OT- I Lost a "Hairy" niece today................

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rifleman336
Levergunner 2.0

OT- I Lost a "Hairy" niece today................

Post by Rifleman336 »

This morning I was woken up to hear the terrible news, My sisters 14 year old miniture Yorky terrier, HALLIE had a massive heart attack and was having to be put down.

She weight only 3.3 LBS so she was a tinny little thing with lots of spunk far and above her size. I know it sounds silly, that such a little dog, could be of any value to a person.

When My sister got her from a abusive home, Hallie was one scared little girl. Because of the abuse she recieved she always coward from men, at first. Hallie would eventually get over her fear of the men in the family.

In the days and weeks after my sister brought her home, my sister would drop off my "hairy niece" to be baby sat, for Yorkie can have seperation anxiety so bad they can die. Thats why owners will have several dogs to keep themselves company.

In my case I became the dogsitter for I was out of work, due to a massive back injury. Over the year I couldn't believe my eyes as I seen this little dog , something I never gave much credit to, how smart they can be in general. I could bore you with endless stories of things she did to suprise the whole family. In a nut shell Hallie exibited the mental ability approxamately to a 3 year old.

So to me she always was the little girl, to me and the family. She stayed with my sister in the later years at her house, and Hallie finally got, a friend, in the form of a another Yorky named Daisy.

When she came over to "visit" if my sister went away for a trip. The funny part is seeing a little dog trying to convince the family to live all in the same house, so she could be with everybody.

My sister has been married for 3 years know and still hasn't had any children, so the dogs are her children.

And so as I type this theirs a 35 year old getting misty eyed over the eventual death of a 3 pound dog. :( :( :( :( :( But I feel like my sister just lost a her daughter.

Rifleman 336
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT- I Lost a "Hairy" niece today................

Post by J Miller »

Rifleman 336,

You and your sister have my sincerest condolences. I've lost loved pets (really family members) too. I know the pain your feeling.
Comfort your sister, it will help you too.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( Over the years, I've discovered the loss of a four legged friend is almost worse than the loss of two legged ones....Sounds like it's time for a new puppy to be rescued and taken care of.....I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'll hoist one to your niece at MC meeting this evening.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Rifleman,

I'd think a lot less of you if you hadn't confessed to getting misy-eyed over the pending loss of your "hairy niece."

heck, i' siting here crying and i don't even know Hallie!

I've had a number of Yorkies over the years, so i know how smart, brash, and funny they can be.

My little Cricket, a reall "Daddy's Girl" used to bark at my boss's 200+ pound mixed breed. When ZacK would come up to me to see what sort of bug was making dog noises, Cricket would hide behind my feet, peek around my ankles and growl at Zack.

You, your sister and the rest of Hallie's family have my deepest sympathy.

If you will, pass on to your sister a copy of the poem I'll post below. Perhaps it will make the parting a trifle easier.

God Bless you all,
Doc

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear of your loss, but glad your family rescued that little dog and gave it a loving home.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Nice tribute to little Hallie. Hope someone talks half that nice about me when its my time...
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It is hard to lose good friends... My condolences.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

sorry for your loss and your sister's prayers up for you.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
fatoldfool
Levergunner 2.0

Post by fatoldfool »

Oh man, I am really sorry for the loss. To some people, certainly me and apparently you, they are like a family member because they are a family member. A quote only dog lovers can understand, by Will Rogers, "If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they go".
ab4ka
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ab4ka »

I understand how you feel. We've got a Cocker Spaniel that has been with us almost as long as we've been married...he's 13, and we were married a year when we got him. He's really slowing down and pretty much just sleeps a lot. He still gets excited at the idea of going "bye-byes", but I know the day is coming :(
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

A good dog deserves to be missed and greived over. I recently lost my buddy and it still hurts. He was the best.

My condolences.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

sitting here petting my "yellow freak" lab as I read this, prayers for you all. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

I hear you loud and clear it is amazing how much we are comforted by our pets never thought it so till the last couple years. Still miss my Lab but not going to get another till I'm retired.Time will tell when you are ready for another then one will be there for you. Wish you well.
wilko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by wilko »

when i immigrated from holland to the u.s. , my little yorkshire terrier "ricky" came over with me.... he was the only thing i took with me.... he's gone now :( i know how you feel !!!!

hang in there buddy!
Last edited by wilko on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"there's a man going around, taking names.."
Rifleman336
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman336 »

Thank you, for you kind words everybody, my sister should find it comforting to know shes not alone.

I Hallie's last couple years she was deffinately slowing down. I just wish like anybody that loses somebody I could have found a way of saying good by, before she left.

Thank you all,

Rifleman 336
Never bite off more than you can chew.
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Sorry for the loss of a family member (they are, you know). I too have a bunch waiting at the Rainbow Bridge...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry to hear that! :(
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

You have my empathy pard...last week I had to put down my 20 yr. old cat Kate. What a gal she was...condolences for your loss of a good friend...

LB
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

bummer
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"