How about a "multi-cartridge" Marlin?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

How about a "multi-cartridge" Marlin?

Post by adirondakjack »

Along with a small group of telephone-linked friends, I;m working on some re-engineering of the Marlin 1894.

One fellow came up with a scheme to create a "controlled feed". He's also come up with some mods to allow VERY SHORT cartridges such as the Cowboy .45 Special to run in the marlin without a handmade, dedicated carrier and other extensive mods.

As a "build along", I've been doing these mods and some additional tinkering with a .44 mag 1894. Though the carrier in the gun now has been through several versions, and is now patched with JB weld, etc, an hour ago I loaded three .44 mag, 240 rnfp loaded to a 1.560 OAL, three .44 special 240 SWCs, and three .44 Russian 200 rnfps at something like 1.255 OAL, alternating them, and they ALL fed. Some fed better than others (the SWC .44 specials fed best), but I'm tantalizingly close to a true multi-cartridge Marlin ;)

Waddaya think?
Certified gun nut
prebans
Levergunner

Re: How about a "multi-cartridge" Marlin?

Post by prebans »

Head over to HomeGunsmith.Com. Those guys REALLY know their stuff when it comes to modifications and new creations.

Mike
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I THINK THAT IS COOL AS ALL GITTOUT, JACK !! IF 22 LEVERGUNS CAN FEED 22SHORT, LONG AND 22LR I SEE NO REASON WHY CENTERFIRE LEVERGUNS CANNOT BE AS VERSATILE IN FEEDING VAROUS LENGTH CARTRIDGES OF THE SAME CALIBER.
I KNOW OF A LEVERGUN THAT CHAMBERED AND FED 45COLT, 454CASULL, AND 460S&W SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE THE 460 CARTRIDGE WAS A GLEAM IN IT'S DADDY'S EYE, LONG BEFORE IT BECAME A COMMERCIAL REALITY. I HAVE NO IDEA WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAT LEVERGUN. I DO KNOW IT COULD STAND CONTINUOUS 454CASULL PRESSURES.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Terry Murbach wrote:I KNOW OF A LEVERGUN THAT CHAMBERED AND FED 45COLT, 454CASULL, AND 460S&W SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE THE 460 CARTRIDGE WAS A GLEAM IN IT'S DADDY'S EYE, LONG BEFORE IT BECAME A COMMERCIAL REALITY. I HAVE NO IDEA WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAT LEVERGUN. I DO KNOW IT COULD STAND CONTINUOUS 454CASULL PRESSURES.
Really_really_want1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds very, very cool! 8)
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OI phones in... »

I'd like to see almost any magazine-fed gun (BLR?) set up to do a simple barrel swap for .243/.308/.35Rem...
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Terry Murbach wrote:I THINK THAT IS COOL AS ALL GITTOUT, JACK !! IF 22 LEVERGUNS CAN FEED 22SHORT, LONG AND 22LR I SEE NO REASON WHY CENTERFIRE LEVERGUNS CANNOT BE AS VERSATILE IN FEEDING VAROUS LENGTH CARTRIDGES OF THE SAME CALIBER.
I KNOW OF A LEVERGUN THAT CHAMBERED AND FED 45COLT, 454CASULL, AND 460S&W SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE THE 460 CARTRIDGE WAS A GLEAM IN IT'S DADDY'S EYE, LONG BEFORE IT BECAME A COMMERCIAL REALITY. I HAVE NO IDEA WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAT LEVERGUN. I DO KNOW IT COULD STAND CONTINUOUS 454CASULL PRESSURES.
I SCREWED THIS ALL UP !!!! I MEANT TO SAY THAT RIFLE COULD NOT STAND CONTINOUS 454 CASULL PRESSURES, AND IT DID'NT.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH