OT- Willie say it ain't so...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Willie say it ain't so...

Post by Rusty »

If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: OT- Willie say it ain't so...

Post by Sixgun »

He must have a court appearance. Back in my day, whenever someone got their hair cut, they usually said,"yea, gotta go to court"

Willie sure is somethin'. He's like us a bit in his strong dislike of the Feds.---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:He must have a court appearance. Back in my day, whenever someone got their hair cut, they usually said,"yea, gotta go to court"
Willie sure is somethin'. He's like us a bit in his strong dislike of the Feds.---------Sixgun
Or to the banker for a loan...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Gay!
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I never did understand why he let his hair grow that long in the first place. What a pain to take care of.
Old Law Dawg
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

kimwcook wrote:I never did understand why he let his hair grow that long in the first place. What a pain to take care of.
Not really.

When it gets that long all you have to do is brush it back and put a band around it and you are done.

It is really less trouble than much shorter hair.

I know what I'm talking about because at one time my hair hung below my shoulder blades. The longer it got the less trouble it was.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

he was on tv the other day praising obammy thinks he's a great pres, must of been smokin the weed that day for sure.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Doc Hudson wrote:
kimwcook wrote:I never did understand why he let his hair grow that long in the first place. What a pain to take care of.
Not really.

When it gets that long all you have to do is brush it back and put a band around it and you are done.

It is really less trouble than much shorter hair.

I know what I'm talking about because at one time my hair hung below my shoulder blades. The longer it got the less trouble it was.
+1

I like it short or long... i.e. anything I don't have to comb to stay in place.

Didn't cut my hair for about 2 years after my ETS. My T4 length perfectly straight, no split-ends hair made stylists weep and women want to kill me. Never did anything to it but wash it with T-Gel dandruff shampoo and tie it back.

Finally cut it when I started looking too much like Gallagher. Never been more than a #3 flattop since.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Well, I had my share of long hair as a youngster. Never really long enough to braid, but long enough the older establishment looked at me sideways. So, I know what it's like to have semi-long hair and I still say what a pain. The only way I would say it isn't is if you didn't wash it regularly, at least every other day and I washed mine every day. Didn't know too many of the female persuasion that would let me get away without taking a daily cleaning. :D
Old Law Dawg
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Those braids will probably end up in the country music hall of fame, or on ebay. Got to be worth some money to some one.
NRA Life Member
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yea but dang, if you look at the before and after shots you gotta thing they did the haircut in the bathroom on the plane en route to Maui. I hope by the time I'm his age I can afford a decent barber when I want one.

Kid Cossack
Levergunner

Post by Kid Cossack »

I'm a sucker for Willie Nelson. I guess you could say he wrote the soundtrack to my life. From an early grounding in the Blackwood Brothers we started to listen to Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson in the early 1970s, right when I was starting to be conscious of music, and no matter what other styles of music I've listened to, at one time or another, there's always been room in my collection and on my tape deck for Willie Nelson.

If he'd never sung a note, he'd deserve a place in the Country Music Hall of Fame, just for the songs he's written. Hello Walls. Crazy. One In A Row. Night Life. Half A Man. The list could just go on and on.

I agree that his new hair cut looks home-made!
Not all who wander are lost.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

kimwcook wrote:Well, I had my share of long hair as a youngster. Never really long enough to braid, but long enough the older establishment looked at me sideways. So, I know what it's like to have semi-long hair and I still say what a pain. The only way I would say it isn't is if you didn't wash it regularly, at least every other day and I washed mine every day. Didn't know too many of the female persuasion that would let me get away without taking a daily cleaning. :D

When it is between shaggy enough to peeve the elders and long enough to tie back, long hair can be a right PIA.

After it gets long enough to tie back it is no more trouble than a crew cut.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Image Image
UNITE!
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Please hold the de-Braiding comments, maybe some of his ac-Tress friends wanted the new style. Oh well Hair today, gone tomorrow.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Willie likes his weed for sure, darn good song writer and I applaud his trying to help the farmers with farm aid concerts and I like him but with that said Willie is still a 1/4 bubble off plumb. danny
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Doc said:

---
I hear a lot of justifying going on here :-). The *very fact* of having (or otherwise wanting) to tie it back means it's inherently more trouble than a crew cut. Everything is more trouble than a crew cut, by definition. Friends in college--except the unkempt ones or about a third--were always washing, brushing, combing 'n preening. Unless you don't wash daily or every other day as mentioned (please at least :-)) it's got to be more trouble. Btw, Willie did apparently say - to paraphrase "tired of the maintenance."

To set the record straight, I am hair-challenged--not bald but balding--and would probably give my eye teeth (o have Willies' or your guys locks--even with maintenance! Been fairly short-shorn most of my life. While in college I hung with my bros all with long hair--and envied them their Glenn Frey locks the girls seemed to swoon over for some reason--I never could grow hair (or beard) long "well"...when I did try, PIA maintenance and ended up with Flying Nun wings or, at best (?) looking like the blonde guy on CHIPS anyway! (Part of that was probably the college kid budget (friends') "haircuts"). So I kept it fairly short just so as to not look too dorky, but still got referred to as. "the Boy Scout" for looking dorky the other way anyway!
Kid Cossack
Levergunner

Post by Kid Cossack »

I haven't washed my hair in almost a year.

Wait, I should clarify that---I haven't washed my hair with shampoo in almost a year. I wash it every day in the shower, with hot or cold water (depending on my mood). It got pretty greasy and gunky in the first couple of weeks, but then it adjusted to not having the harsh chemicals strip off its natural oil, and pretty much regulated its oiliness!

Shampoo: another thing they tell you that you need, because it's what they make, and if they can't sell you stuff, they can't make any money, but you don't really need it---or at least, I don't.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yep kid and they doubled their profits with just one word in the directions... REPEAT.

As in lather, rinse, repeat. You're doing it twice, right?

I let mine grown long enough till I can't stand it any more, then wack it all off and shave what's left. Then... repeat. I ain't payin $15 for a hair cut.

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

gak wrote:Doc said:

---
I hear a lot of justifying going on here :-). The *very fact* of having (or otherwise wanting) to tie it back means it's inherently more trouble than a crew cut. Everything is more trouble than a crew cut, by definition. Friends in college--except the unkempt ones or about a third--were always washing, brushing, combing 'n preening. Unless you don't wash daily or every other day as mentioned (please at least :-)) it's got to be more trouble.

Not for me. Wash & tie back. No combs, no brushes, no hassles.
To set the record straight, I am hair-challenged--not bald but balding--and would probably give my eye teeth (o have Willies' or your guys locks--even with maintenance! Been fairly short-shorn most of my life. While in college I hung with my bros all with long hair--and envied them their Glenn Frey locks the girls seemed to swoon over for some reason--I never could grow hair (or beard) long "well"...when I did try, PIA maintenance and ended up with Flying Nun wings or, at best (?) looking like the blonde guy on CHIPS anyway! (Part of that was probably the college kid budget (friends') "haircuts"). So I kept it fairly short just so as to not look too dorky, but still got referred to as. "the Boy Scout" for looking dorky the other way anyway!
Sounds like you just don't have the "right kind" of hair. Mine is (was), apparantly the "right kind". When stylists asked me what I did with my hair (conditioner, etc) and I told them "nothing but tar shampoo" they would call me a liar... but it's true.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I still say he looks gay now. Like a young girly troll or something. Scary. :o

Take a look at the before and after pics and tell me you don't agree.

And he says bam bam is a great president? That's sick - he's definately lost it.

I think he should go retro and back to his early days:

NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

he wrote a few great songs....like crazy
but he cant sing...
he cant play the guitar....
and he smokes way to much weed....
and he does not know how to vote either....
he is a joke
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Kid Cossack wrote:I'm a sucker for Willie Nelson. I guess you could say he wrote the soundtrack to my life. From an early grounding in the Blackwood Brothers we started to listen to Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson in the early 1970s, right when I was starting to be conscious of music, and no matter what other styles of music I've listened to, at one time or another, there's always been room in my collection and on my tape deck for Willie Nelson.

If he'd never sung a note, he'd deserve a place in the Country Music Hall of Fame, just for the songs he's written. Hello Walls. Crazy. One In A Row. Night Life. Half A Man. The list could just go on and on.

I agree that his new hair cut looks home-made!
+1 He's WILLIE! fer crying out loud. I don't go for all of his politics, but he'd be the first to say he's nobody's guru on that stuff. Saw him perform 5 or so years ago, and anybody who can get out there and do it, day in and day out like he does is some kind of force to be reckoned with. I was rockin out to his tunes on a 200 mile drive today. Had the sides of the van thumpin and I didn't give a good da(rn) who liked it. "Lone Star belt buckles and old faded Levis and each night begins a new day. If you don't understand him and he don't die young, he'll prob'ly just ride away..." (one of the greatest lines of music ever strung together.....) I got a soft spot for "Me and Paul" and "Seven Spanish Angels" (duet with Ray Charles) as well.
Certified gun nut
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

RIHMFIRE wrote:he wrote a few great songs....like crazy
but he cant sing...
he cant play the guitar....
and he smokes way to much weed....
and he does not know how to vote either....
he is a joke

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Need a good proctologist?
Certified gun nut
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I got sidetracked on the hair issue in my earlier posts and forgot to mention this:

IMO, Willie Nelson is one of the greatest singer/song writers ever to bend a guitar string. he is also an fine showman who puts on a great concert, and not a bad actor.

I've lost track of the number of copies of Red-Headed Stranger I've worn out over the years.

Image Image
UNITE!
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

You gotta love "The Highwaymen"
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Kid Cossack
Levergunner

Post by Kid Cossack »

Since we're talking about Willie Nelson, and since Doc brought up Red Headed Stranger---which was a great movie, made from an even better concept album---how can we forget Barbarosa?

"They cut off my ears, Karl."

For me, Barbarosa (1982) represents the return of the Western, predating Silverado (1985). I still remember seeing it in the theater, and it's one of those movies that, if it's playing, I can sit down and watch at any point of the movie. Heck, Gary Busey wasn't bad in it either, and I didn't see nary a SAA or a 1892 in the whole movie!

Look, I'm not asserting any universal rules here about Willie Nelson---I can understand if people don't like him, I'm just explaining why I do like him.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Willy is a political ninny in my book but what he does do well is write and perform. I have seen people stand (even some rather old folks) for 5 hours to see his concert. I have seen him in large and very small venues and he put out the same effort for both.

As to hair, well I have other things to worry about.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Hobie wrote:Willy is a political ninny in my book but what he does do well is write and perform. I have seen people stand (even some rather old folks) for 5 hours to see his concert. I have seen him in large and very small venues and he put out the same effort for both.

As to hair, well I have other things to worry about.

Hobie, when the wife and I went to see Willie at a fairly small venue (hockey arena) a few years ago, we kinda snuck around back to where the busses were parked, and watched as his bus pulled up and he went inside the building (we were like 30 feet away). What totally blew my mind was the phalanx of security guards (He hired Hells Angels of NYC for security) to keep out a scrum of groupies, most of em 70 yr old ladies who would killed each other happily to get to touch him. One old gal we talked to had been following his concert tour, seats down front at over $100 a pop at each show), for TWO YEARS, never missing a show, etc. Another guy was there with his great grandson, and both of em knew every word of every song. Ya just don't find that every day.

But like the man himself sings "Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him. He ain't wrong, he's just different, but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right...."
Certified gun nut
Kid Cossack
Levergunner

Post by Kid Cossack »

adirondakjack wrote: (Snip!)
But like the man himself sings "Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him. He ain't wrong, he's just different, but his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right...."

That's one of my favorite lines, right there.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Kid Cossack wrote:
adirondakjack wrote: (Snip!)

That's one of my favorite lines, right there.
Both my ex-wives grew to hate that line. I guess they couldn't see the difference between their idea of 'wrng' and 'different."

Image Image
UNITE!
Kid Cossack
Levergunner

Post by Kid Cossack »

Doc Hudson wrote:
Both my ex-wives grew to hate that line. I guess they couldn't see the difference between their idea of 'wrng' and 'different."
Not just a problem with wives or ex-wives, in this world.