OT- Strange old photo of three cow boys from Kansas?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
B-lever

Re: OT- Strange old photo of three cow boys from Kansas?

Post by B-lever »

Might be a well-to-do family from overseas traveling around the the US. The 3 boys dressed up to amaze their friends at home.
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

notice how the two with the pistols are holding them, don't know of any cowboy who would hold his pistol that way not even in a picture and yes the shirts just seem wrong and how many clean shaven cowboys do you know, ones I have seen always seem to have a day or two of growth. You know working cows isn't a sit at the desk type job.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

Hey Rocky, why dont you just ask Mr. Peabody who those guys are?
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Buck Elliott wrote:
765x53 wrote:In western Missouri and eastern Kansas, Peabody means coal. I say, eastern European miners.
Welsh or Irish...

Mayhaps they got seperated from Oscar Wilde's traveling circus...???

(if there were ever young men who defined "fish out of water," it would be those three...)
More like Croatian or Armenian. They don't call Southeast Kansas "Little Balkans" for nothing.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Who knows...?

Maybe, if the photographer handed me a little dinky pistol like the guy on the left is holding, just to have my picture made, I might hold it just the same way... or not...!?!

My gut still tells me it is just a trio of wide-eyed wonders -- fish out of water -- who wanted to win friends and influence people back home -- wherever home may have been.

Their eyes tell as much about them as anything in the picture. Clothes and props are all studio issue, but those eyes, are the real window to their being, full of "new" and empty of experience.

By the mid 1880s, long hair had pretty much gone out of style, among the general populations of the West. Always in the way of a man's work, and way too much trouble and upkeep for hard-working folks.

Just another 2-cents worth...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...