94AE modification questions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Levergunner

94AE modification questions

Post by 9422 »

I bought a pre saftey 94 AE 30-30 the other day. However the lil tit that blocks the trigger untill the lever is squeezed is super stiff.

I have to sqeeze the lever as hard as I can instead of focusing on what I'm aiming at. I also have to choke up on the lever so much that its acctually the base of my finger that pulls the trigger.

My question is can I file this trigger block off?

Also I'm wanting to upgrade the sights both Front and rear. I'm thinkin either ghost ring or standard style of sight (non folding) for the rear and a post for the front. Wich do ya recomend

Thanks 9422

Heres the new gun alongside my 9422
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Dont file it off!! It must be depressed to allow the sear to release the hammer. The spring or interlock must be binding badly. If handy with tools,remove the butt stock and see if you can see what the L is going on.
there could be rust or debris holding it from doing it`s job the way it was intended to. :x
Levergunner

Post by 9422 »

ok I'll take er apart an have a look. If it looks like a headache I will probly have the smith take a look while he's doing the trigger.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

9422, my 1980 94 had the same problem, not as bad as yours though.
Once you take the lower tang out of the receiver, you can lightly pull the flat trigger stop spring up (that lays on top of the trigger stop) with a small screw driver and carefully take some of the spring out of it. Go real easy because if you go to far it will take all the spring out of it and will no longer set the trigger stop, a little goes a long way!

But first do the check that Chuck said and make sure nothing is binding.
Levergunner

Post by 9422 »

nothing is binding. It just seems like a super strong spring. But due to my history I'll let the smith figure this one out.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I am right with ya let the smith peek at it. If you have any douts in your talents then dont muck with it.

Nice looking shooter :)
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

For the sights, I'd suggest the Williams FP. it's a fine sight and you can unscrew the peep insert and it's as good as a ghost ring. Not as strong and durable, but unless you drop it on the sight it will last.