What if's/your next possible purchase?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
n2t
Levergunner 2.0

Re: What if's/your next possible purchase?

Post by n2t »

12 guage mossberg 500 bantom youth for me. Already half paid off and on order, I am tired of my field grade beating me up cause the LOP is too long and if I shorten it the 28" bbl is just ungainly. It'll cost me more to buy a new bbl and shorten the stock than to just buy the new gun so that's the plan.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

I am trying to purchase a 12gauge Remington 1100 Premier Sporting Series shotgun but all the wholesalers seem to be sold out right now.
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

If I could afford it I would really like to get one of the new S&W M58. Looks like I will just have to keep on wishing though :cry:
KentuckyLevrgunr
Levergunner

Post by KentuckyLevrgunr »

I've been looking into carry guns. I'm down to the Ruger LCR or the SP101 in .357 with the 2 1/4" barrel. Always a trade off between size/weight and stopping power :roll:
There's two kinds of lever action rifles - those designed by J.M. Browning, and those that are inferior.
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

My next purchase will most likely be a Marlin 1895 GBL in 45-70. :D
If I am able to find one.
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

My wish list is simple, never ending and could be expensive.

1. A quality 12 or 20 ga. SxS mule eared shotgun. I don't need it but it is one of those guns I've always wanted.

2. A custom 1911, probably a blue Les Baer Commander model.

3. A quality single shot rifle, probably a Ruger No.1, but with a short (22") heavy barrel, open sights in .308. Sounds boring but I've always wanted a single shot in a modern caliber that I already have and load for and I can't get a Sharps in that caliber.

4. A custom double rifle. Specifications are yet to be determined.

5. A Ruger Redhawk in .357. I have a .44 and I want to send both to Hamilton Bowen and have him do his magic.

The other thing I am doing with my small collection is paring it down by selling some of the unused guns I have, mostly plastic semi-auto handguns and replacing most of them with quality older revolvers. Revolvers produced before lawyers and political correctness hit the gun market.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Tires and a major service for the Goldwing.... :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mitch1352
Levergunner

Post by Mitch1352 »

Either another M1A or a Stoner SR-25. Probably the M1A cuz I love steel and walnut, but I haven't decided. Kinda had a hankering for another SSK barrel for my G2 TC. Looking at a .309JDJ. I have a 6.5 and a .375, so I can't imagine why I want another caliber...these 2 have me covered.
Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

I think I am going to pick up my Marlin 336bbl today. I have it on layaway. I am going to sell a couple guns this year that I havn't used in a while. This will fund a couple guns that I will use.
Karl
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

I keep thinking about a Rossi 92, with casehardened frame--carbine--in 44-40. One of the things holding me back is that on a couple of websites--I think this one and Cast Boolets, I'm sensing that the bores on these are .429 or bigger. I'd want a bore more close to the original, and would shoot cast bullets only out of it. I don't want to go through the trouble of fooling around making oversize cast bullets fit a bore more suited to an oversize 44 magnum.
coachise
Levergunner

Post by coachise »

ok...I'm gonna get a Colt SAA...and I mean it this time. Yeh, they're probably overpriced, but not they're not getting any cheaper. I have to have one before I head to the great prairie in the sky. Sorry, Bill Ruger.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Er
It's off topic
but a 1911 is what I want or is that need next. :)
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Well, I went into my local firarms emporium to get a box of Leverevolution in .357. I wanted to try them in the Rossi 1892 i got in January. Well, I DID NOT GET ANY BULLETS! I did spend $300 to put these three on layaway:
1. Marlin 1894 in .357 with scope(I forgot which brand) $399
2. Winchester Model 1903 .22automatic(not .22lr) $475
3. Colt AR-15 .223Rem $899
I know, it's an illness, but they were all between 90 to 95%, I had been wanting the 1894 and AR for awhile and the little 1903 was just way cool, it kept saying: buy me, buy me, and the prices after dickering seemed ok. So that's the next ones I want. 8)
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Tutt you still don't have a .22, do you? Get on it!

There are a few things I might do, but don't need to.

I like the idea of the Henry Mini Bolt .22 which is a scoped bolt gun with no magazine - it's a single shot bolt. That's all I wanted for my first gun and couldn't find a single-shot bolt 22 at the time, except for the Marlin youth model. So I got into leverguns instead.

I also like the idea of a Marlin XLR in 35 Rem. Different from the carbine if I decide to go the way of the 35. Not crazy about the stainless and laminated stock, maybe they will start doing them in black and blue. I guess I could stain the stock black if I wanted to.

I also kind of want to have my 30-30 reamed out to 30-35, only instead of doing it to .358, have it done to .357. Then use cast .358 bullets in it and solve some headaches. Or hunt with it using .357 Barnes XPB's. But if I can get a nice lead bullet load in 30-30 maybe I won't bother. Just an idea.

I also might get a second Marlin 1894c, and scope it for the indoor range. What I'm going to try first, since I have the Weaver detatchable rings, is just take the dang scope off for silhouette matches and put it back on for trips to the indoor range. If the zero is a little off it won't matter for trigger time (it's the groups that count). I can do my .22 the same way, if I decide not to get the Mini-Bolt.

I also need one last ukulele, and a large diaphragm condenser mic.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Guess my next purchase will be a coffin cause, for the life of me, I can't think of another gun I want, let alone need. If I shot one a week, I wouldn't make a full rotation in a year, as it is. Might start looking for some young fellers that would appreciate some cool stuff and part with some of it. Don't have any kids and my great nephews are all eastern panty-wastes ( not that just "eastern" makes them so...just their liberal upbringing)
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

With you all the way cochise, am picking up on friday a 3rd gen SAA Colt in 45 Colt. 5.5 inch barrel blued case hardened.
Been hankering a long time and as I am in my twilight years thought its time to spend on myself for a change. After that I am looking for a really good 92 in 38/40, then a 12 gauge SxS coach gun. They are achievable goals I reckon. I dream of another Colt SAA in 38/40 3rd gen. It might happen.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Trying to sell or trade a couple "extra guns" for a dillon 550, but it isn't going as well as I had hoped. So I may just buy the dumb thing who knows. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

I just bought a remington 760 in 270 that was made in 1953, it's in great condition and cost less than $300.00. I think I need a couple more.

Mack
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

2X22 wrote:4 5/8" Ruger .44 Special.

2x22
That was Feb. 16th.

I got it on April 3rd............. :mrgreen:

Next? I'm thinking about a High-Point though I know nothing about them, either positive or negative.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
KSRtrd

Post by KSRtrd »

The Ruger 50th anniverary 44mag is a great temptation. That 6 gun looks like it is ment to be used.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

It's down to one of the following....

Savage 93 Thumbhole in .17 HMR
Ruger MkII Target or Hunter pistol in .22LR
Marlin 1895 in 45/70

But I'm always on the lookout for a nice Ruger #1 in 30-06 or 7x57. Or a Marlin 39A.

But for some strange reason, I've been eyeballing that new R25 from Remington in 7mm-08. A camo AR. Go figure.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Leverluver wrote:Guess my next purchase will be a coffin cause, for the life of me, I can't think of another gun I want, let alone need. If I shot one a week, I wouldn't make a full rotation in a year, as it is. Might start looking for some young fellers that would appreciate some cool stuff and part with some of it. Don't have any kids and my great nephews are all eastern panty-wastes ( not that just "eastern" makes them so...just their liberal upbringing)
I'm a little worried about you Bro, sure you're not running a fever? :wink: A very wise sage once told me that when guns and women are concerned NEED is generally NOT the primary driving force.

My next gun purchase will be either a Uberti Hi-Wall in .45-70 or a Miroku "Winchester" '95 SRC in .30-40 Krag, whichever turns up cheapest when I have the money saved up. But.........

I just saw a SWEET lil' Uberti Rolling Block in .357 and a Beretta/Uberti Schofield in .38spec and a Uberti '75 Remington in .357 and a .................. :lol:

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I got the rolling block
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I'm probably going to start laying the money out for one of these three:

Shiloh Sharps in 45/70
Big Horn Armory 500 Smith
Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

bulldog1935 wrote:I got the rolling block
Sweet huh?

