A good weekend, with a pic.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

A good weekend, with a pic.

Post by Nath »

[img][img]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o65/ ... et/tia.jpg[/img]
Here is a pic of Tia at a pheasant feed bin, they are great squirrel pullers . We shot 6 today, Tia retrieved 3. Tia is coming on now as in she is starting to get the idea of what game we are playing like today she just had to walk to heel and retieve if I say so where as yesterday she had to hunt birds and only really return to the whistle and go where I point. When we are out with a rifle she is understanding that when it comes off the shoulder there is a command to "hup" and "stay" which leaves me to do the stalk.
In the pic you can see the ammo, Rem cyclone. I don't think there is any lube on them so I made a small experiment today, I shot 10 at a 50paces target and 10 that I had wiped some of my BP lube. A mix of olive oil and bees wax. As usual with these I got a small cluster less than 1 inch but with two flyers. It was the flyers I was trying to irradicate, well I did but the lubed group opened up to around 11/2inch with no flyers. So all in all something happened but nothing to make it worth the effort :roll:
Yesterday we (Tia) was pheasant shooting, I was never on a good peg for the 6 drives our team of 8 guns got to stand on, thats how it goes sometimes. I got 3 out of 6 shots fired so 50%, thats not so bad. I was using a Muzzle loader of course :D
I did not get a shot at a woodcock but Tia made a good retieve on a runner, following it's trail for 60 paces or so.
A good weekend, the weather is amazing. Warm winds and some sun, I would be happy with this weather in April.
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Sounds like a successful hunt to me. A lot of fun too!! Thanks for posting the pic and the story!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Always enjoy your pics and stories.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Nath: That is a nice fat squirrel, do you eat em, and if so how do you cook em?
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Cool pic. Nothing better then a good dog and a good gun :D .
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Not really Octagon, I have though, in the past I have stewed them and fried there back legs and saddles coated in bread crumbs (slurp). They are abit fiddly compared to pheasant and rabbit :wink:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks like you had a nice weekend indeed! :D