come to the aid of the city, nor to help anyone on the council, as well as any of the proteters. ...or, the Marine Corps should open up a couple dozen additional recruiting offices, and offer lolipops to all who visit them. ...maybe, a free box of ammo, and some BDUs, too. Yeah, that'll do it.

I will hazzard a guess that, if, abortion protestors were to behave that way in front of a clinic, then the council would not react the same way. What a pity. :oops: :x :cry:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Re: More Kalifornia madness!!

Post by gary rice »

i ets'd from nam at oakland army base in 70, should have picked another route as they were waiting for us to.
jnyork wrote:I am almost speechless with rage over this, but not quite!! These idiots have been doing this since the 1960's. My first experiece with them was when I returned from my last tour in Vietnam in 1969, there were several busloads of UC Berkeley students in the San Francisco airport terminal, waving signs, sitting in, cursing and spitting at the soldiers passing through. Welcome Home!! The town and the university of Berkeley have continued along these lines ever since. I guess Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Association dont mean anything if you are military. I moved away from Kali in 1978 when I retired from the Air Force, one of the happiest days of my life>

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/ci_8127493

Post by Bridger »

"This is very serious," Rachel said. "This isn't a game; it's mass murder. There's a sickness of silence of people not speaking out against the war. We have to do this."

No, Rachael, you are the sick one.
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

I can't get mad at all this craziness anymore. I'm so tired of this type of stuff I just feel like crying sometimes. :cry:

I made the mistake of wearing my Navy crackerjacks through San Fran airport in the early 70s. It was painfully obvious then that I was probably the only one proud of my uniform. Looks like we've gone full circle, if we've gone anywhere.
Well done is better than well said.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

While I personally find the activity destestable, and barely understand the basis for protest, it is just such activity by U.S. citizens that the U.S. military, the Marine Corps included, exists to defend.

These strange people have a right, even though they obviously do not understand how or why.

This is comedy and should be handled as such.

In my mind, the best way to disrupt the protests would be for the recruiting staff inside the center to shed their uniforms during their breaks or after business hours and engage in a little free speech of their own by joining the crowd and exercising their own 1st Amendment rights by waving a few signs that they've prepared. e.g.:

"Marines = Red, White, and Blue"

"Code Pink = Yellow"

"Marines = The smell of death"

"Code Pink = The smell of fear and urine"

...etc., etc., etc.,

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

That's Berkley. The Bay Area is a whole different world from the rest of us. If you ever wondered what ever happened to the 60's denizens of Haight/Ashbury, now you know. They migrated to Berkley. :roll:
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I don't even know where to begin. :evil:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

one day they will pay, hopefully

Post by brucew44guns »

I remember when President Reagan sent a bunch of Marines and Navy ships down to Grenada. The Island was under seige by a ruthless band of tyrants who hoped to take over this Island and it's govt. The US had quite a few students down there going to school. I don't remember all the particulars, but I do remember many of those students--- after they were rescued by our military, when their feet were back on US soil, they dropped down and kissed the ground they stood on. The United States, and it's military force, looked pretty good to that bunch of folks about then. No doubt for many of them, it had scared hell out of them as they contemplated being killed by hostiles on that Island. The marines and other service branches were directly credited with saving them. Now look at these pigs and slimes in Berkley. Too bad some event can't come along that makes Grenada look like a childs game, and the Marines just stand there and laugh themselves into a coma. No doubt, these very ones in Berkley would too be saved by the fabulous men and women of our armed forces. Joe's idea on solving this does have appeal for sure.
Last edited by brucew44guns on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: one day they will pay, hopefully

Post by FWiedner »

brucew44guns wrote:I remember when President Reagan sent a bunch of Marines and Navy ships down to Grenada. The Island was under seige by a ruthless band of tyrants who hoped to take over this Island and it's govt. The US had quite a few students down there going to school. I don't remember all the particulars, but I do remember many of those students--- after they were rescued by our military, when their feet were back on US soil, they dropped down and kissed the ground they stood on. The United States, and it's military force, looked pretty good to that bunch of folks about then. No doubt for many of them, it had scared hell out of them as they contemplated being killed by hostiles on that Island. The marines and other service branches were directly credited with saving them. Now look at these pigs and slimes in Berkley. Too bad some event can't come along that makes Grenada look like a childs game, and the Marines just stand there and laugh themselves into a coma. No doubt, these very ones in Berkley would too be saved by the fabulous men and women of our armed forces.
Bruce, I know that it's not what you said, but I find it offensive in the extreme to suggest that any U.S. Marine would laugh if he recognized a U.S. citizen were in harms way.

