First day of deer season(rifle) in South Carolina

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

First day of deer season(rifle) in South Carolina

Post by Stan in SC »

Today was almost too warm here to think of deer hunting.Nevertheless about 3:30 I gathered my next door neighbor and my gunsmith and we went to a new to us piece of property that is as deery looking a piece of land I have ever seen.Very thick woods with several food plots.A creek runs thru it and on one side there is a high hill with acorn trees.We each decided where we wanted to hunt with the gunsmith choosing the hillside which is the far backside of the property.I was in the middle on a ladder stand over a logging trace and my neighbor was in a ladder stand on the edge of the really thick stuff.He had two bucks fighting near him but couldn't see them.I even heard a little of the noise they made blowing and snorting from over 300 yards away.About 6:15 I heard the 25-06 of the gunsmith.I waited awhile and cell phoned him.He had a nice 6 point estimated to be about two years old and about 140 pounds.I waited till about half hour before dark and picked up the neighbor and my vehicle and we actually made it most of the way to the other side in a 2 wheel drive Trailblazer.We went in and dragged the deer out and got it to his home for him to finish butchering.A great way to start gun season.We are going again Saturday.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: First day of deer season(rifle) in South Carolina

Post by shooter »

Our gun season doesn't start for another 3 weeks, which is good because it's too durn hot right now for my taste. Nothing I hate more than hunting with the bugs, lol. I did go down to my lease this weekend for a final check on the feeders, game cameras, etc. Best of luck to you on the rest of your season.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Excellent!
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

bsaride wrote:Excellent!
yes sir-re-bob....great way to start!
Congrats and good luck this weekend!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS