Tube fed speed loader

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Tube fed speed loader

Post by MikeS. »

How do y'all speed load the tube feed lever guns? Specifically my Marlin 39A, I think I read a few months ago something about a straw???

Thanks guys
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Mike S.,

I made my speed loader from an aluminum arrow shaft. I cut mine to hold 15 .22 LR cartridges, plugged one end with a lathe-turned piece of walnut and drilled the business end to accept one of the small clips used to retain the primers on a Dillon primer tube.

I also made one to hold 10 cartridges in two groups of five for small bore lever action silhouettes. I'm happy with both loaders.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

During the winter months when cold fingers can barely hold a 22 shell, I load up one of these at home before heading to the range.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... &noImage=0

Paul
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Get you some free plastic straws, from either a National chain of coffee houses or burger joints, and a box of foam earplugs from WallyWorld or your local gun pusher.

Twist one earplug to a thin-enough size, to slide into one end of a straw (flush with the end) and leave it as an end plug. The foam will expand to a perfect fit.

Fill the straw with .22's, then plug the other end with another foam earplug as above - but only insert it halfway.

Make as many as you want.

MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Pete! That was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks man!
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

TIP: Take a cartridge with you, when straw hunting- to be sure to get the right inner diameter, to accept the shells.

The straws, I got, also accept .22mags. :)