Remington 14 disassembly instructions?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
medicdave
Levergunner 1.0

Remington 14 disassembly instructions?

Post by medicdave »

Hey there all, bought a Remington 14 in 35 Rem. today when I went to look at a presafety Rossi 92. Does any one have disassembley instructions, as this thing is filthy! I know better than to try taking the bolt apart, but I need to get the slide away from the frame and get the forearm off in particular. I promise pictures of both when they're clean for the info :). Thanks in advance...Dave
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Remington 14 disassembly instructions?

Post by BigSky56 »

Google is your friend http://stevespages.com/pdf/remington_14.pdf . danny
medicdave
Levergunner 1.0

Post by medicdave »

Thanks Danny, already found that one, just wanted to see if some one had instructions listed. By the way the .pdf doesn't work that great, replace it with .html and it will pop up for anyone else that needs it. Now anyone have listed instructions since I can't find that on google? Thanks Dave
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have a schematic and pictured instructions on how to disassemble and assemble the Model 14/141 rifles. My scanner is broken, but maybe the info can be copied and snail mailed to you early next week.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

I own a 141/30, same as a 35/14. I also have the instructions copied.

Go to the Remington Collectors site. I believe you will find the data you seek there. Also they have the S/N's and barrel codes for determining the DOB of your piece. It has to be before 1936, as that is the date they changed models from 14 to 141. I found out my 141/30 was made in 1936 by the receiver S/N, and has a barrel code of 1929. They were using 14 parts for the 141's for a while.

Is your's a Rifle or Carbine ?

They also made the 14 Carbine in a saddle ring model and chambered in 38-40 & 44-40. They were designated model 14 1/2. These are very rare. Made between 1914 & 1920.

If you find one in 25 Remington, and in good shape, they bring top dollar.

Nice find BTW, enjoy.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
medicdave
Levergunner 1.0

Post by medicdave »

Its the rifle in 35rem. 22" barrel, walnut furniture, later sight (not the little wheel deal), SN 915xx. Found the secret to getting the forend, magazine and carrier off. This poor rifle was absolutely filthy and didn't look like much, but now that it is stripped and clean, it's not half bad. Stripped the wood down and started rubbing in boiled linseed oil. Not fancy, but very pleasing to me. I didn't try to raise any of the character marks, or sand out gouges, gonna look like a champ here in a few days when I get her back together. Feels like a childs rifle its so slim and trim. Think I'm gonna like it. :D Thanks for the sites guys, probably gonna need it to get her back together.

P.S. If any one has one of the cute little reciever/tang sights they don't want, let me know.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

That little receiver/tang sight for the 141/14's is a pricey devil.
Good luck if you can find one under $200.00. They were made by both Lyman & Marbles. The Lyman part # is R-14. BTW the model 12/121 22 rifle sight will not fit the 14/141 Rifles.

FYI;
Marbles is re-introducing the sight under there Vintage line in 2011. If you check the Marbles site you will see a Vintage section, The 14/141 sight will be introduced there.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30