Who's the Bigger Mouse?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Who's the Bigger Mouse?

Post by Old Ironsights »

A mouse stealing a leopard's Lunch.... !

Seemingly unaware of the beast towering over it, the tiny rodent grabbed at scraps of meat thrown into the African Leopard's enclosure. But instead of pouncing on the tiny intruder, the 12-year-old leopard Sheena kept her distance. After a few minutes she tried to nudge the mouse away with her nose, but the determined little guy kept chewing away until he was full.

The extraordinary scene was captured by photography student Casey Gutteridge at the Santago Rare Leopard Project in Hertfordshire , England . The 19-year-old, photographing the leopard for a course project, was astounded by the mouse's behavior.

He said had no idea where the mouse came from. He just appeared after the keeper had dropped in the meat for the leopard. Taking no notice of the leopard, the mouse went straight over to the meat and started eating.

Even when the leopard bent down and sniffed him, the mouse just carried on eating like nothing had happened. Even the keeper said he'd never seen anything like it before.

Project owner Jackie James added: It was so funny to see - Sheena batted the mouse a couple of times to try to get it away from her food. But the determined little thing took no notice and just carried on.

The mouse continued to eat the leopard's lunch and showed the leopard who was boss.

------------------

Great Huge Mouse Balls... :shock: :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Who's the Bigger Mouse?

Post by J Miller »

I've seen these pics before, but not the story to them. It is cute to say the least. But all it proves is the leopard is very well fed and lonely.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

AMAZING!!

i expected the punchline to be that when the mouse finished eating the leopard ate him.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Kinda reminds me when I was younger (and not so young :D ) ---all the stupid stuff I did without realizing how close I was to disaster. :D -----------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hey, the poor old leopard is probably alone in it's cage. The mouse is probably his only friend. One way to find out is to go into the cage and try and take the mouse out. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Doc Hudson wrote:AMAZING!!

i expected the punchline to be that when the mouse finished eating the leopard ate him.
I think the cat is fattening up the mouse, eh?

:lol: Grizz
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

Bad *** and "Tough" are a state of mind!! Well, it WORKED in this case didn't it?? LOL!!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

If I recall, well-fed predators tend to ignore things that aren't a threat. A mouse would hardly be a decent play-thing for a leopard, and it was obviously well-fed in the zoo. Just shows you how smart predators - and especially cats - can be! :D
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

J Miller wrote:I've seen these pics before, but not the story to them. It is cute to say the least. But all it proves is the leopard is very well fed and lonely.

Joe
Now thats a CAT!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS