Muzzlestuffer/bpcr/cast bullet hunter types..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Don McDowell

Muzzlestuffer/bpcr/cast bullet hunter types..

Post by Don McDowell »

New discussion board wants to hear your story and post your pics. www.sageoutfitters.com
peabody
Levergunner

Re: Muzzlestuffer/bpcr/cast bullet hunter types..

Post by peabody »

muzzleloaders....ahhh... i sure love mine,

i've got two frames, underhammers, a .36 caliber squirrel barrel, and a rice.62 caliber 1:72 twist, with forsyth rifling.

and also another rice .58 caliber barrel, workin on a .62 smooth bore now,

the underhammers have been around since the 1700's its a TOTALLY american ideal, [typical good ol' american know how]

only TWO moving parts, the trigger guard is the hammer spring, anyone think the modern inlines are something new ? check out a underhammer, direct fire, no drum's no snail's, fires straight into the powder.

no cap's blowing up near your eyes, and left handers ? no problem,... scope ? no problem.[malcom scopes makes the LONG brass old tyme scopes, too neat!!!] mine is set up with breech plug, and three set screws. can swap barrels in under a min, the underhammers are the only true ''freefloating'' muzzleloader i know of ... all the target guys, shoot a underhammer.

dang ? i sound like a underhammer salesman.ha.

everyone should have a underhammer , :)

peabody
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I like underhammers too but have never had money coincidental with a good one being in front of me. IOW, I'm too easily distracted!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
peabody
Levergunner

Post by peabody »

Hobie wrote:I like underhammers too but have never had money coincidental with a good one being in front of me. IOW, I'm too easily distracted!

hobie ? you the same guy from graybeards ? speciality pistols ?

ha.

but ? graybeards has a virus, so i havent been there for a long long time.

try just one piece at a time, get an action, from mark at fire n' iron. action and stock, 150 bucks, and a green mountian barrel, 140 bucks ?

putt it together yourself, they really simple.

very very accurate.

super , super eazy to clean, just pop barrel off, stick breach into warm soapy water, pump it, oil it, screw nippel back on. your done.

peabody