OT- Northerners are full of S _ _ _ !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Northerners are full of S _ _ _ !

Post by vancelw »

Full of SNOW! (Yep, that's a four-letter word)

You're letting it spill all over the place :o

I expect y'all to keep a better grip on this stuff and keep it where it belongs.

Look what was waiting on me when I got home.
driveway.jpg
The stoopid white stuff is covering up my Texas flag. That's just not right.
truck.jpg
I must report that the Air Conditioner is cooling just fine.
AC works.jpg
This 6 inches was over an hour ago. I expect we will have almost twice this much by morning.
6 inches deep.jpg
Ok. I've seen it now. It's time for it to go away. :lol:
I'm just mad because I can't go deer hunting. Thank you for letting me vent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vancelw on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Hobie

Re: Northerners are full of S _ _ _ !

Post by Hobie »

6" is perfect tracking snow.... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Northerners are full of S _ _ _ !

Post by 2ndovc »

Just sharing the wealth amigo!! :D

Really glad I squeeked down there and back between storms!

Get your snow shoes out and have some fun!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Vance, that's what my house looked like today. I just got in my first wreck since I got my drivers license over 10 yrs ago. My car wouldn't stop, and it was either hit a 3/4 ton Dodge with a Ranch Hand, or a pole. I chose the pole. Happened right at the entrance to our sub-division, so everyone driving by could see. Embarrassing, to say the least. :oops: The last thing I needed right now was to shell out a $500 deductible.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

shooter wrote:Vance, that's what my house looked like today. I just got in my first wreck since I got my drivers license over 10 yrs ago. My car wouldn't stop, and it was either hit a 3/4 ton Dodge with a Ranch Hand, or a pole. I chose the pole. Happened right at the entrance to our sub-division, so everyone driving by could see. Embarrassing, to say the least. :oops: The last thing I needed right now was to shell out a $500 deductible.

I slid right through a red light last night in front of a police officer. He turned on his lights and pulled me over.
He was laughing when he came to my window. Said he had to pull me over because everybody else was
pointing at me (even though the schmucks knew what happened).
He told me to be careful and go home.
I was more than happy to comply!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Up here in Quebec we have missed the last couple of storms (no hard feelings, but you can have it), but experience has shown me that all season tires are not for all seasons if you have 4 seasons. Snow tires are mandatory here and it sure makes a difference in both starting and stopping.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Well, us Northerners, just wanted to share with our Southern brethren. :D Oh, we haven't had any snow since about mid December. Lots of fog and rain, but the snow went......south. :mrgreen:
Old Law Dawg
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I see-- deny, deny, no coverage, What?? You think your policy is gonna cover that!!! fagetaboutit!!!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

The winter here in ohio has been a bust so far. I only had to use the roof rake once to get 2' off the roof on the back of the house and plow the drive three times. sure are alot of little hybred cars in the way :o on the road. they might get good milage they don't look happy when the roads are covered with 6" of wet greasy snow.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

rimrock wrote:I see-- deny, deny, no coverage, What?? You think your policy is gonna cover that!!! fagetaboutit!!!
I really hope not, I wrecked our nicest car. That's what I pay full coverage for. If they don't pay we are gonna have big problems. I have a perfect record, and like I said, no wrecks.....ever....until now. We aren't equipped for all this winter weather in Texas!!! :shock:
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Hobie wrote:6" is perfect tracking snow.... :wink:

Yeah, I know :lol: The only problem is the Game Warden can track me too! :shock:

The worst part of snow around here is when that is melts when it hits the pavement and will all freeze tonight. So tomorrow all the morons will be slipping and sliding in the ditches on their way to work. The ground is rotten from so much rain, so when they run off in someone's yard they rut it all up.

They said on the news we already had a record total for one day's worth of snow. It would be neat to see how deep it would have been if the ground hadn't been so warm.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

2ndovc wrote:Just sharing the wealth amigo!! :D

Really glad I squeeked down there and back between storms!

