Keep Us in Your Prayers, Boys.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Keep Us in Your Prayers, Boys.

Post by RSY »

Well, we're pulling up stakes tomorrow and moving back to Central Texas from SE Louisiana. We moved here mere weeks before Katrina hit back in '05. It has been quite an experience in the aftermath, especially in my line of work (real estate appraisal).

However, we really grew to love this place (St Tammany Parish), and are leaving some very good friends, both new and old, behind. My kids are young enough that this is the only place and people they know. I won't deny, this is one of the saddest times in my life, as well as being relieved to be going back home.

We're going back to the Big State and I'm going to try to strike out on my own in the appraisal business. Suffice it to say, I could use the prayers for at least a few years going forward. :wink: Even buying groceries is going to be a trick, at first.

One of the greatest pleasures here was that I was able to meet Hagler and his wife Carla. I spent some time with Shawn on a few occasions and they are just great, solid folks. Unfortunately, we never were able to get together for some shooting.

Heck, I didn't even hunt the entire 2.5 years while I was here. I plan to remedy that right quick once I get settled back at home. For the first time in memory, hogs have appeared on my dad's place in Kimble County. Some anti-swine ops may be in order. 8)

Thanks, again, amigos.
scott
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good luck.....give a hollar if a couple bags of groceries are needed.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

RSY: Welcome Back to Texas! Let me know if you get in a bind - I'm in Blanco county. I came back to Tejas in 2002 after 16 years - I am not leaving again. It is better here than I ever remembered, and we are glad to have you back!
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Scott,

It was a pleasure to meet you.

Thank you for all the help you have given me. ...like helping me retrieve my tools and my air compressor from my flooded house. ...then you climbed up on the roof to cap off a wind turbine stubb, so that no rain would get inside what was left of my house. Thank you for the appraisal you did of that same house. It has been of great assistance to us. You worked quite awhile to prepare that report.

I , too, wish we could have visited more often. Shooting would have been great, too. We wanted to meet your wife and children.

You are in our prayers.

Let us know when you get to your Texas home. GODspeed!

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

Good luck!
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Good luck and best thoughts!!
Break on through to the other side!!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Welcome back to TX. Although an immigrant myself, I find myself very comfortable living here. Visited today with the former (retired) game warden and reminisced about "old days", before the urban sprawl of Dallas that seems to invade every small town near a big city.

Big step, that going out on yer own! Prayers up!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up! Good luck in the move!!!
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Prayers up, of course, and welcome back to Texas!
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Prayers up! Good luck TEXAN!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Best Wishes and Welcome Home, neighbor!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Done! :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Absolutely! Hogs might be on the menu for a while but the eating is good! :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

good luck and keep us posted how the move goes and getting settled in. My prayers follow you. I had wild boar last night for dinner. Put a little EVO, white cooking wine, Barbeque sauce, worchester sauce, some spices and seasoning, mushrooms and 4 loin chops - cooked them till the sauce was ready to carmalize, served with mixed veggies and scalloped taters. MMMMMMM Definately get yourself after some hogs.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I have no worries, that you'll hit the ground running - Vaya con Dios, Compan~ero !
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Goodluck Scott!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I returned home to Texas after having been gone for many years. Youthful misadventures, motorcycles, college, the service. Good times all.

But I was glad to come home and to put down roots and raise a family in a place that is part of my heart and who I am, and I doubt that I will ever leave Texas again.

My wife unfortunately, is a Pennsylvania girl, and longs for pointless things like "weather", "trees", and "scenery", whatever those are.

I'll probably miss her.

:lol:
Last edited by FWiedner on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

FWiedner wrote: My wife unfortunately, is a Pennsylvania girl, and longs for pointless things like "weather", "trees", and "scenery", whatever those are.

I'll probably miss her.

:lol:
That was funny right there...I don't care who ya are! :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Prayers sent.

Golly Fred, Bwaaahahaha......
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

On the list, Scott . . .

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Good Luck!!

Did the self-employed thing for many years. Can be really difficult but rewarding at the same time.

Al I've ever seen of TX is the airports. Would love to spend some time there!

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Pray for traveling mercies and watch care while you're setting up.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Well, we're here. Mucho thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

The move went alright, but they were slow and a little rough with our stuff. :evil: Also, we are temporarily in a furnished weekend house of my grandparents, so our stuff is strewn between storage and here. :roll:

One unforeseen consequence has been the effect it has had on my 4.5 year-old girl. She really misses the old place and all she knew. She's really turned the corner as far as being truly conscious of her world. I guess I now have yet another set of expectations to try to meet. :) My 3 year-old is just happy that everyone's together. We (the family) are largely still the extent of her world.

Now, for the hard part...making some scratch. :shock:

scott
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

DONE. Best Wishes. 1886.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Scott,

I am glad to hear that you all made it. Thank GOD!

I used to love to move to a new house, way back when. I never really went too far from my previous house, though. Since I got married, and especially since hurricane Katrina forced us to move so many times (and so far away), I HATE to move! I like making new friends, like you, Scott :D , but the moving is a killer.

I believe that you will do quite well. You children will settle-in, too. How is your wife handling the move?

I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Welcome home, let me know if I can help out.

Semper Fi
Ricky

DWWC
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Dude, that souds like a challenging yet potentially rewarding path and I wish you all the best.
I've prayed for those pleasant little surprises to come your way and I hope they help to buoy you and yours in the coming times.

Keep on keepin on, bro.
g5m
Levergunner

Post by g5m »

Best wishes for your move. Love Texas. Family's from there.
sgtgrinche

Post by sgtgrinche »

best wishes our prayers are with you
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good Luck Scott...
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We moved 13+ times in 18 years when I was a kid. Always a new school (but for one time), new house, etc. It isn't the trauma some people think it is IF the family is strong. I don't think you have a problem there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
redhawk
Levergunner 1.0

Post by redhawk »

RSY wrote:Well, we're here. Mucho thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

The move went alright, but they were slow and a little rough with our stuff. :evil: Also, we are temporarily in a furnished weekend house of my grandparents, so our stuff is strewn between storage and here. :roll:

One unforeseen consequence has been the effect it has had on my 4.5 year-old girl. She really misses the old place and all she knew. She's really turned the corner as far as being truly conscious of her world. I guess I now have yet another set of expectations to try to meet. :) My 3 year-old is just happy that everyone's together. We (the family) are largely still the extent of her world.

Now, for the hard part...making some scratch. :shock:

scott
After some adjustment the kids will be o.k. Had the same thing happen to us a number of years ago and I was amazed at how resilient children can be; moreso than adults in many cases.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Prayers for you and your family.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin