Looking for a Marlin 30-30 D/FW area

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Looking for a Marlin 30-30 D/FW area

Post by TX50Cal »

Need some help guys. I have a youngster at Church that is going through a few things. Having a hard time with his parents adopting 2 more boys. I had a talk with him the other night, since I was adopted, and I think he understands now. During our talk, he stated he really wanted a 30-30. I would like to find a decent Marlin that I could refinish for him but money is real tight right now. Anyone know of one for sale or have one gathering dust that they could let go cheap for a good kid? Let me know and maybe we could work out a deal.
Dave in TX
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Dave, I don't know of one off hand but will keep an eye out for one. What kind of price range are you looking for?
Ricky

DWWC
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

Looking for around $150. I know thats low but he can't afford much and neither can I:) Any old 30-30 would do, I can refinish the wood. Thanks for the help.
Dave in TX
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

BUMP. Glenfield would be OK too.
Dave in TX
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...here is a fixer-upper that is just about sold:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=90159454

It is not mine, and it is in TEXAS.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Just so I get this straight...

You want to give a troubled, upset-off teenager a gun because he's feeling lonely and left out?

I can appreciate your wanting to help out a good kid, but I believe I'd sit on this one for a while.

:shock:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

You want to give a troubled, upset-off teenager a gun because he's feeling lonely and left out?

NO, I want to give a good kid a gun since we go hunting together. He is not troubled and upset off he was just having a hard time dealing with new people in the house, same as you or I would. Don't try to turn this into a Columbine like kid. He's a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. Why do all your posts seem to deal in the negative?
Dave in TX