Get your snow shoes out and have some fun!!

jb 8)

Gee, thanks. You're too kind. :lol:
I'm glad you made the slot too. I guess driving in the rain is better than driving in ice or blowing snow.

Snow shoes! We don't got no stinkin' snow shoes! We can't even find a decent hill to sled down. When my kids were little, I would kill myself pulling them all over the yard when it snowed because there were no hills for them to slide down. :cry:
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Last year at this time we'd have maybe 6 feet of snow here in upstate NY (I had a snowbank next to my deck 5 ft high in April, and took 3 ft off the roof in January to get to 6" of solid ice that had to go as it caused a leak). This year about 20" total, all but one snow shower less than 3", and less than 6" on the ground now. Knoxville TN has as much or more.
Certified gun nut
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Hey Vance, I'm up in Wichita, KS. this week for work. Not a drop of new snow here but it's been cold. I called my wife a couple of times yesterday to see how it was going, she said it was getting deep at the house. I told her to take pictures, I'll try and post a couple up Friday evening. I'll get home Friday about two and it will be all melted, I hope.
Ricky

DWWC
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

vancelw wrote:
Hobie wrote:6" is perfect tracking snow.... :wink:

Yeah, I know :lol: The only problem is the Game Warden can track me too! :shock:
Oh, you're hunting during that special season in Texas when the deer are the tastiest!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Personally I do not understand what the issue is? Where I am from the majority of the year I do have snow, it is the minority of the year in which we do not. Enjoy!
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

montreal when I was a kid

we got some ice yesterday in killeen but it melted over night.
DAV life member.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Old Time Hunter wrote:Personally I do not understand what the issue is? Where I am from the majority of the year I do have snow, it is the minority of the year in which we do not. Enjoy!

The issue is, this is East Texas. We have laws against snow. :lol: Well, we should.

I like to visit snow and then go home. I like snow to visit me, and then go home. If snow visits to often, then I begin to think I live too far north and get an hankering to move.

It has been so wet here that the ground is rotten. This heavy snow toppled some trees last night. We're lucky we didn't get strong winds in the storm or it would be worse.

My power blinked a few times last night and then went off this morning for about 8 hours. I guess a tree fell on a main supply line somewhere. I showered in the dark, but at least I had hot water.

The roads were slushy yesterday, and idiots who don't drive in snow much cause wrecks. Today the roads were just wet-no ice. Still, all the schools shut down and city government did as well. (except for fire, police, ems) I wonder what that cost the taxpayers?
I was irritated at the schools shutting down for what I perceived as "nothing" until my daughter offered her point of view. She said it was better to let kids out of schools so they could play in the snow and go to school on a boring day. She also made a good point that some kids had not ever seen snow deep enough to play in and make snowmen. Often, around here all they can make is snow/grass/mudmen. Or instead of snow, it's sleet with a layer of frozen ice on top.

So..I came home from work early to play in the snow with my 18 year-old before she leaves the nest. (forgot about the electricity/heat being off...didn't think that part through. :oops: )
greyowl
Levergunner

Post by greyowl »

Looks about like June to me. Must be an old picture.
Shooting is the national passtime/ walk softly and carry a big stick
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Oh, if I had a nickle for every deer I've shot right after it snowed, I'd be rich!

They stick out like sore thumbs among all that white stuff!

No excuse, southerner.
lol
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Now, this is a first.

The last snow has not completely melted (it was gone except for the shaded areas) and here we go again!

Ground is already white.

Any of my more southerly neighbors want to trade houses? :lol:

Especially any forum members from the Bahamas. :D
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Hey Vance, we are just windy and cloudy here. They're calling for rain later.
Ricky

DWWC
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

RKrodle wrote:Hey Vance, we are just windy and cloudy here. They're calling for rain later.
Radar was showing nothing here, but when I look outside...
Feb 14 snow.jpg
I doubt it will stick, but I'm sure schools will close, the stores will be out of bread and milk, people will panic...and so forth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.