30-30 , 170 gr, Federal Power-Shok RN SP $10.57

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

30-30 , 170 gr, Federal Power-Shok RN SP $10.57

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Bought 5 boxes of 170 gr Federal 30-30 ammo at Wal-Mart today in Summersville, WV for $10.57 a box. It went up $1.00 in the past few months so I thought I would buy a few boxes now. If you buy any make sure you save the receipt. Federal always runs some kind of promotion deals on there ammo and you can get as much as $5.00 a box back for at least 2 boxes. Did that about a month ago. Great ammo too!, Mike
If I can't shoot or pee off my own back porch when I want to then I'm not free and I won't live there. Thank you God for my freedom!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Cant touch it for that here in KS. Normally runs about $14 a box min. Dont blame you a bit. I just bought some 45 ACP that jumped $3 a box in just a month.
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

I hit one of the local Wally Worlds here in GA about two weeks ago and bought all they had at the same price plus a few boxes of .270's. I will probably go to one of the other ones over the weekend and do the same there. That's a good price for sure on some excellent ammo. One thing is for certain, it won't get any cheaper so I will be stocking up while I can.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Some of the gun shops have raised the price of ammo so high it's ridiculous. I can see it if they have to but most don't need to raise it as high as they do. I'm going to the Wal mart in Charleston, WV next week-end and see what they have. I'm not rich and on a retired mans budget but I like to carry my Trapper all year round just for protection in the woods and shooting Yotes, Rattlers and stones and pine cones while spending all day playing in these mountains. :wink: Mike
If I can't shoot or pee off my own back porch when I want to then I'm not free and I won't live there. Thank you God for my freedom!
JJ_Miller
Shootist

Post by JJ_Miller »

Well Mike-in-WV I would be suprised ifn' yo coould find your way to Charleston. Ain't Clay county the home of the one-eyed long leggers ? You know, one eye in the middle of the forehead and one leg longer than the other from walking around the hillsides ???

See I myself was raised in hub od urban culture , Frametown :wink:

Its good to see a neighbour here.......................JJ
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

JJ_Miller wrote:Well Mike-in-WV I would be suprised ifn' yo coould find your way to Charleston. Ain't Clay county the home of the one-eyed long leggers ? You know, one eye in the middle of the forehead and one leg longer than the other from walking around the hillsides ???

See I myself was raised in hub od urban culture , Frametown :wink:

Its good to see a neighbour here.......................JJ
JJ, Lol, Sometimes I think it's even worse than your description :lol: That's why I carry my 30-30 everywhere I go. We still have places around here where man has never been and many places that they never came back from. The hunting was great until the mines started leasing the land to clubs only last year. 250 miles of wilderness lost to the hunting clubs. Oh well, I can still walk out my front or back door and walk for over two miles through the woods before I hit a road.
Frametown is a really nice place. Been there several times. Mike
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

I saw the same pricing at Walmart but only a few stores carry the Federal Blue Box. I was also suprised to find the same pricing $10-12-14 for Federals in 30-30, 270, .30-'06 and others at the new Cabelas in Gonzales Louisiana. If I didn't reload, I'd be all over them prices.

TomF
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Tom, If you go on line and look at Cabelas ammo prices they seem really high to me plus the shipping. Wish I had a Cabelas close by instead of the way over priced Gander Mountain stores. From what I hear Bass Masters stores has some great prices too but the closest one for me is about a 2 hour drive and the price of gas would drive the shells sky high. :cry: Mike
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

From what you gents have reported, I'd say it speaks well for reloadin, jd45