Remington RB1 45-70

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Remington RB1 45-70

Post by colo native »

I just got a Remington custom shop RB1 in 45-70. Any one had any info on the new custom shop guns????
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Remington RB1 45-70

Post by Pete44ru »

AFAIK, Remington was the only/original maker of rolling block rifles, ca.1867, being very prolific in terms of different models available before discontinuing them in the early 1900's.

After decades of used, milsurp, & clone RB's in the marketplace, several years ago Remington re-introduced the original rolling block (RB) on a Custom Shop basis only.

http://www.remingtoncustom.com/Historic ... Block.aspx

colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

thats it, thankx pete, now to find a value...
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

LET ME ADD MY DOS CENTAVOS HERE. A PAL OF MINE IN THE U.P. BOUGHT A NEWLY MADE REMINGTON 45-70 ROLLING BLOCK A FEW YEARS AGO. THE METAL WORK WAS VERY NICE, THE ACTION TIGHT AND SMOOTH, THE TRIGGER MOST USABLE. THE BARREL WAS VERY SMOOTH AND SHOT VERY WELL INDEED.
THE SIGHTS WERE PATHETIC AND WERE CHANGED ASAP.
THE WOOD WAS SO CRUMMY AS TO BEGGER COMPARISON. IT LOOKED WORSE THAN CANOE PADDLE GRADE AND HAD A FUNKY LOOKING FINISH THAT LOOKED LIKE AN INCH DEEP PILE OF GOO, AND LIKE IT WAS PUT ON WITH A 4" PAINTBRUSH.
THE STOCK WAS ILLFITTED AND STUCK OUT AN 1/8" OR MORE ON MOST DIMENSIONS EVERYWHERE. TO SAY IT WAS REALLY---REALLY !!!---PATHETIC DOES NOT QUITE SAY IT ALL. IT WAS AWFUL !!!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

Thankx for the answers, got some good info from the assra forum...
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Terry, i saw one on consignment in local shop a few years ago.....exactly as you described. every Uberti rolling block i had ever seen had better wood and better fit than that gun! really underwhelming for the price.
cable