We've talked about needing to be creative shooters...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

We've talked about needing to be creative shooters...

Post by Hobie »

Some guy in Nigeria IS a creative shooter. The blog post about shotgun slugs made using a 16mm socket caught my eye...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: We've talked about needing to be creative shooters...

Post by AJMD429 »

I thought maybe he was using the sockets as projectile... :shock:

I always wondered what shooting a stack of dimes would do, out of a 10 gauge shotgun, though... :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I read about a guy who came up with his own scattergun round for .357 magnum.

He took a wad-cutter and sliced it into three discs, like buttons. Then he loaded them in a case, one behind the other.

In his tests he said they always spread out equally, making a regular triangular pattern on the paper, and they didn't spread out all that fast, either. Kept a pretty dense pattern. He decided to use that as his self-defense round.

I'd stay away from his house.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

I have a Serbu Super Shorty shot gun. It is 12 ga with a 6.5" barrel. Looking for a load easy to assemble I came up with 2 - 60cal. round balls, made a cup and punch with shoulder to swage them oval shaped. Two 'oval' buckshot fit into a WAA12 wad. Loaded with some Bluedot it is impressive. They stay in an 8" circle up to 25 yards. Easy to load and a ball to shoot.

Don
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

Hobie wrote:Some guy in Nigeria IS a creative shooter. The blog post about shotgun slugs made using a 16mm socket caught my eye...
I won't even go into the creative mayhem which can be wrought by 2-3 15 year old boys with ancient damascus-barreled doubles, a sack of old paper shells, a bucket of old bearings and a half-pound of DuPont 2F.

Suffice it to say that a Mother's prayers have prevented more teen mortality than all the seat belts, unleaded paint and anti-smoking ads combined.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Did you know from a muzzle loading 10ga a 2" long carrot wad will shoot through wooden fencing?
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Impressive.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I read a story a few years back where this guy had his buddies shoot HIM out of their 12 ga. guns at the trap range. Yea, he died, got cremated, and his buddies loaded him up. :D

Boy, I can imagine where this thread is gonna go. :lol: ----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I just did my will, and I did think of that. Shotgun shells or to be shot out of a cannon. However, it would be a big burden on my family to figure all that out, so I decided to skip it. They can dump me in the creek where I used to play.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

DocAJ, I believe mythbusters did an episode on the dimes from a shotgun thing and it was very disapointing from my perspective. I had heard all my life about how devasting a load that was, and the actual slow motion footage as well as the results of the wounds in the pig, didn't show that to be the case. All of this is predicated on my memory being up to snuff today. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Not to drift the thread, but....speaking of last requests....

One of the Fuel Altered guys from wayyy back, died a few years ago. We were at Bakersfield CA at the Dragstrip when they loaded his ashes in the parachute of his old Fuel Altered and popped the chute out the back end at over 200 MPH. I always thought that it was a fitting memorial for such a legendary driver.

Ed
Tumbleweeds II
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tumbleweeds II »

Well, the dimes would be cheaper than 10 ga. factory ammo :P
Formerly known as "Tumbleweeds"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I remember doing some REALLY dumb stuff with a 16ga Lee Loader Classic. Mostly I loaded up a couple boxes of shells for skeet every week for awhile, but when I got bored :roll: :roll: Should have known better, but you know teenagers.... :P

As an aside, I drove the old guard crazy shooting skeet with my SxS 16ga Fox choked F & M and my #6 shot loads.... :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BlaineG wrote:I remember doing some REALLY dumb stuff with a 16ga Lee Loader Classic. Mostly I loaded up a couple boxes of shells for skeet every week for awhile, but when I got bored :roll: :roll: Should have known better, but you know teenagers.... :P

As an aside, I drove the old guard crazy shooting skeet with my SxS 16ga Fox choked F & M and my #6 shot loads.... :mrgreen:
I used skeet loads but shot with my Springfield Stevens 20 ga. choked M and F.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson