POLITICS - Constitutional math

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS - Constitutional math

Post by engravertom »

10-2=0

What do you think?

Could it catch on? maybe put it on a bumper sticker? T shirt?

Tom
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

I doubt most people now days wouldn't know, OR CARE, what the message is. But neat never the less, and might catch on.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

I think it's a great idea. The only problem I see with it, is the uneducated and intellectually lazy majority of the populace would not get it. Maybe add a quote, like from the Founding Fathers along with it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Took me a minute but I got it. Not a bad idea but Gun Smith and Dastook are right... :(
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

I like the idea of adding the quote.

You can lead people to knowledge, but you can't make them think...

Tom
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

uh...

Okay, in case a youngster were to see this, why don't you explain it...

...you know, for them...
precisely!

Tom
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

The Bill of rights is the first 10 Amendments. The second amendment is the right to bear arms. Without the second, the rest will crumble, hence 10-2=0.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

Sorry, I thought you were making the point that if people asked about it, one could explain it to them.

That was part of the idea. keep it simple and provocative, in a good way.

"What does THAT mean?"

That is the question we want to hear.

Tom
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

I guess I had better study up on all ten, in case people ask! Time to review the 10 commandments with the kids too.

Tom
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I think the fourth amendment is pretty much gone already.

We're a good half way down the slippery slope.

Why are we so obsessed with safety and security as a society. I'm not a super religious person (non-practicing Catholic) but I firmly beleive that when it's your time, it's your time and no amount of legislation is going to change that.

As a nation, we're terrified of terrorists and school shooter, but many times more people will die from obesity related illness than terrorists or angry teens packing guns.

I wish the people would wise up to the fact that you legislate death away and stop throwing away their rights in a futile attempt to do so.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

The whole system is broken. If we elect 'law makers', why are we surprised when they make laws? And since the vast majority of 'law makers' consider themselves above the law, and are therefore completely corrupt, then why should we be surprised that they will without fail bind larger chains tighter around us. What else would they do, INCREASE OUR LIBERTIES?

NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Not when the halls of congress are full of pond scum..,
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

2+10=freedom
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

We're getting 2 new ones? :lol:
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

How about freedom from career politicians, and freedom from the income tax?!

Tom
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Why are we so obsessed with safety and security as a society. I'm not a super religious person (non-practicing Catholic) but I firmly beleive that when it's your time, it's your time and no amount of legislation is going to change that.
I think its got alot to do with how we came to be. RKBA made this country possible in ways most other countries cant fathom.

Canada, as similar as it may be, didn't need to fight for its freedom, England, again, as similar as it might be was never free. Matter of fact most of Europe has been 'won' so long ago that the people there forget exactly how the borders & stuff were drawn. Every border everywhere was first drawn in blood. IMHO its important to remember that.

I was taught in school that guns in the hands of good men made this country & that its a right as fundamental as freedom of the press & even more important. My kids are taught the same thing, just not in school.
I hope I'm wrong but I think in a few more generations our Gov't may have suceeded in erasing those essential facts from our collective conscience. Once that happens we wont be concerened so much with saftey & security. We wont be free anymore either tho.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That is a great idea! :D What a conversation starter - giving us each an opportunity to become abassadors for our Second Amendment rights. And make no mistake - each and every one of us is, indeed, representative of this right - whether we want to be or not. The vast non-gun-owning public judges us by the actions of our most ignorant adherents - our own "weakest links". We all need to strive to live up to the old NRA ad - one of my favorites - "I am the NRA". It showed that gun owners came from all walks of lives - that gun ownership crosses all boundaries (sex, race, religion, economic status, etc.). The more we show that this liberty protects all the rest - and that those who belief in it are really a cross-section of us all as a country - the better we stand to protect this right for ourselves and our children!
ohio hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ohio hunter »

It is scary but most people dont know what the constitution is or why it is important. I am labled a radical because I would rather talk about such things as freedom, responsibility, morality than sports or television. No surprise to me our country is going down the tubes. Jay
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The "10-2=0" I like - it reminds me of the Christian 'fish' symbol - something not too flashy, but to those in the know it would mean 'fellow pro-gunner' and to those not in the know, maybe they'd ask and we could educate them.

Might be a tad less intimidating to the non-gun crowd than wearing a 'Smith & Wesson" cap.

I've met people in normally gun-hostile environments (teaching medical students) who commented on my "Ruger" belt buckle, and when the conversation between two otherwise unremarkable physicians turned excitedly to guns, the bystander physicians who had to listen for a minute got a bit of education - that 'gun' people aren't all beer-swilling-trailer-living-wife-beaters (as they are taught in medical school), and that we also have some serious and academically supportable issues concerning gun control laws being counterproductive. None of that education would have happened were it not for a mutually recognized 'gun' symbol.

A quiet little logo sewn onto a shirt, or a button, or a bumper sticker, and it might go far.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
engravertom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by engravertom »

I think I will start with a ball cap. I wear them frequently, and it shows up better in winter than a T shirt.

It will take a little while to find a place to do it, but I'll post pics when I get it done.

take care, and thanks for the feedback!

Tom