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Roland
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Roland »

1892 Rossi in .44mag, 20" with round barrel, it's pretty much definite. Same goes for a S&W 629 Classic in .44mag
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

firefuzz wrote:
bulldog1935 wrote:I got the rolling block
Sweet huh?

Rob
Haven't handled it yet, but looking forward to it.
Know I can't shoot through the irons, and haven't decided what to do about the sights.
I'm thinking it won't look right with a tang sight - it also has a very long tang, so it would need a long sight.
The Marble's I've seen listed for it has a long, long post
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=137294

It might look better with a Pope sight tapped to different holes toward the front of the tang.
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,3193.html

I'm thinking about maybe the Leatherwood 17" 3x Malcolm scope.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=199639
(I know, it's $10 cheaper at buffalo arms)

the other option is a receiver peep sight.
Any recommendations here?
here's the rifle:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =163704275
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Well, I came into a little extra money, so I paid off my three layaways. I just ordered A Pioneer Arms SxS shotgun which should come in next week. American Rifleman rated it very highly and I am half Polish so I Just had to have it as it is made in Poland. After that I am trying to make up my mind between a USFA single action with my name engraved on the backstrap. I would get it from Longhunter with his action job. My other choice is a third generation Colt SAA which is unfired. It is in .44-40 and is nickel with walnut grips. What do you guys think, Colt or USFA? Oh Yeah, the Colt is $1350 aand the USFA is $1122. If I added nickel and walnut grips it would be more than the Colt. All opinions welcomed. just be nice, I don't mean to start a war between Colt and USFA. :P
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

need a .22 handgun. Thinking about Beretta 21A. Maybe a small 2" revolver. Something small........
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

86er wrote:need a .22 handgun. Thinking about Beretta 21A. Maybe a small 2" revolver. Something small........
If you have a glock subcompact laying around, just get an Advantage Arms kit for it... I had one on my 27 and it worked quite well.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Molasses
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Molasses »

Don't know why, but a Ruger .357/9mm convertable Blackhawk has been on my mind lately.
Molasses
SASS #925 Life
NRA Life
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Well, I got one today and it wasn't even on the list. Got a Mod.94 Trapper in 44 mag. today. I am truly smitten by this little rifle. It has the Frankenstein cross bolt but I still could not pass it up. Also has the sling swivels on it but I think I my take those off and fill in the hole. Took off the carrying handle :wink: .It looks to be near new in the action/bore. Pics and range report to come soon.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

El Chivo, just catching up to my own post. Seems it does not want to go away. Wow. I had the pleasure of shooting the 22 Mag out of a prototype weapon built by Dick Casull, and I have to say that I would very much like to own a levergun in said caliber, most likely a Henry.

But overall, I'm still a "big bore" guy and I have other guns I want to purchase first, particularly a shotgun. But I see a 22 mag levergun in my future!

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Tutt,
Saw this baby and thought of you friend! :wink:

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/admin ... emID=25425
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Well, I have two firearms on layaway at my local gun emporium, so I guess they are my next possible purchase: Ruger Hawkeye in .264 Win Mag, as nib 99% and a new Henry Golden Boy in .17hmr. Nemhed, you might look at a Henry Lever Carbine, it has the 16" barrel but has the adult stock and the larger lever loop. I have one and it is great for squirrels at 40yds or so. Even with my old eyes and iron sights if I can get one to sit still for a few seconds I don't miss. God Bless.
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I'm still recovering from the latest 1886 .45-90 and 3 M1 Garands I bought in the last 6 weeks, but I found a 1894 .38-55 SRC made in 1928 that is calling me. Must resist..... :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Mike D. wrote:I'm still recovering from the latest 1886 .45-90 and 3 M1 Garands I bought in the last 6 weeks, but I found a 1894 .38-55 SRC made in 1928 that is calling me. Must resist..... :)
well, where is this nice old '94? maybe one of us can save you the pain of another purchase so soon? :D
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Roland
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Roland »

Roland wrote:1892 Rossi in .44mag, 20" with round barrel, it's pretty much definite. Same goes for a S&W 629 Classic in .44mag
My possible purchase became my last purchase:
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

awp101 wrote:Let's see...

I need to get my Swede Mauser sporter project sorted, start gathering parts for a M1903 restoration and a 1903A3 sporter project and that settles it for rifles.

I'd like a full size .45ACP 1911 as a parts swapping learning tool (like an RIA or the like), an Officer's sized to try out and a full sized .38 Super. If I don't like the Super I can get a 9x19 and/or 9x23 barrel to fool with. Maybe even a new ejector and .400 CorBon barrel, who knows? :mrgreen: That probably settles it for handguns.

I'd LOVE an Advantage Arms Target .22LR conversion for the 1911 but I can't justify the cost for what would be a really high end plinker in my hands. :oops: I do need one of the standard conversions for my G19 though. Too bad they're all backordered 14+ weeks. :cry:

Of course I need to move what I have listed in the FS Forum first.... :wink: :lol:
Since this has been brought back up, I thought it would be fun to revisit what I thought I wanted.

The Swede and 1903 resto are gone and the 1903 sporter is on the far back burner. The 1911 bug has receded but it's still in the background. I wound up with a Tactical Solutions 1911 conversion since I found one at a really good price.

At this point, the Super Single Six I picked up has got the fire burning for a short barrel .357 BH (4 5/8"?) and I wouldn't be opposed to a .357/9mm convertable. Another .22 semi-auto pistol would be fun.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Roland, is that a mat stainless finish on that gun??? Boy, does that look good. You owe me a key board for the one that just got ruined due to "death by slobber". -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

since I posted on this earlier, i got the m1 carbine and tricked it out. going to trade it back to my brother. I talked about the paradox, but since I have one, I have grown very much attached to it. I don't need another. I then thought i wanted the 50 BMG but the guy backed out of the deal, I was bummed but I recovered. lol My next will be an Ed Brown .308 M40 bolt gun. Fully tricked out to marine sniper rifle specs. ( I pick it up tomorrow) :wink:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Roland
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Roland »

CowboyTutt wrote:Roland, is that a mat stainless finish on that gun??? Boy, does that look good. You owe me a key board for the one that just got ruined due to "death by slobber". -Tutt
Yes it's a glass bead blast finish. The gun is a regular 629 Classic worked over by a German company called Wischo that recently went out of business, this gun and others where sold of when the company went under at much reduced prices too.
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I just sent Bill Goodman a reserved check for another Shiloh Sharps. This one in 50-70. He's having some non-catalogued rifles made up specifically for hunters.
rusty gunns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rusty gunns »

It's been a really good couple of months for me. I sold a few of my flintlocks (Sorry Matt Avance from TVM) which gave me some "Gun Money". (Don't tell Mama!!)

June - picked up a Marlin 89 in 38-40. Fair to good. Great bore, just have to find the right load.

July- Another 89 I couldn't pass up. This one made in "91" and in 44-40. It is near Excellent and looked 15 years old. (probably a very old re-do) The bore is better than most of my arteries! Wasn't going to buy the sweetheart, but it knew my Bank account number.

July again- A Winchester SRC in 38-55 made in 1901. Bore is excellent, and she loves 8 gr of Trail Boss almost as much as 17 gr of 5744. Tube was cut down to 3 rounds but she is a real honest gun. I have a full tube and will be bring her back.

And ... "Ta-Da"... along with that first 89 I picked up my dream gun - a Winchester 73 second model in 44-40 made in "81" in V good condition.
-Took the 73 to my last cowboy shoot and the old girl is a tack driver. Shot black powder (38+ gr loads) all day without a single hiccup.

I'm still cooing like a teenager with his first woody.

Looks like my Uberti's will be visiting Gunbroker.

( I hear you Hobie... pictures to follow) :wink:
The problem using historical quotes in your signature is that there is no way to verify its authenticity.
-Abraham Lincoln

Pair of Colt 73 44-40 (1897)
Parker Bros 10 Gauge (1878)
Winchester 73 44-40 (1881)
Marlin 89 38-40 (1891) Marlin 89 44-40 (1891)
Win 92 38-40 (1892)
Win 92 Short Rifle 44-40 (1901)