OT - Currently Reading...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

OT - Currently Reading...

Post by DBW »

"A Son of Thunder" by Henry Mayer, a biography on Patrick Henry

"Secret Proceedings and Debates of the Constitutional Convention", a compilation of little known debates recorded by Robert Yates, Chief Justice of New York

"Consitutional Chaos" by Judge Andrew Napolitano... revealing insights into the abuse of the Constitution by government

"Constitution in Exile" by Judge Andrew Nspolitano... the title is self explanatory. Both of the Judges books include the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights and amendments.

Good reading. :)
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Currently Reading...

Post by rjohns94 »

nice list of books. well done.

My current reading list includes the works of Col. Patterson, TR's African Game Trails, Capstick's The last Ivory Hunter, and Hemingway's The Green Hills of Africa.

I also have going some of the works by Manning: The Ragamuffin Gospel, Ruthless Trust, and the furious longing of God.
Last edited by rjohns94 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I'm working through A Rifleman Went to War by H.W. McBride. When I'm not on the internet, watching hockey or doing both at the same time (like now... :lol: )
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ab4ka »

I'm reading "No Second Place Winner" by Bill Jordan (for about the 4th time). Great book, I could read the whole thing in one sitting if my eyes would work...I hate progressive lenses!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Ditto hating the progressive lenses!!

I;ll go further and say I HATE BIFOCALS!!

My reading is not so weighty at the moment.

I'm almost finished with High Towers by Thomas Costan.

Waiting in the "on deck circle" is Turning the Hiram Key by Robert Lomas. It is a book on Masonic ritual.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Man, I loved the McBride book and was sorry when I got to the last page.
Reading "Flintlock Fowlers" by Grinslade and "Teach Yourself Afrikaans" by McDermott.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Reading "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee" now, a bit late (my high school history teacher recommended it 35 years ago... :oops: ).

I'd thought it was just 'essay' stuff, but it is fascinating history.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Just finished "Night" by Elie Weisel. It's his chronical about his families experience regarding their incarceration in Nazi prison camps. Made me flaming mad. Going on to the works of Adam Smith & Fredrich Hayak next.

LB
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I just finished " The Man Who Lives With Wolves" by Shaun Ellis. Interesting read.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
bmtshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bmtshooter »

Not to hijack the topic - but the progressive lenses work great if fitted properly. When looking through a scope with your eye at the wrong distance from the lens, the field of sharp view will be very small in diameter. It's the same for progressives. The lens must be in correct alignment to the eye to work well. I found that my opthamologist doesn't give that enough consideration when fitting glasses to my face. A few minutes of my own adjustment gets them working great. My wife's opthamologist on the other hand, recognizes this and fits them well the first time. Unless fitted properly, it's like trying to read a book while looking through a toilet paper tube.........not my idea of a good time. Adjusted correctly, thet are great.

Hope this information helps. :roll:
NRA life member
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I just finished Hemingway's "Green Hills of Africa". I enjoyed it a great deal and it left me hungry for more. I wish I could spend a month on safari!
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

Just re-read "Man-eaters of Kumaon" by Jim Corbett.

Bob in NE Indiana
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige