Invested $360 and 3 hours in huntings future today -

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Invested $360 and 3 hours in huntings future today -

Post by 86er »

This is on topic because a Henry .22, Marlin 39 and Win 94 took part.

First, I took my niece and another girl shooting. They are both 15 years old. One of them owns the Henry that a generous forum member gave anonymously at Christmas. I used my 45 Colt for some offhand practice. My niece used her Marlin .22. Both girls knocked out the bullseyes on a standard 22 Match target at distances up to 21 yards. I shot a well aimed shot followed by two quick follow up shots on antelope targets at 60 yards. 100 rounds altogether.

After the shooting we went to get each of the girls their first hunting license. NYS offers a Junior Small Game license for $5 each. While there, I got myself a lifetime hunting license for $350. Both of my boys received lifetime licenses for their first birthdays. I figured I might as well have one too - since we will no longer be residents of NY in just one week. My annual deer hunt is a decade old tradition that I hope to continue. If I had purchased a non-resident license annually it would be $110 each year (big game only). A few visits with family and friends could easily justify the cost of the license. Besides, these two girls are counting on me to take them hunting every year.

An investment in the future of hunting (I keep telling myself).
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Very Cool Joe!!

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Money well spent!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Outstanding Sir. That truelly is an investment.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

:D :D Money well spent 8)