New ( to me) Rossi 92/ 480 Ruger/ McPherson custom

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

New ( to me) Rossi 92/ 480 Ruger/ McPherson custom

Post by 2ndovc »

I bought Gary W ( 1886) custom 92 Rossi. Super nice guy and rifle was EXACTLY as described! He even let me make a couple payments on it.

First impression was that it was "Slicker than Snot" :D

Ran home and grabbed some ammo that I had made in anticipation of it's arrival. 27 grs. /W 296 & 325 Gr. Horn. XTP.

Gary told me he'd only loaded .477 cast so the XTP's were an experiment. I was pleased with the results. Groups ran less than 2" @ 50 yds. just a quick test with the rifle rested on my range bag. I'm looking forward to making some loads with the .477 Beartooth cast bullits.

Rifle itself is really sharp. Nice wood and the NP3'd bolt is a nice contrast.
Gary also sent a spare buttstock W/ a nice thick recoil pad that has also been beeded to the frame. Glad he did, This sucker kicks like a Moscow Mule!!

Can't wait to go hunting!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Advanced Levergunner

McPherson Custom 92

Post by 1886 »

Jason, Glad you like it. Have Fun.. 1886.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm glad somebody who appreciates it bought it. It does look good!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson