Get em ready!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Get em ready!

Post by madman4570 »

Get the good ole 3" 12 gaugers back out and polished up.
Check out whats coming down the pike next year-------a new 820 grain 12ga. slug load from Buffalo Bore.
Hearing "rumors" that this is one super hard projectile that will be a elephant stopper/dropper.(wont reveal where,so dont ask)but should make the 12 Paradox take a back seat :idea: :?:

Trying to maybe one up the Dixie Slugs?????????
See #5 on the What's new for 2011 stuff below--------
http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l= ... _list&c=58
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: Get em ready!

Post by Buck Elliott »

Well.... Since the stone-age folks in this area pretty well did away with anything resembling elephants (mammoths & mastodons), I'll keep my hoarded supply of Brenneke 600-gr. slugs, and my stockpile of 3" 000 Buck loads...

They should take care of any first-tier mammalian adversaries.

OTOH, Kudos to Tim for always pushing the envelope, and bringing us new and exciting playthings. Maybe I'm finally old enough to realize I don't have to follow the call of the "New & Improved" sirens any more.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Buck,
Yeah, I use the Brenneke Green Lightnings in my Ithaca Deerslayers. 2.75" lengths at that.
I do have a Stoeger Uplander 12ga.3" double I was going to have rifling cut/barrel bobbed,but think I will just get the new Stoeger Outback.
Already at 20" and rifle sights.I just want to see about having both barrels both be at point of aim/and rifling put in.

How cool though, a handy little double"Rifle"when rifled, and shooting 825 grainers.(I want 825gr punch bullets)
Do I really need it. :lol: :?:
Yeah! :idea: (What if I wake up late at night, and a Big/Bad and MAD circus elephant escaped and is in my living room??????) :o

Buck, On a serious note: Prayers still continuing for your dear wife kathe! :(
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D 8) I really love the idea of 820 grain slugs! I already shoot Brenneke 3" Black Magic slugs (600 grains) and have always wanted more weight........Ohhhh I can't wait !

Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

madman4570 wrote::idea: (What if I wake up late at night, and a Big/Bad and MAD circus elephant escaped and is in my living room??????) :o :(
have you been watching marx brothers movies again?
one of my favorite lines[sort of].

last night i killed an elephant in my pyjamas.........

.......how he got in my pyjamas, i'll never know. :lol:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Well, not sure about about back seat but will certainly move my paradox over to the passenger side. the site says 3 inch and 2inch, wonder if that is a misprint and it means 2 1/2 inch?
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

rjohns94 wrote:Well, not sure about about back seat but will certainly move my paradox over to the passenger side. the site says 3 inch and 2inch, wonder if that is a misprint and it means 2 1/2 inch?

Really those paradox guns like your's are unreal(awesome)and that back seat stuff was just my kludged joking comparison Mike.They worked then and will always work. :wink:

Yeah,I wondered the same about the 2inch deal (2.75" or maybe meant 3 1/2 inch?????)

Thats why I am waiting for the exact details(if its 3 1/2" then I will be getting a Beretta O/U 686 3.5"

I am going to be different "yeah, I know I already am" (I want a over/under)single selective trigger.

22" rifled barrels with adjustable rifle open sights.
I want those Belt Mountain Punch 825gr bullets too. (dont care if those bullets are REALLY expensive ,want those BAD.)

Yeah I know guys?????????? "more money than brains" That's what I really want BAD!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I never got too excited about 12 ga slugs. In my area either rifle or black powder so I never thought much about slugs. I have hunted with a shotgun but only if I was pushing a swamp etc where everything was up close and personal then I used 00 buck followed by a slug. that was when I was young and foolish, now I am old and lazy so I let the kids chase and I sit on the edges of the swamps etc with my Savage 99 and pick the deer off. :D :D
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I figure these new slug loads are for the fanged-and-clawed varmints one is apt to run into on occasion. They seem a little heavy and redundant for deer loads...

And if you were charged by a run-amok Mac truck..........
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That comes out to 1.8 oz. WOW! what could stop that load?

I don't even know anyone that's ever recovered a standard 12 ga slug that I know of. Most of them are a complete pass through.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Just imagine---------------------------------

You have this quick pointing/shooting double that I will now say is really basically a .729 rifle.
A BIG brass 3.5 inch case with a BIG 825 grain turned brass punch bullet.)
I will be calling my gun------------.729 tsunami
Yep, hunting buddy is tagging along his .500 Nitro Double and you say to him while patting his back:
"Don't worry friend, with the right bullet placement those little guns still will work!
Flip a black bear like shooting a crow with a 12ga :o

I think I have Goosebumps! :oops: :mrgreen: Finally enough gun for the big stuff in Pa :D

It can be done.
Look up what Ed Hubel is doing with em.
http://www.biggamehunt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14730
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Not to be a 1-uper, but I have some of these on the way to load and test.

http://www.europeancartridgeunlimited.c ... sslug.html

I have to say, I'm downright scared of a 975 grain 3.5" 12 ga slug :shock:

I will, of course, post pics of the resulting bruise.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Jason_W wrote:Not to be a 1-uper, but I have some of these on the way to load and test.

http://www.europeancartridgeunlimited.c ... sslug.html

I have to say, I'm downright scared of a 975 grain 3.5" 12 ga slug :shock:

I will, of course, post pics of the resulting bruise.
You couldn't pay me to fire off one of those or the new BB slugs either. OUCH!! I fired one 3" federal in my Win 1300 and it about put me on my 185 lbs butt. You boys have fun. I'll sit on the sidelines and run the camera for ya!

LK
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Jason,

Please! Keep us updated on this.
I really am very interested in this exact type bullet from the shotgun(and from a smoothbore)OMG
Wonder what the exact bullet weights are minus the stabilizer etc??????(cant be much less)

Trust me, I would love to hear all the detailed/specifics on this.(pm me or whatever)

I have got to believe these would really do well in the Linebaugh penetration tests also.

Can't wait for you to work your magic! And I love to be 1 upped like this!

Think of it this way-------------When you grab the good ole 7.5" Ruger Super BlackHawk with the standard box of the factory Remington 240JHP loads and go the to range and pop a whatever at 100yds that 44mag seems pretty darn powerful.
so a 240 gr JHP at 1180fps NOW-------------------
a 975 gr machined brass bullet at 1250fps or 700gr at 1450fos or the 570 at 1550fps Holly Molly

THANK YOU!
Last edited by madman4570 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

brenneke 2/34 slugs have been killing elephants for 100 years. options are always nice, but dead is dead.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Yeah,but Wow----------------- :D :mrgreen:
I am kinda of a extreme type liking kind of guy! :lol:
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

quote="madman4570"]Yeah,but Wow----------------- :D :mrgreen:
I am kinda of a extreme type liking kind of guy! :lol:[/quote]
8),enjoy!
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

madman4570 wrote:Jason,

Please! Keep us updated on this.
I really am very interested in this exact type bullet from the shotgun(and from a smoothbore)OMG
Wonder what the exact bullet weights are minus the stabilizer etc??????(cant be much less)

Trust me, I would love to hear all the detailed/specifics on this.(pm me or whatever)

I have got to believe these would really do well in the Linebaugh penetration tests also.

Can't wait for you to work your magic! And I love to be 1 upped like this!

Think of it this way-------------When you grab the good ole 7.5" Ruger Super BlackHawk with the standard box of the factory Remington 240JHP loads and go the to range and pop a whatever at 100yds that 44mag seems pretty darn powerful.
so a 240 gr JHP at 1180fps NOW-------------------
a 975 gr machined brass bullet at 1250fps or 700gr at 1450fos or the 570 at 1550fps Holly Molly

THANK YOU!
I'm pretty psyched as well. I just hope they arrive before my wife and I move and things get all crazy.

I'm going to cut some oak or maple slabs for testing penetration. I'll muster up some dough for a few gel tests too.

It's odd, while a 3.5" 12 ga round has stout recoil, it doesn't bother me as much as a .30-06. Probably due to the amount of time over which the recoil is distributed.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

The paradox is 740 grain, .735 diameter made of soft lead. those rounds look really promising for just about anything. I can't shoot them in my paradox, even if they were 2.5 inch because the wads are plastic. I probably won't switch over but I would really like to a range report. KEWL Beans. Madman, your the man!!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mike,
Na-----------------You be twice the man I am!
And one of the nicest/most honorable men I have ever had the pleasure to blog with! :wink:

You----------- really be da man! :mrgreen: A man I respect greatly!