my wife is the best!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

my wife is the best!

Post by ab4ka »

A few weeks ago when I got my S&W 686+, I decided that gun was worthy of a custom holster. It's a gun I'd always wanted ever since I'd been shooting and I finally got one. So, it was time to figure out what holster I wanted.

I'd read lots about the Simply Rugged holsters and never heard a bad thing, so I decided that's what I wanted. It was also at the time that my wife and I were making our Christmas lists for each other, and I spec'd out exactly what I wanted and showed her where and how to order it.

Then I started waiting and hoping. Yesterday it came in and she let me have it now instead of waiting.

I'm certainly not disappointed! As a matter of fact, I've got two more that I want to get, one for a S&W 19-4 I got this week, and another for a S&W 6906. I might even see if he could do one for my S&W 22A (I'm a Smith fan in case you haven't guessed :D ).

Here's a pic of the latest object of my affection:

Now I just need a nice set of wood stocks for this gun. The Hogue rubber grip is ok for shooting, but this gun is worthy of something better. I like the Hogue wood stock, as well as I've looked at the Ahrends and may go that route. Eventually I'd love to get a set of full custom stocks from Herrett's.

If you want a well made, well fitted and truly excellent holster, give Rob a try! http://www.simplyrugged.com
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Re: my wife is the best!

Post by bsaride »

Yep, ya done good on the wife!

Yep, simplyrugged makes good leather,
I like Smiths as well, my setup is for a 21-4.

My holster
SS851333 sm.jpg
My setup
SS851328 sm.jpg
My gun
S-W 21-4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ab4ka »

I like that floral! I'm trying to decide if I want to get that or the basketweave for my next one...gotta get my model 19 hooked up :D
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Picking up my 1959 4 inch K-22 in a week and need to decide on leather.
Do I want vintage or new? Not even leaning one way or the other at this point
Ok, maybe vintage if I find something nice.
Will put Fuzzy Farrant grips on it :D
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

BSAride, tell me about the Smith. Box looks new, but I'm not at all familiar with the model. And this from a smith junkie.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That's a good wife indeed! Rob makes great holsters. I like all mine.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

ab4ka wrote:A few weeks ago when I got my S&W 686+, I decided that gun was worthy of a custom holster. It's a gun I'd always wanted ever since I'd been shooting and I finally got one. So, it was time to figure out what holster I wanted.

I'd read lots about the Simply Rugged holsters and never heard a bad thing, so I decided that's what I wanted. It was also at the time that my wife and I were making our Christmas lists for each other, and I spec'd out exactly what I wanted and showed her where and how to order it.

Then I started waiting and hoping. Yesterday it came in and she let me have it now instead of waiting.

I'm certainly not disappointed! As a matter of fact, I've got two more that I want to get, one for a S&W 19-4 I got this week, and another for a S&W 6906. I might even see if he could do one for my S&W 22A (I'm a Smith fan in case you haven't guessed :D ).

Here's a pic of the latest object of my affection:

Now I just need a nice set of wood stocks for this gun. The Hogue rubber grip is ok for shooting, but this gun is worthy of something better. I like the Hogue wood stock, as well as I've looked at the Ahrends and may go that route. Eventually I'd love to get a set of full custom stocks from Herrett's.

If you want a well made, well fitted and truly excellent holster, give Rob a try! http://www.simplyrugged.com

you might try these folks for grips.

http://www.blu-magnum.com/

one of our forum members.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

jeepnik wrote:BSAride, tell me about the Smith. Box looks new, but I'm not at all familiar with the model. And this from a smith junkie.
Picked it up about a year ago.

S&W 21-4 that was available in blue, nickle, or color case hardened finishes.
6 shot 44 Special N frame, fixed sights, 4 inch bbl.

Had a couple 44s before and the Lew Horton 3 inch 624 was my fav packer
KI6WZU
NRA member