Waffling and Procrastination Oh yeah, OT!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Waffling and Procrastination Oh yeah, OT!

Post by Griff »

I'm a procrastinator! In fact, I'm a procrastinator's procrastinator. I have two mottos I live by: 1) "If you don't ask, they can't say 'YES'", and; "never put off till tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow!"

But, for several months I've been unhappy in my current job situation. I decided to go back to another outfit last December, when I found out about a very lucrative run they had that would give me many weekends at the house. But... this came up, then that, and then there was some other thing... and I found myself six months down the road (literally) still stewing over the same things at the current company. Then, several weeks ago, they asked several guys what their reaction would be to a new contract. They said, "we're having a hard time attracting and keeping owner operators and wanna change the contract to offer a better pay package." This sounded promising. But... their idea of better was to take money from this clause and put it in another clause. Same money... just shuffled. Grrr... no raise for over 8 years (one red cent two years ago, but that was chicken feed), and they wanna play 52 card pickup!

So... I asked today what were the actual chances of a raise. And got that, "we're looking into the possibility with Corporate." So I gave notice.

So, should be starting at the new place next week. Er, actually the old place... where I was when my wife convinced me ("...darlin' you wanna do this... for me", type of convincing)!

Don't know if I'll get that lucrative run on a real regular basis..., but the outfit has plenty of freedom, and I get to make the load decisions... and can negotiate better rates of the ones offered aren't to my liking.

Passed the 1.8 million mark with CFI/Con-Way this past week, would have liked to have made the two million mile award, but... you can't pay very many bills with a clock, jacket and plaque! I'm still a year & ½ or more away... so it's time to move now!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hobie

Re: Waffling and Procrastination Oh yeah, OT!

Post by Hobie »

I've been accused of putting things off until God MAKES me do it so I understand (I call it timing). Things will work out and you'll meet more levergunners. BTW, how many have you met so far? You must hold the record.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Best of luck to you Griff!
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

prayers offered for you Griff
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Go by your heart! It is always right. If it takes a long time to make a decision then it is probably the wrong decision. That's my two cents. :D
"That'll Be The Day"
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

I read this somewheres..."No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!" Good on ya.. & Go for it Griff ...good luck too!
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Griff, I wish you the best in what you do, whatever you do.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations Griff, I hope it works out for you. I've been at the same location now for 11 years. Times they are a changin though. 30 years ago when I started driving I was making $13 an hour in Tampa. Good money at the time. Roll the clock forward and I'm still making $13 an hour. When I'm on the clock. They just renewed the same contract we had for the last four years, for the next four years as well. That 8 years with no raise. On the other hand my BIL works for a company that forced everyone to take a 5% pay CUT on Jan. 1st.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Best of luck to you Griff :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Best of luck to you! I travel for a living as well and honestly nothing matters more to me these days than schedule - it's king. I hope the new gig has both pay and schedule improvements.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Well, I got a lot to say about that procrastination business, but I'll get to it later...
Last edited by 20cows on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Keep on trucking buddy. Sorry for the pun.

My best prayers for you.

Don
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Griff, if yer gonna be a bear be a GRIZZLY. GO FOR IT!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Griff, yer a smart guy. Yer timing may be just what it needed to be. I've often been accused of procrastinating myself, but I prefer letting an idea have time to "marinate" a while until my gut tells me it's the right time to trip the big switch, rather than the rashness of youth and the "aw heck, let's just do it" that so often leads to less than happy unforseen consequences. I'm too old for those kinda dramatics....
Certified gun nut
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thanx for all the support. If it don't work, I'll REALLY need it, the wife is allowin' me six months! :roll:

But, On Topic... I picked up a load yesterday morning at the Defense Logistics Depot in New Cumberland, PA destined for bases in KS & OK. One of the questions they ask as you enter is: "Are you carrying any guns or explosives?"

Well, actually, yes. So, I have to turn over my 1851 Colts, 1860 Henry and twice by... and one of the guards sez... "uh... you one of them SASS shooters?" So although there's a line of vehicles waiting behind me, (have to do the paperwork ya know), we sit there and discuss SASS. An you know what? We talked about how neat the guns we used were... AND how much fun it was.

When I got to the gate on the way out there was an alert on the base; so we talked some more about guns, etc.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good luck Griff!

I used to never procrastinate, but life has a way, as you put on years, of filling up with more to do than can ever be done. Things get pushed. One has to learn to prioritize...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:D I don't do anything on time except pay bills, show up at work, and keep meeting times with friends. Chores and such can just bite me.....(Man, I love paper plates)

The absolute best of luck on the new gig....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV