A Few Pictures From This Summer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

A Few Pictures From This Summer

Post by Blaine »

Daughter and Bridge Over Deception Pass, Whidby Island Wash.

More Deception Pass

Yakima (WA) River Canyon

Cowlitz River (WA) below the barrier dam @ Mayfield Lake Steelhead Fishing

Me and The Back Of The Rig Doing a Little Scouting For Hunting Season

South of Mayfield Lake, the Winston GMU...We jumped a big, plump blacktail doe when we got out of the rig. This is the area we will start at the next time we scout.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Re: A Few Pictures From This Summer

Post by 2X22 »

BlaineG wrote:South of Mayfield Lake, the Winston GMU...We jumped a big, plump blacktail doe when we got out of the rig. This is the area we will start at the next time we scout.
Hey, that's right past my house!

Was anyone catching any summer run at the barrier?

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Wow :shock: Beautiful place.

Your girl is lovely too.

Like arrows in a quiver our children :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2X22 wrote:
BlaineG wrote:South of Mayfield Lake, the Winston GMU...We jumped a big, plump blacktail doe when we got out of the rig. This is the area we will start at the next time we scout.

Was anyone catching any summer run at the barrier?

2x22
We got there about noon, and there was action going on. Had two good hits myself. It was over in a few minutes and was dead the rest of the time I was there (about 1630). I was using red/pink yarn, corkie, couple red beads and shrimp/anise Smelly Jelly.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

BlaineG wrote:I was using red/pink yarn, corkie, couple red beads and shrimp/anise Smelly Jelly.
Back when my father in law guided on the Cowlitz, for summer run we used to free drift using just a nightcrawler and no weight. Had fantastic results that way.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2X22 wrote:
BlaineG wrote:I was using red/pink yarn, corkie, couple red beads and shrimp/anise Smelly Jelly.
Back when my father in law guided on the Cowlitz, for summer run we used to free drift using just a nightcrawler and no weight. Had fantastic results that way.

2x22
I hope to have a drift boat next year...for now, I need some weight to get out there from the bank 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Beautiful, just beautiful. :mrgreen:

Glad you had a great vacation. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Never been in a drift boat before. My FIL had a 21' sled and all my friends have sleds. I bet a drift boat would be good fun especially during the summer free drifting for steelies :wink:

2x22
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2X22 wrote:Never been in a drift boat before. My FIL had a 21' sled and all my friends have sleds. I bet a drift boat would be good fun especially during the summer free drifting for steelies :wink:

2x22
Yep, and I need the exercise.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

You're living in God's country, that's for sure. Very beautiful scenery!!!

Question for you Blaine - kinda' related. I'm not a motorcycle rider, but I do know what they look like! I've seem plenty of the traditional 2-wheel models, some with side-cars, and even the occasional 3-wheeled model, with a single wheel up front and a pair in the back. Just the other day though I saw a fellow riding around on a 3-wheeler but the pair of wheels are up front, with the single in the back. When did these come out (I've never seen one before), and why would someone want one?

Like I said, "kinda related", as I know you took some of those photos while on your bike. :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ysabel Kid wrote:You're living in God's country, that's for sure. Very beautiful scenery!!!

Question for you Blaine - kinda' related. I'm not a motorcycle rider, but I do know what they look like! I've seem plenty of the traditional 2-wheel models, some with side-cars, and even the occasional 3-wheeled model, with a single wheel up front and a pair in the back. Just the other day though I saw a fellow riding around on a 3-wheeler but the pair of wheels are up front, with the single in the back. When did these come out (I've never seen one before), and why would someone want one?

Like I said, "kinda related", as I know you took some of those photos while on your bike. :wink:
The Can-Am. Made by the SeaDoo people. Old company, good engine and they made motorcycles before, I cant remember the brand. Very Hot. Buddy has one and loves it. If I get to the place I can't handle a GoldWing, I'd get one of these in a heartbeat! Good machine.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

2X22 wrote:

2x22
and not quite to mine :wink: .

somehow seems so familiar. :lol:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I can see why you want a new drift boat!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Can Am Spyder, quite innovative.

Blaine, your pictures take me back to many a place in the state. Thanks for the memories.
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

kimwcook wrote:Can Am Spyder, quite innovative.

Blaine, your pictures take me back to many a place in the state. Thanks for the memories.
I still need to get out to Soap Lake.....Owe you a sammich and coffee.... Just been fishing in my spare time lately.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That's the one!!! :D
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Can am is an older motorcycle company from 1973 and is a subsidery of Bombardier . They started making motorcross bikes and used rotary valved Rotax motors to great effect. Bombardier shifted directions discontinued motorcycle production after winning the 250cc championship; actually, they swept first second and third. They licensed the name and production to someone else but it all ended about 1987. As Blaine mentioned they have since developed the Sypder using a Seadoo engine (also a Bombardier subsid.) and also a line of ATVs.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yep those Spyders are fun I test rode one when they can definitely had a bit of grin factor.

Blaine beautiful country you call home. As I get closer to retiring from my Uncles employ the wife and I have been looking into places to settle. Your end of the map is up at the top of the list.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

BlaineG wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:You're living in God's country, that's for sure. Very beautiful scenery!!!

The Can-Am. Made by the SeaDoo people. Old company, good engine and they made motorcycles before, I cant remember the brand. Very Hot. Buddy has one and loves it. If I get to the place I can't handle a GoldWing, I'd get one of these in a heartbeat! Good machine.

A friend has had two! Loves them!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

here's a cool choice - Triking cyclecar, which is a replica of the original Morgan