Another .30-30

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Another .30-30

Post by Swampman »

I drove a long ways to pick up a 39A a fellow had promised me (2 days before) yesterday. He'd given it away without even calling me to let me know not to come. I stopped at a pawn shop and bought a pretty nice non-CBS 1983 era 336 with a Redfield 3-9X40 mounted on it. I figure the scope is worth $100.00 and I'm going to swap it out with a 2-7X32 Nikon Prostaff that's on my Remington 700ML after the late muzzleloading season. I said a few colorful words when I found out the guy had given the 39A away.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another .30-30

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well it worked out for you anyway - but it never does cease to amaze me how people can be so inconsiderate of others...

oh and....

:D :D :D
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

+1

yup,yup,yup.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ab4ka »

I think I'd have gotten pretty colorful myself, but at least it wasn't a complete waterhaul. I love stopping at small shops as you never know what you'll run into.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

That rots ! :evil:

Heck - I STILL haven't spoken to the husband of one of my wife's cousins, when he did that to me in 1972 !

I had immediately told him exactly what I thought of him when I found out, and he avoids meting my eyes to this day at family gatherings.