Gary Reeder

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Gary Reeder

Post by Marlin32 »

Anyone have any information and/or experience in his Custom Rifles or Cartridges??

Have some interest in the 310GNR, 30GNR and even maybe the 8mmGNR.

If I could get them in a Marlin Lever, that would be something, if I can get the rifle heavy enough. I like heavy rifles.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Gary Reeder

Post by jd45 »

His website is reedercustomguns.com........I just Googled his name. jd45
H_Talon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by H_Talon »

I have a 30gnr in a contender and I just had him do 2 marlins 336's in 30gnr
the contender will do 1" at 100yds, I haven't shot the 336's yet,

I also have a "Baby" 45lc I had him do for me ...

it's a redhawk cut to 3", rounded grip and action job, (hunting backup)
I have always found Reeder easy to talk to and work with.
I'm happy with my Reeder guns and 30gnr.

just my .02

Talon
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Post the results of your shooting with the 30GNR when you do. I would be interested.
I found the website interesting. I have never been much of a wildcatter, but I have always shot oddball gauges, (10, 16 and 24ga) and odd calibers (357 for deer, 307win 32 Special)

So not out of my realm at all. The 310GNR sounds like it would be what I am looking for in a cartridge. I will do some more research.

Like a similar discussion 86er started, it isn't necessarily the cartridge, (assuming you have the right cartridge for the right application) but the bullet.

My cartridge hunt would be over with the 338 Marlin express, but I don't own one yet because of the bullet. Still figuring out how to maybe reload that with a decent bullet.

The journey sometimes is more fun than the destination!!
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

Gary Reeder is a first rate guy. Just this past week he held an auction on his website and sold a gun of his own with some of his custom mods to help a guy who is in serious financial straits. The man just posted that he was about to lose everything, and within a week Gary had the auction. All of the proceeds went to help the man. I've been impressed with the things I've seen him do over the last few years.