I can't tell you how such a thought affects me. It's simply unthinkable.

:shock:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Hank Dodge
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hank Dodge »

Those nut-jobs in Bezerkley make me sick. Unfortunately, I live just southeast of there. It is sad to say, but there are way too many folks that think like that. They just don't get it. The inmates are running the asylum.

Every time I see a group like that protesting on the street, I just reach down and dial up the go-box on my truck. Man....that Dodge Cummins lays down one heck of a smokescreen!!! Maybe it's wrong of me to smoke those poor misguided miscreants, but it sure makes me feel good to show my support for our men in uniform.

Hank
"Shoot them big guns......you can see the holes better!"
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

"Even though the council items passed, not everyone is happy with the work of Code Pink. Some employees and owners of businesses near the Marines office have had enough of the group and its protests.

"My husband's business is right upstairs, and this (protesting) is bordering on harassment," Dori Schmidt told the council. "I hope this stops."

An employee of a nearby business who asked not to be identified said Wednesday the elderly Code Pink protesters are aggressive, take up parking spaces, block the sidewalk with their yoga moves, smoke in the doorways, and are noisy.

"Most of the people around here think they're a joke," the woman said. "

This pretty much sums it up, and the elected officials in Quirkley have their heads up their backsides.

It's ok for the mentally handicapped hipsters to harrass everyone else to make their stupid point. Nice message, now go the hell home.
Double standards...

I'd go upside their old crazy heads with a bat.
Well, not really, but 'd like a moment to daydream about it if you don't mind.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

It's not so much the protesters that bother me, what they are doing is what
allot of us went into the service to protect, the American way of life.

If they believe what they say, then they have a right to say it.

As Mr. Wiedner put it they are comical, and should be treated as such.

Doesn't mean I'm not fighting the urge to rush in with my Ka-bar :twisted:

It's the politicians who make it easy and cater to them while saying a
recruiters voice should not be heard in schools. It's allowing one form of
free speech to harass (the one they side with) and trying to stifle the one
they disagree with.

Even the hippies should recognize it for what it is. :roll:
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

self control

Post by brucew44guns »

Mr. Wiedners 2nd post makes a comment about our servicemen that I totally agree with. Human Nature is powerful, it seeks revenge and settling the score. Yet the fact that our Marines and other armed services personnel keep themselves under control in tough situations is testament to their love of country, love of fellow Americans, and respect for their own branch of service. They are really committed to what they do and believe in. I always thought that people would have had to be crazy to spit at, or call foul names to a returning Viet Nam soldier at an airport or anywhere for that matter. Yet they did do that, and I can't remember ever hearing about a soldier cold-cocking anyone. Truth is, our service men really don't need to settle any score with people like this, I firmly believe that "You reap what you sow", these pinko's will have their own Waterloo some fine day all on their own, when they start reaping what's been sown by their own hands.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . Miserable @#$%^&* wretches :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Actually, gentlemen, FWiedner got me to thinking. Maybe the recruiters should shed their uniforms and go out to be with the protestors, but they should pretend to be protestors, too. Now that is comedy!

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Free speech of citizenry is one thing, but for the city clouncil to endorse it is reprehensible.

I for one would NOT care if the marines turned their backs on them in a time of need. Why? Because it's exactly what the morons are asking them to do.

Be careful what you ask for!
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

i believe a boycott of the berkley area by any and all connected to the military and veterans as well might open their eyes. i came home before the demonstrations began but was given grief by some of the folks i worked with.

i wrote the moron bloomberg..... errrrrrr... the "mayor" of nyc a letter telling him i was going to go there for a visit and a tour and in view of his anti-gun stance i elected to change my choice to go to a different area instead BECAUSE OF HIS anti-gun stance.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I suggest that the 'women's peace group Code Pink' be shipped off to Iran to have one of their little protests there. As the survivors attempted to recover from their injuries in a jail from their nightmares, I'm sure they might develop an appreciation for the marines that they never had before.

What goes around, comes around. Chances are, most of those people will live long enough to see things beyond their worst nightmares .... it is inevitable.