OT - M1991A1 value???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

OT - M1991A1 value???

Post by RSY »

I have a line on an ORM 1991A1 in stainless. It hasn't been put up wet, but it does look like it's been rode hard a bit. Aesthetically good, just well-used. Asking price is $650 with the two original magazines. What think ye??? I was thinking about offering an almost-new S&W 4006 + $200 cash.

Thanks, in advance,
Scott
Hobie

Re: OT - M1991A1 value???

Post by Hobie »

Fair price for a Colt 1991A1 in stainless. Not exactly a bargain but not a rip-off either.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Hobie,

Thanks. Does the market currently differentiate between ORM and NRM models??? If so, what would that value difference typically be?

Scott
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The gun shop market doesn't because ignorance is bliss. But the behind the counter market, the insiders, does have preferences. Some prefer the look of the new mark or the relative rarity or quality of the old mark. I think it is a wash. I certainly didn't pay a premium for my ORM. If it reached the case/shelf/rack it no longer matters unless it matters to you. If you think one or the other is deserving of a premium, that's fine but that is a good price disregarding the roll-mark.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Good to know. Thanks.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, Scott - If they'd go for the .40 Smith + a deuce, I'd be doin' the happy dance, fer sure.

RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Thanks, Pete, for the input. We'll see what happens...

It's amazing how little those S&W's are worth these days. Great guns, but nobody wants anything to do with a steel handgun anymore, it seems, except for M1911s. It's like 70 years of handguns just vanished; people either want a M1911 or a Glock/XD/M&P, etc.

Thanks,
Scott