OT: This Has Fun Written All Over It.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

OT: This Has Fun Written All Over It.

Post by cshold »

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: This Has Fun Written All Over It.

Post by 2ndovc »

I think so too but the last time that one came up it really took a beating around here.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

My dad has one and at 30 yards iron sights it put all 45 colts under an inch sssoooooo what is so bad about that I was impressed for a rossi/taurus thing. the gun is fun and thats what its all about

^
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Our shop had one, for 30 minutes. Sold the instant somebody knew it was there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

They look like a fun gun for sure.I cannot decide which would be better....a rifled or a smooth bore.They come both ways.A rifled barrel will give a donut pattern unless there is something in the choke that negates this.Probably not a lot of difference in the accuracy of either barrel with a .45 Colt cartridge.
They are a bit on the expensive side running close to $500.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I didn't care for the Judge, but that sucker is cool beans..I'd get the smooth bore, and I suspect at SD range, it would shoot the .45 slugs just fine... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That settles it, then - someone has to step up to the plate, buy one, and prepare a detailed RANGE REPORT... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

AJMD429, Please stop with the pressure tactic,
I am so almost there, I can feel it in my hands. :lol:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Mike, there was one over at gander mountain last time i was there :wink:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

casastahle wrote:AJMD429, Please stop with the pressure tactic, I am so almost there, I can feel it in my hands. :lol:
Well, I'd have done the job myself, but I thought I had a flat tire coming home today, so naturally, I pulled off the road to check it, and of all the coincidences, you'll never guess where I happened to be...

I was right in front of the local gun shop; what are the odds...!

Well, they had this rusty old Savage something-or-other for a couple of months, that the guy was wanting to give away if you bought a 20-round box of ammo*, so I figured I'd just go in there to use the phone to call Triple-A, instead of wasting money on the electicity it would take to charge my cell phone battery after making the call. 8) Well, I forgot to make the call :oops: (wouldn't you know it, my tire turned out to be just fine, too, so I reckon I saved me quite a bit of money just on that...! :D ). Well, anyway, they still had it, and I just knew it was gonna just get more rusted-up, and might become so rusty it would be dangerous and hurt somebody :shock: , so I did the right thing, and I took it off his hands, for free, no less! :mrgreen:

So I not only saved all that money by not having a ruined tire, and not using up my cell-phone battery, I even got me a free brand-new gun (turned out I saved even more money, because it wasn't rust after all, it was just dust stuck to the new-gun oil), plus I helped prevent someone from having a serious accident (well, the gun could have been rusty - how was I to know?). All in all a good day, and all I spent money on was one box of ammo.

* - I knew prices had gone up, but $530 for 20 rounds :shock: - my wife will never believe it. . .
. . . so I suppose I shouldn't tell her - it would just upset her. :?
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Would love to get one but they are considered a sawed off shotgun in Ca. So if I get stationed there again ( I am hoping that is where we go next) I won't be able to keep it. :evil:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

JReed wrote:Would love to get one but they are considered a sawed off shotgun in Ca. So if I get stationed there again ( I am hoping that is where we go next) I won't be able to keep it. :evil:

How on earth does CA consider it a sawed-offf shotgun?!?! 18.5" barrel, plus a buttstock. Looks to me like they have to ban every H&R single-shot shotgun, too, if they ban this one. Do they?
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Pisgah wrote:
JReed wrote:Would love to get one but they are considered a sawed off shotgun in Ca. So if I get stationed there again ( I am hoping that is where we go next) I won't be able to keep it. :evil:

How on earth does CA consider it a sawed-offf shotgun?!?! 18.5" barrel, plus a buttstock. Looks to me like they have to ban every H&R single-shot shotgun, too, if they ban this one. Do they?
Never mind I am retarded. I saw the name judge and didn't look at the link I was thinking their hand gun by that name :oops:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

What I was referring to: "OT: This Has Fun Written All Over It."
And I do mean the Taurus Circuit Judge
:wink:

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

rjohns94 wrote:Mike, there was one over at gander mountain last time i was there :wink:
LOL Sure is lots of brotherly enabling love in this forum. :lol:

As tempting as the Taurus Judge is, I will remain strong, save my $ and
hold out for the real Judge to release the other part that goes with
these grips. :)

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Good Boy :wink:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
darkwater
Levergunner 1.0

Post by darkwater »

One of the first concerns I had when I saw this was having one arm forward of the gap between the cylinder and the forcing cone, where in a revolver some of the hot gas leaks out perpendicular to the barrel and it's usually a bad idea to have flesh anywhere near it. However, it appears in the picture there is some kind of shield that covers up the cylinder gap, so that issue may have been addressed.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I just never could warm up to them.

The answer to a question nobody ever asked.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
azzhandler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azzhandler »

what I see when looking at these guns is a radical " 410 slug gun" shooting 3inch brass shells and loaded up with something along the lines as a 240 gr softpoint :twisted: might be fun on these ohio deer
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I'd like to shoot a round of skeet with that!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hey, JR, how is it a "sawed off". The barrel is 18.5" which is .5 longer than the minimum. Is the overall length below the minimum? I didn't see that figure in the specs.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
darkwater
Levergunner 1.0

Post by darkwater »

jeepnik wrote:
Hey, JR, how is it a "sawed off". The barrel is 18.5" which is .5 longer than the minimum. Is the overall length below the minimum? I didn't see that figure in the specs.
Overall length needs to be at least 26 inches.

But...here's the kicker...in the definition of what is an illegal "assault weapon" in CA:

The term “assault weapon” also means any firearm that falls under one of the following definitions pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

darkwater wrote:
jeepnik wrote:
Overall length needs to be at least 26 inches.

But...here's the kicker...in the definition of what is an illegal "assault weapon" in CA:

The term “assault weapon” also means any firearm that falls under one of the following definitions pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Didn't know about that one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
darkwater
Levergunner 1.0

Post by darkwater »

Colt was way ahead of the revolving cylinder shotgun game back in 1860: http://www.coltcollectors.com/models/06-5b-087.shtml and http://oldguns.net/pix/18105.jpg

Even one of these old Colts would be illegal in CA because of how broadly the law was written.